Some Catacombs predictions...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
based on Mythic's expansions so far

1: It will look very pretty. Albion's zones will be the biggest and most detailed; Midgard's will have the least lighting (but lots of snow. Yes, even underground); and Hibernia's one won't have been finished (but it will have more trees. OK, special underground trees).

2: The new classes will be interesting, and pretty much everyone will roll one to see what they're like. This will allow those who whine about them later to call anyone playing them FOTM, because unless they were playing the class 6 months before it was released they're obviously just jumping on the bandwagon.
Albion's one will incorporate all of the playerbase's suggestions for improvements to other classes and be pretty good; Hibernia's will be weird but probably fun to play; and even if Midgard's one is an immobile tree sloth whose sole means of offense is harsh language (there's always room for an Aliens reference), Albs will still whine about it being overpowered, and ask for its vocabulary to be reduced.

3: RvR players will complain and complain and COMPLAIN about the 37 minutes of PvE required to get the new Slightly Different Coloured Helm Than Your Current One drop, which they will simply HAVE to have because it has a +1 Wtfpwn bonus.

4: PvE players won't.

5: 2,000 players will post on forums about it being "THE DEATH OF DAOC!!!" 15 minutes after installing it, and proceed to inform the world that this is the final straw, it's just not the same as in the good old days of TOA and they will /cancel for whatever that month's new MMORPG is.
And then come back two days later.

6: The bugs will eventually be completely sorted about two patches later.

7: The sky will not fall.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Muhahahahaha! So true! :clap:

Special offer just today! I offer Cheese now for the future whines of Catacombs! :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I only like cheese on pizza, so if ya buying, ill have a large pepperoni.

Heres my reply to this subject:
Aye, a better version of DF would be great....hang on aint that Dodens Gruva....oh so popular place.....not.

There is nothing that can out do Emain for RvRability, why beats the hell out of me, its crap for every combat aspect you can imagine.

DF worked but as only one realm can enter it, its limited.

So they gave us the frontier dungeon, 1 week later it was empty and has pretty much stayed that way.

Without a major revamp of the existing frontiers, youll never get anything near as popular and therefore as much RvR fun as Emain.

Heres my bain with the new stuff liek this:

SI came out, old realm dies, dungeons like Barrows and Spindlehalla are emptied apart from farmers. Everyone gets into SCing and templates are easily capable. Sidi and TG camped all day by focus groups earning lots of uber cash.

ToA comes out, SI dies, no Sidi or TG raids anymore, items from those dungeons fall in price, new SC templates are made by all, but now items degrade faster than ever. Scroll and artifact teams camp zones all day farming essential scrolls.

Catacombes comes out, Old realm is now totally deserted except for a few doing quests and entering dungeons. SI is now totally dead too, thats 2 expansions gone. ToA becomes redundant and no one can get enough ppl together to do the MLs, therefore only the veteran powaplayas with ML10, RR10 and uber itemz are viable in RvR. Frontiers become more empty. New Cata items available making old realm, Sidi / TG, ToA and artifacts seem useless. FotM classes camp named / unique mobs for their drops, not allowing others in to gain prizes.

See any pattern here?

Revamp what we have first, give it a new lease of life, then piss around with new zones. They are killing the game fromthe inside out.

Just my 2c
icon_smile.gif

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Even worse...Blizzard got the idea about instanced dungeouns first, so basicly Mythic stole the idea. Bastards! Only thing i wanna know more about is the new class of course...but still, screw you Mythic you lazy idea stealers!

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Sanzor said:
Even worse...Blizzard got the idea about instanced dungeouns first, so basicly Mythic stole the idea. Bastards! Only thing i wanna know more about is the new class of course...but still, screw you Mythic you lazy idea stealers!
EverQuest has had instancing for about a year now...could be longer.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Yes instancing was introduced by EQ with Lost Dungeons of Norath, September 9th 2003. Very clever, very well implemented. The only working example out there so far. No surprise that it was LDoN and not Toa that gotthe 2003 Game of the Year award!

A concept and one advanced the playability of all mmorpgs.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
This add on is such a blanant rip off of EQ's Lost Dungeons of Norrath. Seems Mthic are running out of ideas. Anyway, a friend of mine posted this on a guild website. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

:clap:

I signed up for beta a while ago for DAoC on the new patches. I got this reply today.

Dear G******,

Thankyou for your interest in beta testing for Frontiers expansion. We can gladly advise you that you have been selected and futher details will follow.

As you are probobaly aware, we always strive to bring origonality to this unique game and the efforts of out testers is much welcomed.

Let me take this opportunity to give you a sneak preview of some more new and unique ideas we have in the pipeline.

1. Due out 1/2005. Camelot Galaxy Expansion. With the release of this expansion ML8 characters and above will find the ability to activate their 'Force (TM)' slot allowing them to access new and unique skills. They will also be able to make their own weapon which will be based on a sword that is a Slash Saber and will be made of solid light. We are still thinging of a name for this but possibly LightSlasher or LightSaber or something similar.

2. Due 3/2005. Camelot Centuries. Master Skillsmen will be able to fashion a new type of vehicle which can travel through the air. This will allow faster travel to and from zones, as well as great sightseeing around Norrath ... erm I mean Camelot.

3. Due 6/2005 Counter Camelot Strike. Still got this on the drawing board. Idea though is that Albs will take Hibs hostage and the Mids will need to try and rescue them. Or to make it a bit more unique, the Albs may try to blow-up one of the MGs in the frontier.

As you can see, we have a unique and exciting time coming up.

Look forward to seing you in beta.

Mr F Witt.
Camelot Design Team

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
or maybe AO has done this for years and stuff ;x

retards without a clue acting smart = priceless.

Mysticrose

Fledgling Freddie
Breni said:
EverQuest has had instancing for about a year now...could be longer.

Anarchy Online has instance dungeons since pretty much of the beginning of the game, that was even before Everquest ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom