So whos rolling Origins?

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
Is there going to be one server to help the population or will it be an EU / US split and we'll have about 6 people at a push on the EU server after a week and all re-rolling US?

TBH, I believe Origins will be overpopulated if they leave the WAR endgame as it is.

It's plain ****.

DAoC > WAR. It's sad.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is there going to be one server to help the population or will it be an EU / US split and we'll have about 6 people at a push on the EU server after a week and all re-rolling US?

You would think one EU and one US because it's 2 seperate companies

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll be rolling a char on Origins if it's ever released.

Does anyone have any news on it? Anyone able to contact Mythic to ask about it?

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
You would think one EU and one US because it's 2 seperate companies

Nah GoA is only here for the FREE ride on the cash train. They will never take the incentive to put up an Origins server on EU, never.

Put your hopes to Marc Jacobs waking up from his druginduced coma and actually fulfilling his companies promise to its customers.

Quite unlikely though :)

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know if this has been here, but theres a poll about origins on camelotherald:

The Camelot Herald

I will roll on Origins for sure if it ever gets out. At least until they carve Warhammer up to what it was meant to be. A massive RvR game, not a cheap copy of WoW bg's..

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont know if this has been here, but theres a poll about origins on camelotherald:

The Camelot Herald

I will roll on Origins for sure if it ever gets out. At least until they carve Warhammer up to what it was meant to be. A massive RvR game, not a cheap copy of WoW bg's..

Hmm, think that is the original poll they held early this year?

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Marc Jacobs

any1 got a photo of him ? I wanna make sure i recognise him if i ever see him... so that i can really rofl pointing at him.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Marc Jacobs

any1 got a photo of him ? I wanna make sure i recognise him if i ever see him... so that i can really rofl pointing at him.

Well look at it like this, I doubt he is catching much sleep now when WAR is going so-so and WOW expansion is out next week ;)

The WoW kidz will jump the ship so fast, people won't know what happend.

And hopefully the game dies quickly after that so focus can be turned back on daoc :cheers:

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
we can only wish...

would love a daoc 2 ... with 1 as basis...and a blend of Mount and Blade stuff.

Blythete

Fledgling Freddie
i will be back for origins :) look forward to it any1 no a website i can read up on it please??

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Well after 2 months Warhammer, i have to say. DAOC > WAR
I really dont c me playing WAR for 7 years like i did with DAOC, every time i logged in @ daoc it was fun, now im already like mehhhh yay serpent again...
Yay they took a keep, who cares.

Combat is to WoW like, no interrupts really lame, Ah well ill keep playing WAR for a while but it wont be 7 years like DAOC sadly :(:(:(

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
By the way, theres a banner on the login screen of daoc stating "Origins - Old frontiers, coming soon!"

robbe

Loyal Freddie
What is this origins? Will i have to pve a char to 50 and make all toa crap etc just to play old frontiers? .. not that i dont like real emain macha :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
What is this origins? Will i have to pve a char to 50 and make all toa crap etc just to play old frontiers? .. not that i dont like real emain macha :)
There's no ToA, not even SI. Just plain old DAOC with Old Frontiers. They've only kept the better graphics, and I think they might've made a few changes with balancing styles and RAs and all that. And that's it.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Looks good to me, nice minimalist keeps, lots of open spaces. Not to much fucking around...hopefully. Just a simple world and players make what they will off if, like a proper MMORPG, non of this insta-shit and shoehorning players around into gay scenarios and PQs and other shorterm crap they enjoy for 5s but don't know what's good for them!

Afran

Part of the furniture
Am I the only one that would prefer the older graphics? ^^

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I liked and still like some of the older graphics, although the new graphics are needed now, some of the old graphics were so bad.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Just wondering,

When the Origins comes out do we need to just install the original 2 disks or can we use our current upto date DAoC?

I never played on the US so dunno how it works.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Am I the only one that would prefer the older graphics? ^^

No I always played daoc with old graphics, just cus I think it looks better then what we got in catacombs etc wich doesn't even feel daoc'ish. Imo daocs shaderless pixelbased ( cartoonish ) graphics is timeless, will never look outdated once you force aa and af to it.

I'm playing shards on a 28" 1920 monitor on old gfx and it is <3

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wondering,

When the Origins comes out do we need to just install the original 2 disks or can we use our current upto date DAoC?

I never played on the US so dunno how it works.

It will be server based so all clients should work. And if there are new zones you will get them via patches, same with new items and item skins.

But I think they killed all old clientsupport under TOA anyway. So minimum will be a ToA installation I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom