So, who has the latest & greatest machine of them all?

P

PR.

ROFL

lo Stu Granger from a.g.hl nice to see the ego is still as inflamed as it was years ago :eek:

and 30 ping? that aint very good

Specs:

P4 1.9ghz (+ Zalman flower cooler, nice and quiet)
512Mb RDRAM
20Gb Seagate Cheetah SCSI 15k rpm
20Gb Seagate Barricuda ATA100 (x2) 7200rpm
Creative GF4 Ti4600
Creative Audigy -- connected to Technics 5.1 hifi
16x CDRW
16x DVD
Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
19" Sony Trinitron E400

Next upgrade...

21" Sony CRT G520
Adaptec ATA-RAID-1200A
2x Seagate 80Gb IDE

I'm not even as bad as Xav and Stu.... honest :)

E

Embattle

I have two powerful computers and I paid for them unlike that shit Xavier :p

O

old.Spooge

jesus some people have far too much money :)

Please dont be jealous of my super duper monster system:

Pentium 3 450
128mb RAM
12gb HD (ugh)
Voodoo 3 2000 PCI 16mb (it is shite)
Creative Soundblaster 128 :)()
DVD
CDRW (the slowest CDRW in the world)
19inch Monitor (cheapest monitor in the world)
56k Super fast modem on super fast btopenworld anytime.

I get a least 15 fps on CS, sometimes 20 fps :D And please dont be jealous but i can get a ping of 170 on CS (when im the only person in the server at 3am on a monday night)

Oh dear. Roll on the summer when i get me new system and a spanky new JANET connection at uni.

K

Kempo

hehe ok bodhi point taken :)

just a few more things i wanna know if u dont mind :)

resnet, how fast is it , and where abouts is it available?

ehm thats all i can think of :p

oh yeh what course you doing?

O

old.Jas

My machine is getting a bit old now, but its nice and reliable - which is what I need.

Black Dell Precision 330
P4 1.5Ghz
768Mb PC800
120Gb of various HDs
GeForce 2 GTS
Rage summit
2x 19" Black Sony Trinitrons
Shite onboard soundcard
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
Logitech Webcam

And... the three most important bits... MS Natural KB, Intellimouse and Ratpad.

W

WPKenny

FFS guys. I thought we were meant to be taking the piss out of the guy who obviously has far too many insecurities.

Well just to show you how secure I am....

Athlon 1 gig @ 1.4
256mb pc133
GF2 mx400 64mb ram
Intellimouse Optical thingy
Global win 802 case with 2 extra fans
SB Live!
4X4X24X8 DVD/cd-rw drive

blah blah blah..

O

old.Kez

I have a really shit computer, and I love it like the son I never had.

Stu is still the plight of the egotistical world, then; help me, I'm suffocating amongst brain matter.

edit: I r teh grammah queen!!!11

E

Embattle

All that shit and he doesn't even have the common sense not to run WIN98 :rolleyes:

P

PR.

*re-reads*

NO WAY it must be a mistake on Stu's part!

LOL

Not only do you have a stinky VIA mobo you aid its instability with the pathetic OS that was Win98

O

old.TUG

Celeron 733@1.1 gig and numerous other not so fast nor 'impressive' shit.

I've given up being a geek. Why would anyone spend stupid amounts of money on a PC with more power than they'll ever need anytime soon, yet still upgrade it all the time anyway? Beats me. Go buy some beer innit.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Having a pissing contest about hardware is very similar, to give an oft quoted example, as winning the special olympics...

O

old.Stuart_Granger

hehe. You lot ought to get out more instead of sitting in forums all day. Buy a cybercafe, I did :)

W

WPKenny

I win!

Who can be the most annoying fuck? Any guesses......?

P

PR.

I don't feel annoyed at him I merely feel pity

I thought I had no life... and I don't but he's even worse :)

M

mr_greedy

Wow St Andrews people, howdy!
I'm in John Burnet Hall btw - gotta be catered halls IMO.
Resnet is in all halls plus the self-catering complexes at Fife Park and Albany Park (those residences themselves, however are shit, avoid like the plague).

O

old.Stuart_Granger

hehe. How about this,

Is it true that anyone who publically announces information concerning their sexual activeness is not getting any? Also, is it true that anyone who announces they have a larger than average penis is most probably gay. And especially announcing it in a 'gaming' forum of which is frequented by males. There is something odd with a lot of the populous of Barrysworld.

I got a bigger wallet than all you forkers put together ... now that's MY ego talking.

I rest my case :p

K

Kempo

gee! well done :)

hullo mr greedy! :) what speed is resnet??!? :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Stuart_Granger
hehe. How about this,

Is it true that anyone who publically announces information concerning their sexual activeness is not getting any? Also, is it true that anyone who announces they have a larger than average penis is most probably gay. And especially announcing it in a 'gaming' forum of which is frequented by males. There is something odd with a lot of the populous of Barrysworld.

I got a bigger wallet than all you forkers put together ... now that's MY ego talking.

I rest my case :p

Does anyone care...?

S

Scooba Da Bass

PS, my pooter's better than yours and cost me nothing, YAY!

M

mr.Blacky

lol but how the hell do you know what the rest here does for work? Second I agree with scooba

B

bodhi

RESNet is very tempremental this year. It's either fast as fuck or goes into a huff and takes years to download email. Just avoid using it around 6pm when everyone goes home for the day and its normally fine.

M

mr_greedy

Yeah - as I write (5.59) it's being a bitch (altho no worse than a modem, natch). Should be more reliable next year, they've been doing a lot of work on increasing capacity this year. When it's good, it's very good - best I've clocked is 179kbps on a transatlantic download.
Besides, for £50 a year it's a steal.

K

Kempo

hehe excellent i cant wait :D c u after summer :D:D:D:D :p

/edit oh one last thing, (unless i think of anything else :p ) what pigns do you get?

B

bodhi

15ms average :) Have pinged as low as 9 on this conn in the past. Max transfer speed about 600K a sec from BW FTP, 980K a sec from local ftp, 450K a sec on Kazaa.

C

caLLous

You don't want that computer from Xavier... he got a tad excited and "christened" it.

Users who are viewing this thread