Some servers commng up !

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Will they be up today or tommorow? they said it's a long patch so............. what does that mean tonight of thursday, and i don't mean at like 11gmt tonight that it will come back up.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I won't hold my breath for tonight tbh ...

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
[5-10-2005] Last adjustments

A stability issue that was detected during the final checks is currently being corrected but this will slightly delay the reopening of the servers. The restart is now planned for this evening. Thank you for your patience.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Seriusly im wierd, im sure like many other.. Just idle`ing by the computer for a whole day, doing nothing else that just waiting for the opening of the servers, and watching that server window. heh ^^:m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Lol at their service still being down! Well they only had like 3 months to check things and fix em...

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I used to work in IT support and everytime an update on our servers was needed, we'd just start it at 2am, that way we had little problems the next day and no angry people wondering why they can't work. I don't see why GOA don't do the same thing. Anyways, playing UT2K4 at the moment, good times :D

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
No surprises. They always have major problems when a new patch comes out. Do they even bother testing stuff?

Where is the clustering? Where is the roll of honour?

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
doesn't matter how much you test something , something can still cockup or even breakdown , if anything they are prolly dieing to get these servers up , it's been down all day so they have been doing this all day and if that were me i'd be pretty pissed if i'd been working on something for a whole day and it still didn't work in the evening , give em a break.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Cathos said:
give em a break.

I don't give a break to people that I pay. Do it, or get out of the business.

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
Yes lets give them a break. No access all day - are we getting an extra free day for compensation?

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Reika said:
No surprises. They always have major problems when a new patch comes out. Do they even bother testing stuff?

Where is the clustering? Where is the roll of honour?

I think they delaying clustering to fix the problems on Prydwen first

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
Notirt said:
I think they delaying clustering to fix the problems on Prydwen first

Yeah but didn't these problems arise when the clustering was gonna happen?

If I had lost all my stuff I would not be amused.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
well seems everyone gets so pissed off cos the patch takes 1 day out their 1 month subs , sounds totally stupid to me tbh , if you don't like them adding stuff in ( which does take up time ) then i suggest you either

A) go play a new game which doesn't involve patches.
B) go play a console

cos tbh whinging on a public forum cos you can't play ( like everyone is else ) is a tad annoying for those who don't mind the downtime.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Cathos said:
well seems everyone gets so pissed off cos the patch takes 1 day out their 1 month subs , sounds totally stupid to me tbh , if you don't like them adding stuff in ( which does take up time ) then i suggest you either

A) go play a new game which doesn't involve patches.
B) go play a console

cos tbh whinging on a public forum cos you can't play ( like everyone is else ) is a tad annoying for those who don't mind the downtime.

Man, what kind of job are you doing out of curiosity?

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Just when I decided to start playing again a bit, or at least checking out how things are, it's patch day :p Didn't follow much news on the community page, don't have a clue about what's going on on excal anymore.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
I used to work in IT support and everytime an update on our servers was needed, we'd just start it at 2am, that way we had little problems the next day and no angry people wondering why they can't work. I don't see why GOA don't do the same thing. Anyways, playing UT2K4 at the moment, good times :D

Same here. However, more people on DAOC at 2am than 9am, hence why they start it then !

Darzil

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
bet you the french servers come up 1st though :p

plus the us servers dont take so long to patch (im not moaning just stating a fact)

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
i don't work i am disabled so therefore playing games is good way to pass the time and keep my mind off things.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Reika said:
I bet DAoC is your first MMORPG.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Cathos said:
i don't work i am disabled so therefore playing games is good way to pass the time and keep my mind off things.

OK, so I'm not gonna give an example from a business side of things but from a client side.

You pay for your cable tv on a flat rate regardless the usage, something like daoc. Something goes down and there is no support. The supervisor you eventually reach on the phone tells you "well, it's only this one time in a month that we have a problem"

A) You accept it as a valid excuse?

B) You're not accepting it as it affects your statutory rights as a customer.

Transposing this example into daoc as it's run in the european servers, I mostly see problems than a proper service. The only ones that keep up a good level out of it are the GMs who are trying to do their best in a company that's more interested in wine tasting than running a business.

Tbh I feel sorry for Mythic as their business partner is shite

edit:
Lamp said:
TBH I reckon ppls better off going to do something else instead and logging on tomorrow.

I was doing something else but stupid me came home early. They should have at the very least say that it will last all day. Bad communication anyone?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
TBH I reckon ppls better off going to do something else instead and logging on tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom