Some statistics on US servers

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Wabbit said:
hahahaha cant stop laughing at all the people that said..."noooooooh Blizzard makes balanced games, there's not much classes yet so not much they can do wrong..." looks like a 2nd daoc to me...stealthers overpowered and 75% of the population going for the "normal" realm (Albion - Alliance)

Well done! :)

you realize these "statistics" are based purely upon the top 25 people from the 88 servers?

therefore it represents merely a fraction of each server and in now way the entire population.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Umm, well it seems that rogues are abit overpowered ;o

mts

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Umm, well it seems that rogues are abit overpowered ;o

i never said rogues werent overpowered, i was mainly referring to the population comment by mr. wabbit.

that being said, im pretty sure a paladin can go toe to toe with a rogue and come out on top most of the times.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I Dont believe any class is especially overpowered, its just that some get played more because they appeal to more players. I.e. Rogue sounds alot more exciting than Priest to the average player. Just as in daoc people want to get wtfpwn killspam etc, and they believe mages, rogues etc will accomplish that goal easier.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
How come?

I plan on playing one, that suggests that 1) they are seriously underpowered still, and 2) they dont level solo very well.
but oh well, im still gonna play one.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
I plan on playing one, that suggests that 1) they are seriously underpowered still, and 2) they dont level solo very well.

Or maybe just that the other chars are far more fotm and to few ppl play druids. I would play one, but my RL friend took that spot so I will go for Shaman in our team.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Rogue arent overpowered. Sure they have the best damage, others make up for that in utility.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
From what I understand from what Aloca said, it's not rouges being overpowered, but you get far to much exp from low level mobs.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Rouges are really fast killers, if they spec sword/mace build they kill targets around same lvl really really fast and you have no reason to ever stealth up :)

But i would not say overpowered, but a good class :)

Pala on the other hand ^^

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
So much fuss over statistics that doesn't really say anything useful.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
So much fuss over statistics that doesn't really say anything useful.

this man speaks sense,start the arguement when some real statisics are floating our way.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
haarewin said:

Have you tried playing a druid either in OB or US retail?
I cannot say about highlvl content for druids, but from lvl 1 to 24 (atleast) its one of the best solo classes around, both PvE and PvP.
And, if every yank agrees druids suck, does the class have to suck?

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
I cannot say about highlvl content for druids, but from lvl 1 to 24 (atleast) its one of the best solo classes around, both PvE and PvP.

no it doesent suck,but it would suggest there lacking somthing other classes have..but most class can be lethal when played right ....and the oposition is crappo :D

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Look at the stats again in like 2-3 months. I'm pretty sure the chart as changed a whole lot by then. Rouge is simply a fotm char atm. Doesn't have anything to do with being overpowered/underpowered. Stealthers has always been popular. :)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Doesn't have anything to do with being overpowered/underpowered.

My friend, if you seriously think that the rogue is not overpowered, you are not looking at the same game the rest of us are.

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> I'm pretty sure the chart as changed a whole lot by then.

As far as class distribution is concerned? Aye, that will probably change and top 25 is influenced by factors other than just population.

What I doubt will change in 2-3 months is difference in faction populations. This morning there was a post on official forums with statistics similar to mine. Was based on some other data than maxmeout (not just top 25), can't find it now, looks like the thread got deleted. That was only for 8 servers tho. Anyhow, class distribution were somewhat different from what I got, but the prominent features, such as plenty of rogues and very few druids/priests, were still present. The faction populations were a close match with mine. On PvP servers, alliance leading but not by much (around 15%), on PvE servers alliance leading with huge margin (around 30% vs 70%). That's a bit too much to even out any time soon.

Ottar

PS! And guys, can we kindly restrain ourselves from talking about "overpoweredness" of classes in this thread? Let's at least attempt to not turn this forum into likeness of vnboards or official wow forums. :(

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
My friend, if you seriously think that the rogue is not overpowered, you are not looking at the same game the rest of us are.

And how would you know?!

Your sig. says:

AhoyHoy said:
Waiting for WoW

So all I can say... is well against what mods want :D

BTW I think druids will be a very good class, its just not as popular as other classes. I got the best buffs in the game, if you can trust what Blizzards says.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
rogues are good and extremely fast levellers, everyone will hit 60 in the end - surely wait till then before screaming nerf

you should all know from DAoC that Necromancers are superb levellers but shit in RvR (unless somethings changed in few months ive been away)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Im not screaming nerf, all i am saying is that is it common knowledge that the rogue is an overpowered class, and i cant see how it is comparable to a necromancer, as it is also common knowledge that it is one of the most powerful classes in PvP.

Also, i fail to see what my signature has to do with any of this :m00:

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Im not screaming nerf, all i am saying is that is it common knowledge that the rogue is an overpowered class, and i cant see how it is comparable to a necromancer, as it is also common knowledge that it is one of the most powerful classes in PvP.

Also, i fail to see what my signature has to do with any of this :m00:

I ment that as you're not in game, how would you know better then him?
Form US cry babies?
From forums?
They scream nerf for anything, sadly.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
I ment that as you're not in game, how would you know better then him?
Form US cry babies?
From forums?
They scream nerf for anything, sadly.

did u get ur copy from dvdboxoffice yet?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:

i played one in ob. only got lvl 18, solo'd most of that, but spent a lot of time crafting. i liked my druid, too. but its discouraging to see few druids is all im saying.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Nope, still backordered.
They have a huge shortage of WoW in US atm :(

Which isnt helped by thousands of people who arent in the US, and therefore not really meant to be playing it, ordering it off the internet ;)

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Which isnt helped by thousands of people who arent in the US, and therefore not really meant to be playing it, ordering it off the internet ;)

we might care,but where the ones doing it :p

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
The original stats will prolly change over time with more "healing/support" type classes in the mix since a successful/regular PvP group depends on healers so much.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:

Right, but when EU release comes it will be ok to play on US servers according to Blizzard, so why not start now ?
Yes, I know they don't want me/us to do it, but...it's my money :D

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Well I cant blame you for buying it if its available, heck, id buy it as well if i didnt already have a guild for euro release, but Blizzard saying that they dont want people outside the US, Australia and somewhere else ( cant remember ) playing it , but doing nothing to stop people playing from outside the US apart from some quite feeble things about CC adresses or something that are quite obviously easily bypassed just doesnt tally.

Oh, and the only US server id actually play on would be a roleplaying one. Having to roleplay beats the heck out of having to inhabit the same space as the infamous American youths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom