Solo'ers: Are there any left?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Yeah cause its not like a shaman can't just recast disease, what having disease, aoe disease and instant pbaoe disease with no immunity timer and potions having a 70 second re-use timer.

The only time you will catch a shaman is if he fucks up big time.

QQ more, disease tincture is instant cast on a 30 seconds timer and the end pot will last the whole fight.

Spam your snare style only when you are on him to keep him perma snared, it's as good as the disease. The rest of his CC will not last long on you due to your resists, stoicism and det.

If you never get close, I suggest to cure disease first time and run in the oppostie direction until he makes a mistake. You and a shammy have same speed.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
QQ more, disease tincture is instant cast on a 30 seconds timer and the end pot will last the whole fight.

Spam your snare style only when you are on him to keep him perma snared, it's as good as the disease. The rest of his CC will not last long on you due to your resists, stoicism and det.

If you never get close, I suggest to cure disease first time and run in the oppostie direction until he makes a mistake. You and a shammy have same speed.

And its still instantly recastable back on you, 30 seconds or not. There is NO immunity timer and you wont get close enough to use any styles, snare or not, if he knows what he is doing.

He doesn't actually NEED any other form of CC, disease is better then CC against tanks.

As I said already, if you actually get anywhere near a shaman its only because he fucked up, whatever you can do is irrelivent, the fight entirely depends on him fucking up.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Being a solo doesnt matter what class you are , all it means is that you respect other peoples fair faights and dont gank someone after a close fight with someone else ;) ... imo anyway ...

As for myself , i solo when it suits me which is 95% of the time as im trying to get last 800 solo kills for Lone Enforcer before i ding rr9 :D

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
And its still instantly recastable back on you, 30 seconds or not. There is NO immunity timer and you wont get close enough to use any styles, snare or not, if he knows what he is doing.

He doesn't actually NEED any other form of CC, disease is better then CC against tanks.

As I said already, if you actually get anywhere near a shaman its only because he fucked up, whatever you can do is irrelivent, the fight entirely depends on him fucking up.

Get charge! O w8 you rolled an arms :(

Then live with it, game never whas about balance 1vs1. See the section about sorcs and DI bots.

Lethul

FH is my second home
for once i agree with kagato (except on friar being a über solo class). shaman shouldnt loose to any class that doenst have charge, and he should be able to survive a charge aswell imho!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
wouldnt a shammy loose to a convoker nat druid or a moc caster?

Heavy tanks should be highly "kite-able" imo.... makes up for the easy mode factor (3000 hits, magic immune thingy, warghey, block/parry, AF)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
for once i agree with kagato (except on friar being a über solo class). shaman shouldnt loose to any class that doenst have charge, and he should be able to survive a charge aswell imho!

assassin should really kill a shaman, there are plenty of options to keep them snared and stunned. it usually ends up with a mocshear and totally naked assassin but dead shaman.

garrotespam / disease poison / snare poison should work

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Some people seem to be under the mistaken impression im complaining, im not, its fairs fairs. The shaman can't kill me, I can't catch him, it usually ends up with us both walking away pissed off.

All im saying is that if the shaman is playing with even half a brain, a tank will never, ever catch him, simple as that. Its impossible. The one and only time you will catch him is if HE fucks up, not because anything you do. All you can do is either take the risk, spend half an hour chasing and *hope* he gets lazy or clumsy.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
i've recently come back to excal from a pretty hefty break an from what i've seen so far....it's crap lol.i just find solo too frustrating cos it seems like mission impossible to get a 1-1 so i tend to just grp if i can now. i was never a pure soloer but i used to try quite a lot to no avail most of the time but i just loose patience with it now....run out,die,/rel,rebuff gets boring imo. maybe i just aint had much luck..i dunno

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Cemeterygates said:
i've recently come back to excal from a pretty hefty break an from what i've seen so far....it's crap lol.i just find solo too frustrating cos it seems like mission impossible to get a 1-1 so i tend to just grp if i can now. i was never a pure soloer but i used to try quite a lot to no avail most of the time but i just loose patience with it now....run out,die,/rel,rebuff gets boring imo. maybe i just aint had much luck..i dunno

i found out already that people don`t like comparisons with RL in this game...

anyway, i`ll try again.

i think you can compare the solo/stealher game with 2nd world war `raiders` (bismark, scharnhorst, graf spee) and submarines (Uxxx).

in the start of the war they ruled supreme.

midwar (`43) the german raiders and submarines became obsolete.

in `44 the germans entered the atlantic again with a new strategy ..

the wolfpack, and domitated the atlantic again for some time.

i think in daoc, we are in the era where true soloing is a thing that only exist at the mercy of oponents and it`s time for stealhers to group up to stay competitive.

forget you foolish pride,

forget about solo kill titles,

if you want to have an impact on the game and not once in a while score a lucky kill, you need to group.

illu

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

i think you can compare the solo/stealher game with 2nd world war `raiders` (bismark, scharnhorst, graf spee) and submarines (Uxxx).

i think in daoc, we are in the era where true soloing is a thing that only exist at the mercy of oponents and it`s time for stealhers to group up to stay competitive.

if you want to have an impact on the game and not once in a while score a lucky kill, you need to group.

From a stealther's point of view, grouping is:

a) for low RRs
b) for zergers
c) for people that want easymode and don't want to fully explore their toons abilities until they are born-again-soloers at RR9
d) fun sometimes to combat other stealth groups
e) killing and frustrating to most visible soloers
f) a good way to pass the time chatting, waiting for a target that you might actually be able to kill

People play how they want to play. I would like Mythic to make assassins be able to climb walls to all towers and keeps like in the old days so that we can chop down casters on the walls. Now that would be fun. And get rid of Stealther Guards. The assassin vs assassin fights on the walls used to be great!

Oli - Illu

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

Anyone told you what a fucking moron you are?

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah well i have taken a break for a while now... will see if i come back and when that will be etc...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I read his post and I read yours and tbh u sound like the moron. He is trying to make a point relevent to the post. You are random shit slinging (and its not even good shit slinging)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
soloing at crau E bridge was funny yesterday during the day. ofc fg's from all 3 realms passed the area but not often enough to make the area unusable.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

That comparison was shit with little to zero information on why the german U-Boote had some trouble mid WW2 out ouf a sudden (hint: cryptographics) and you ended it with asking for stealther zergs trying to build up some connection.

There is none. It is a game and I do chose how I play when I am online. Not you, not GoA.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
censi said:
I read his post and I read yours and tbh u sound like the moron. He is trying to make a point relevent to the post. You are random shit slinging (and its not even good shit slinging)

He is trying to make a point? What point please? What the fuck does the WW2 has to do with a fantasy MMORPG?

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

oki, u got 2 choices here rly...

a) u stop the roleplay act (ie bringing a rl war into the talk) and realise its just a game and ppl cba hearing about war here and war there and just wanna have fun... or u,
b) stay with the roleplay act and realise that (bringing in RL aswell now) RL assassins from older times worked alone or in very small circles, ie 1-3 ppl top, there4 there is no point in saying that they should grp up to compete, when infact the class was very much designed close to RL and there4 we should respect it as a solo or duo class...

ohh and im prety sure most solo ppl isnt jumping up and down whenever their kill counter clicks but idd take pride in lone enforcer etc cos it shows U have done a good job.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

Imo it's really time u start worry about your health -.-
Comparing shit game to a war? Leaving an impact in a game? Wtf dude.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Im always solo, just a Coincidence other albs are about.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

anyway, i`ll try again.

My dear dear, lovely Muy, you can understand why people might want to solo don't you? Have a think on it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Anyone told you what a fucking moron you are?

Now now. dont be nasty. Look back at the posts Muy was making 4 months ago. We've come a long way together.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I solo still :p And i've done that since i was a baby before clustre :)

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:

just saying this ROFL and if i remember it right ive never seen u solo just once for fun

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:

say more bullshit so ppl can laugh more at u...
btw u look really pretty at this picture :D

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
I always used to love soloing on my merc, however it needs lots of cash about 15 plat for repairing artis alone, then getting it cl weapong / cl5 etc

and thats a lot of time and effort to put into something that would only be an alt to play when I want to solo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom