Some noob questions

ellanderthorn

Fledgling Freddie
Guys can anyone answer me theese quick questions?

1. What skill makes you evade more?
2. I was told that quickness has a 250 cap for bow draw time is that correct?
If so is there any point is going over 250?
3. anyone know how bow damage is caculated? is it bow speed and dex?
4. Are pierce weapons deffo str/dex based?
5. What effect does weapon skill have? is it just the higher the number the higher % to hit?

Sorry for the noobnees of me questions thanks in advance

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
1. 50% qui, 50% dex
2. afaik 250 qui is a soft cap and rumours have said that it doesnt make you hit any faster but may still reduce style dmg as if it did
3. Bow is 100% dex, and won spd aye
4. yes.
5. afaik yes.

R

Rindril

First of all .. sorry for the orrible english I use.. I'm one of the spaghetti-eater from Vortighern :)

1- 50% dex and 50% Agi (some rumors said 75% agi and 25% dex...)
2- Yep AGI for the purpouse of calculating The EffectiveSpeed is Capped at 250 BUT

At firs rememebre that my testing are limited to 1.60 (ITA server) with the stable HARD cap at 300 on Stat.
But i was inFamous for to be one of the most Math-oriented there

I've done some testing on capped abilities (stat) and i've noticed that for the pourpose of calculating the Weapon Skill for Midgardian Spear (50% dex and 50% STR) the cap of 300 comes just AFTER the averaging.

For example a Cobby Hunter with 340 dex 200 STR has, with spear equipped, a WS HIGHER than the same Cobby with just 300 dex and 200 STR.
What does it means? ...
I suppose that in calculating the % of evade (partly by dex and partly by AGI) a Stat over cap is used as far the other are not ..

3- Complicate question :) .. just say that for MAXIMIZE your Bow damage you have to maximize

dex - for weapon skill (base damage) 100% effect
vel - (the base delay of the bow)
agi - does not increase the damage per shot .. but minimize the delay between shots WITHOUT decreasing the damage
bowskill - (obviously over 50 in skill+rankbonus+itembonus the effect is greatly diminished)

4- Pierce WP on Albion and Hib are 50% dex 50% str, on midgard ALL SPEAR and ALL handTHand wp (for savage) not counting the damage type.

5- I think tha no one.. even Mythic knows exactly how work the code of Daoc :) ... to mutch "pachting and adjusting" BUT more than in % to hit WS influence the damage done for a succesfull hit.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
2. afaik 250 qui is a soft cap and rumours have said that it doesnt make you hit any faster but may still reduce style dmg as if it did

You do the same dmg over time with more qui, but higher dmg per hit with low qui, was this way when I tried a zerk awhile back so I'm not 100% certain it still works this way.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i could have typed that a little better...i meant AFTER 250 soft cap its rumoured to stop making you hit faster but still decrease style dmg...but up to 250 aye..dmg over time is the same..just hit faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom