Solo RVR Sorceror vids

P

pitspawn

wow, that guy is good. /respect

One thing you notice throughout the vids is just how much shit is given to all classes to insta interrupt casters at range. Thats what makes it even more remarkable is that he pulls through all that with various techniques.

A

acei

I like it, normally i go for strong pets, gonna try the healing pet tactic's he's demonstrated. I used to use healer pets in PvE, but i rarely do in RvR... usually because they insist on AF buffing too :(

I

iluvatur

Hmmm, nice use of debuffs, and good pet choice, but wasn't greatly played. the 9 sec stun on the basilisk etc make the most difference. Nice enough vids anyways.

i dont like the way he mezzes single targets straight away ... much more effective to nuke straight from start leaving you with 2 forms of CC to rely on to combat purge/IP.

B

Brynn

i just use WMV - have the latest update and it works cool

L

Loth

the 9 sec stun on the basilisk etc make the most difference

Yeah definitely, I like the way he's maximising his options here with 3 forms of CC.

I loved the bit where he staffed one of them down with his Empyrean healing him :D

B

Brynn

empyryan is a pretty ubah healer, nice b00fs too if they aint of a bot

A

acei

Originally posted by Brynn
he doesnt even use QC :eek7:
He does when he roots, but he gets a hell of a lot of resists o_O

i dont like the way he mezzes single targets straight away ... much more effective to nuke straight from start leaving you with 2 forms of CC to rely on to combat purge/IP.
Assess the situation, get off all 4 debuffs while they're still mezzed, see if any stealthers pop up etc :)

I

iluvatur

nice how he has his different timered debuffs next to each other on a diff qbar.

M

mib666

Damm he's good, now why can't I play as good as that?

/em Gives up drugs

/em Gives up Drink

/em Gives up GF

/em Owns ;)

/em Has no life :(

I

iluvatur

sorcs are a f00king ownage class if you can play them right. I prefered 46 body 28 mind .. but the 36 mind rest body spec is still viable .. but ONLY with a decent pet, and you gotta know those pets well, cos your tactics change with each pet.. ie when to send pets in etc. This is most important cos of the pets 'special effect' ie some are deadly fast and cant be kited, or some proc DOTs in which you cant mezz in the duration and some proc stuns ( the best imo) or snares. I would've stayed with this class if you could resummon your last pet, but you can't .. :(

I woulda picked an enhorning ... not because they were best pet... cos they looked like teh magical ponehs that they are :(

L

Loth

Yeah I agree, must dust mine off for some proper RvR one of these days.

I took him out the other night (wearing his Epic gear and unbuffed) and got heat-debuffed and one-shotted by a Chanter ..... LOL

I went hurriedly back to my Minstrel :D

S

Sneo

hahaha i love this movie...

remember some old post where a sorc whined about healer instas and healer said well you have a DD, healers can't deal damage. so the sorc goes on telling the dd is crap (which i dunno maybe it is ;) ) and no plus at all to him... hehe this sorc kills 3 mids solo, no damagedealer? :D

really lovely movies :clap:

A

acei

Originally posted by Sneo
remember some old post where a sorc whined about healer instas and healer said well you have a DD, healers can't deal damage. so the sorc goes on telling the dd is crap (which i dunno maybe it is ;) ) and no plus at all to him... hehe this sorc kills 3 mids solo, no damagedealer? :D
Damage = poor unless high body spec.

It's when we have uber-pets when sorc's become awesome :)

But do you notice... none of the ones he killed was a savage? ;)

Z

Zoldot

Ok movies,
bad that he spd the movies up imo, U cant really see what hes doing.
like within a milli sec the target is rooted or something, and pretty strange he wins vs 3 ppls, He must meet low RR epic armor and no resist at all, and they still dumb one of them doesnt even run straight towards him.
Can't really say hes uber or something.
btw I didnt thought sorceress could have spd and pet at same time?
he did.
Still he meet low RR ppl with nothing capped and most of them probably unbuffed^^
and he is buffed.
he 3 shots some ppl, Yeah right!
Bad we cant see how fast hes shooting when he have spd up the movie.
But comeone 3 shot from an sorc.
must have been crits those times.
He probably been filming for weeks and pick the ones he owned and those ones who were noobs with nothing capped etc.
pretty funny how he wins over the zerk in second movie.
The zerk gets ooe and doesnt use endurance potion^^
I'm not saying hes bad or something but he made the movie so he would look uber.
The day I see an sorc kill 3 ppls, btw what classes were those? 3 tanks?
they didnt have det? strange, no det, no mezz,no instas, what classes could it have been?
I tell ya! it were noobs with spindelhalla armor and wpn.
If it was warrior/zerk/savage then det.
if thane then insta. if skald then mezz and insta.
However ok movies but nothing special imo.
sux that he spd them up

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Zoldot
Ok movies,
bad that he spd the movies up imo, U cant really see what hes doing.
like within a milli sec the target is rooted or something, and pretty strange he wins vs 3 ppls, He must meet low RR epic armor and no resist at all, and they still dumb one of them doesnt even run straight towards him.
Can't really say hes uber or something.
btw I didnt thought sorceress could have spd and pet at same time?
he did.
Still he meet low RR ppl with nothing capped and most of them probably unbuffed^^
and he is buffed.
he 3 shots some ppl, Yeah right!
Bad we cant see how fast hes shooting when he have spd up the movie.
But comeone 3 shot from an sorc.
must have been crits those times.
He probably been filming for weeks and pick the ones he owned and those ones who were noobs with nothing capped etc.
pretty funny how he wins over the zerk in second movie.
The zerk gets ooe and doesnt use endurance potion^^
I'm not saying hes bad or something but he made the movie so he would look uber.
The day I see an sorc kill 3 ppls, btw what classes were those? 3 tanks?
they didnt have det? strange, no det, no mezz,no instas, what classes could it have been?
I tell ya! it were noobs with spindelhalla armor and wpn.
If it was warrior/zerk/savage then det.
if thane then insta. if skald then mezz and insta.
However ok movies but nothing special imo.
sux that he spd them up
huh?

P

pitspawn

"btw I didnt thought sorceress could have spd and pet at same time?
he did."

Your thinking of minstrels, sorcs can run speed and have a pet at the same time.

"He probably been filming for weeks and pick the ones he owned and those ones who were noobs with nothing capped etc."

Maybe, maybe not. Although you cant say the movie wasnt great, nice choice of music too imo.

"The day I see an sorc kill 3 ppls, btw what classes were those? 3 tanks?
they didnt have det? strange, no det, no mezz,no instas, what classes could it have been?"

If the game was balanced you wouldnt be so suprised that he could beat 3 people in the right situation. However it is not. We are playing Dark ages of Tankalot which makes this movie even more impressive.

Best daoc flick ive seen so far.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by acei
But do you notice... none of the ones he killed was a savage? ;)
Movie #3 @ 05:19 is where the RR5 Norse 2h hammer savage die.

/dismiss

Z

zero-

hes buffed to tits, uses moc vs the somewhat smarter enemies, nothing special imo

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by zero-
hes buffed to tits
eh, no?

movie #1 - yellow specs and rarely any baselines
movie #2 - just about only self buffs.
movei #3 - yellow specs, no baselines

not a single acuity buff at any time in any of the movies from what I could tell.

I wouldn't call that buffed to 'tits'.

Z

zero-

still all the time yell0 strcon & dexqui - enemies dont have any buffs from the looks of his dd damage

its nicely played etc, but i think any player with somewhat skills could do it

W

Whisperess

You don't have to do vids to show überness though :)

It is allowed ( I hope? ) to make vids showing you having a good time :)

K

Kirnan

Downloaded the first two. Very nice just a pity they run so fast and you cant see the chat window.

Is he using an Emperian Elder in the third video because they buff you with spec str/con dex/quick?

L

Loth

The buffs he had came from his pets.

He also had quite a few pots on him and I believe he's RR8 or so.
I think his spec is 40Body 36Mind, so with +18 (?) to Body, his nukes probably do decent enough damage.

Oh and he met some dumb people and killed them . . . looks like great fun to me ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Loth

Since when did chickens give buffs? ;)

He also had quite a few pots on him and I believe he's RR8 or so.
I think his spec is 40Body 36Mind, so with +18 (?) to Body, his nukes probably do decent enough damage.
Oh and he met some dumb people and killed them . . . looks like great fun to me ;)

He has /webdisplay nopoints set, so can't tell what RR exactly, but he's higher than almost everyone he meets.

In the first 2 videos he meets a grand total of 1 person who is above RR5... and dies to him.. Almost everyone he killed was RR2-3, with a few blue and greencons in there.

Most of it was plain mezz the blind person, debuff and nuke, though waiting for the champions to break their own snare in melee before sprinting away is nice (still RR2 and 3).

The third was mostly just funny to watch stupid people being killed in melee while the Empyran heals :p

C

Caelath

I don't read that much French, but in at least one of the vids he includes someone in the credits for providing buffs (1st vid I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom