So, who has the latest & greatest machine of them all?

O

old.Stuart_Granger

I wanna know what you've all got, so I can upgrade & beat you :)

I am currently running:

AMD XP 2000+, 512MB PC2100 DDR, ABIT KR7A RAID, 2X120GB ATA133 IDE Drives on RAID0 (as one big 240GB drive, you can't scandisk this bugger in Win98 :( ), 40x12x40x CDRW, Pioneer 16x40x slot DVD, Coolermaster Extreme-XS Case, Creative Labs 64-bit sound, D-Link 10/100Mbps NOC, Leadtek 128MB GeForce3 Ti200 GC, 19" Iiyama CRT with Sony Trinitron FST screen.

^ This bugger be smoove as a peach, loads up in under 25 seconds & the 256kbps/2Mbps ADSL connection makes pings at under 30 when playing DoD, TFC, etc.

This is not meh only machine, I got quite a number. I've got one which is a Dual P3, I've got an old AMD K62 450 and a K6 300, a AMD K7 1400 (has a nice new Geforce4 card in it and 1GB DDR memory) ... and that's just at meh home .. all networked up and ready for schtuff that I do with PCs ... anyone got any suggestions what I can do with all these machines (besides nothing or selling them, or setting up lan games) ;)

Speak to you soon.

With thanks

Stu Granger

W

WPKenny

Just trying to make him even more insecure than he already blatently is. 12 foot would be horrendous in RL though. You'd skewer women, not screw them. Ouch!

C

caLLous

Originally posted by Stuart_Granger
anyone got any suggestions what I can do with all these machines (besides nothing or selling them, or setting up lan games)
FS! Get them out of the room to make space for your ever-expanding ego!!!!11`

T

throdgrain

I suggest you donate all your computers to aid a Madagascan lemur foundation. :D

T

throdgrain

Failing that, get a gf4? Then you'd have much the same spec pc as me ;)

T

Trem

I am 99% gay.................................ooops wrong forum:p

X

Xavier

I doubt you can beat this spec unless you try very hard:

Intel Pentium 4 2.2Ghz @ 2926Mhz
1Gb PC1066 RAMBUS
Gainward Ti4600 750 Golden Sample (128Mb) - memory running at 750Mhz DDR
ABit TH7-II RAID
4x IBM 120Gb 120GXP's in RAID 0+1 (giving 240Gb with better than ata133 performance and much improved redundancy)
Plextor 40x CDRW
Teac 40x CDROM
Pioneer DVD-ROM (slot loader)
Yeon Yang 'Borg Cube'
Dual Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 22" crt's (running nView on the Ti4600)
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX
A Pair of 3COM 3C905TX NIC's
Enermax 550W PSU

that's one of five pc's at home, the slowest of which is an XP1700...

now we've stopped compating our *ahem* egoes why don't you ask us a nice sensible question, maybe asking for advice as to what you can upgrade first rather than how much money you could waste?

O

old.Stuart_Granger

:) I am also greatly loaded, charity requests will be accepted under certain circumstances.

W

WPKenny

How about you give me your computers and I promise I won't hit you with my 12 foot knob?

It's a steal.

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Interesting proposition, I got a nice 486 here, you can have ... I'll even pay the postage :p

K

Kempo

/me is going to uni and mum and dad arent letting me take this pc, so i will have a janet connection in my room with no pc to use it with i will have to stop playing q2 so the clan i have spent the last year building up will probably die, and i wont be able to visit these dear forums as often as i would like, thats my charity request, plz help me :(

/edit

even if they were letting me take this machine, its only a p3 800 with 128 ram, gf2mx 30bg hd its pants :/ plz plz plz some of you ppl with 5 pcs sitting not doing anything, be kind to me :(

S

S-Gray

mm

Pentium 3 800MHz
Yamaha 8/4/24 CD Writer
32* CD Rom
Soundblaster Live 1024
Kingston 11111111111111111111111111111111111 Network
Asus GeForce 2 V7100
Asus TUA266 Motherboard
512 ADSL

And im phucked if i can beat your specs' guys :( grr feckers :(

T

Testin da Cable

lol Xav, I be having one of them cubes myself up till last week. traded it off for an olde skool 'dragon' miditower on a whim :)

T

throdgrain

But the mad thing gray, is that for someone like yourself who just about only plays cs, the difference between my system and yours is fuck all :)
And I have most of the stuff these folks have now.
BUT ... Op flash and RtCW look absolutley superb :)

B

bodhi

Toshiba Emotion Engine @ 300Mhz
Graphics Synthesizer @ 150Mhz
4x/32x Sony DVD-ROM drive
32" Sony 100Hz Trinitron FD Wega Screen
Marantz KI-Signature Amplifier
Mission 733i floorstander speakers.

And the final component which proves superiority over the rigs already mentioned........

1x Social Life.

K

Kempo

lol bodhi, btw i'm going to st andrews, which halls are you in so i can avoid them? :)

X

Xavier

heh

well if getting taken out once every year by 'sympathetic volunteers' while dosed up on sedatives so you can't hurt the general public entitles you to '1x Social Life' that means I've got on average 3 nights per week for a year... that's

156x Social life :D

nice ;)

X

Xavier

heh, what's more amusing, bodhi's decline in quality of replies, or the fact that he's posting his playstation specs in a PC Hardware forum?

(after all, that's all he has - which is why he was able to post in the first place, we all knew that PS2's had a web browser and network connectivity, right? ;))

K

Kempo

xavier fancy selling me one of your numerous pc's for cheap? :)

X

Xavier

soz dude they're all in use

hmm, who's the girl in your avatar?

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Kemposaur
lol bodhi, btw i'm going to st andrews, which halls are you in so i can avoid them? :)

New Hall :)

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Xavier
heh, what's more amusing, bodhi's decline in quality of replies, or the fact that he's posting his playstation specs in a PC Hardware forum?

(after all, that's all he has - which is why he was able to post in the first place, we all knew that PS2's had a web browser and network connectivity, right? ;))

I think someone missed the joke completely. I'm not shocked. Honestly.

K

Kempo

dammit xavier :p

thats the ones i wanna go to :) what are the meals like? if they not too great i might go self catering, not sure about it :)

/edit

its Fernanda Martinelli :) shes yummeh :)

B

bodhi

GO SELF CATERING! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

(They taste like rancid fanny jam).

Users who are viewing this thread