So, I Tired A Run With Ranger...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kami said:
Why does everyone assume that to play a stealther you have to hang about bridges or keeps? Albs, mids and hibs XP in thier frontiers and will do so more after clustering. Go tickle a few healers/druids as thier group pulls, the panic alone is worth giving up any RPs for even if they don't die :)

Of course this is pointless if your a RP whore :twak:

I prefer action over wanking over some low-RR badly-equiped buffbots who are XP'ing in the frontier (doubtful if that happens much).

I prefer also some equal fights, not me versus a level 48 runemaster who's trying to get some XP in the frontier near Svasud etc etc.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
dear thread starter. if you read your post carefully you'll see that only albs have been mentioned. that shows a false picture.
e.g. yesterday i was soloing with my pally, and first fight i got was rr9 hunter, rr7 hunter, rr7 sb, rr4 sb jumping on me. i know im powerful and pwn every1 but PLeeeeeeeeease, ive been soloing since rr4, dont tell me you're still afraid at rr9.. ffs. :m00:

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Why does everyone assume that to play a stealther you have to hang about bridges or keeps? Albs, mids and hibs XP in thier frontiers and will do so more after clustering. Go tickle a few healers/druids as thier group pulls, the panic alone is worth giving up any RPs for even if they don't die :)

Of course this is pointless if your a RP whore :twak:

Gets boring fast....

Most fun is 1v1, it's a way to try your strength vs another player.
Sometimes the fights will be diffrent of course since ra's can be down or luck etc but this is the part that makes it more fun then dueling.

Of course I can understand that everyone doesn't like 1v1 fights, maby a crapy sc or low rr.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
ah, Minikene, I saw u were /wave -ing while I was going with 4 peeps zerg -)

btw, imo we should select a zone, where peeps would only soloing. It's only depends on the community if there will be more soloing or not imo.

gohan

FH is my second home
Bondoila said:
IRvR rocks, both as group and as stealther.
bet ur a zergling then? do u leave to tower /bridge depending on realm? iRvR sucks if u want to solo on a stealth unless ofc u LOOOOOOOOOVE adding on everything in sight then i spose its heaven

gohan

FH is my second home
Righthandof said:
dear thread starter. if you read your post carefully you'll see that only albs have been mentioned. that shows a false picture.
e.g. yesterday i was soloing with my pally, and first fight i got was rr9 hunter, rr7 hunter, rr7 sb, rr4 sb jumping on me. i know im powerful and pwn every1 but PLeeeeeeeeease, ive been soloing since rr4, dont tell me you're still afraid at rr9.. ffs. :m00:

er... lol u didnt read it THAT care fully as he is a RR7 suportclass but was on his RR5? maybe 6 ranger.... who imo should come out of retirement cos hes small an cute

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Bondoila said:
Gets boring fast....

Most fun is 1v1, it's a way to try your strength vs another player.
Sometimes the fights will be diffrent of course since ra's can be down or luck etc but this is the part that makes it more fun then dueling.

Of course I can understand that everyone doesn't like 1v1 fights, maby a crapy sc or low rr.

I just don't feel the need to stroke an e-penis, that's all. 8v8 fights I can understand but stealther v stealther will always be pants for those at low RR so I don't bother :p

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
bet ur a zergling then? do u leave to tower /bridge depending on realm? iRvR sucks if u want to solo on a stealth unless ofc u LOOOOOOOOOVE adding on everything in sight then i spose its heaven

same for u and ur 120dmg on rf friar <o/

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
er... lol u didnt read it THAT care fully as he is a RR7 suportclass but was on his RR5? maybe 6 ranger.... who imo should come out of retirement cos hes small an cute

who said that stealther band was lead by thread starter? i just said he says: fking albs, they ruin the game! - but on other hand, hibs and mids do just the same.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:

Works as stealther, only need to find a good spot (thats not towers and bridges). It's also nice to be able to be back asp. But I agree that it's best for the fg rvr.
But since I like both playing in group and solo as stealther, I definitely like the iRvR.

Gamah

Banned
Yes its amazing for group rvr..lets see

Find a group to fight r0x!
Get added on by 5 solo'rs
die
release
rebuff
find a group to fight r0x
get added on by 1+ fg's
die
release
rebuff
camp bridge because you can farm the zerg
rising force come up with alb zerg and use everything to kill you with 5 monsters running around.
die
release
rebuff
go to eras to find some mid fg's
aldorans "group" add on you with about 6bd's
die
release...

Yes its uber!

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Don't be that pessimistic Gamah :p

Not fun to run on empty spots either, better to have some action. And there is always less crowded places.

But of course the iRvR has it's drawback as almost everything has it's just that it has more advantages then disadvantages. (In my opinion atleast)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
getting zerged >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

running around in a deserted frontier to find some poor soul killin an assassin... or not even that, iRvsR rox boating boredom so fuckin much its unbelievable (not that we could port yday, but it was 1 zone where ppl went,,, and seriously with 600-800 ppl on at primetime you dont have much choice)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ethild said:
I retired my ranger about 6 months ago. Mainly because of players like Blitz/Scouse/Aim/Tip etc (the old zerg crew) adding on everything in sight making it impossible to run in groups of less that 10. Each to their own I guess, but thats not my style.

6 months later, I thought I'd bring out lil Minikene and see if anything has changed.

1st run: Jump Belxavier, get zerged by ~2fg albs.
2nd run: Get uncovered by Jiq in front of ~2fg albs.
3rd run: Get uncovered by Jiq again, in front of 1fg albs.
4th run: Get an actual 1v1, but I lagged lots and couldn't fight back. (Not the albs fault ofc).
5th run: Get a 1v1! Well kinda, get some alb to 4%, who then starts strafing till his cleric can arrive, and then I get zerged again.
6th run: Zerged.

Logged. Minikene is off back to his box of rest.

This is supposed to be fun?

Do people actually enjoy playing the game to hit random players every hour for 10 rps? I don't get it. Surely playing Minesweeper would be a more productive use of time. I play DAoC because I enjoy RvR. I enjoy pitting my wits against other players in a reasonably fair encounter. I don't enjoy hitting random players for no real gain, because it ruins their game, and I get nothing.

Am I the only one that thinks like this? Am I in a dying breed? :(
Lotta anger being vented in this thread, less beer all around methinks.

Firstly, ive seen your group and you personally gank soloers many many times (watching from stealth) so i dont think you can throw stones on that one. Very few people NEVER do it.

Yes youre right though, pretty much everyone adds these days, last decent 1-1s i had was with with hilding and jarumundo around oriens late this evening. Although tbh if youre hunting in an iRvR zone solo fights aint going to be common.

IMO - find a good duo partner who complements your spec/class well - example - 1 melee spec ranger with high mos and high stealth, 1 bow ranger with lower stealth and IP/FA and very little MoS to act as decoy/PA target monkey.

I dont like it, but to a certain degree i can understand why soloers add on fg-fg fights 'cause their tired of being ganked by them. Unless a soloer has a rep for adding on everything or tower DI botting etc now i generally shout leave them. And if you add on our fights you get a heavy nuker retasked onto you so either way it works for me.

Oh im sure you know it already if youre been playing a ranger for a long time, but a tip about hunting as an archer solo - its 95% timing/location/patience 5% killing if you dont want to die a lot as one - personally thats why i still love taking my pre-si gimp out of his box occasionally and playing sniper at the docks.

The alternative is to play it like most of the newer archer players do - get cross guard with about 3-4 others and critshot/spam rapid fire until it dies if its in range - personally doesnt get my rocks off, but i dont pay their subs.

Long post for 3am after a 12 hour working day almost.NN folks.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Firstly, ive seen your group and you personally gank soloers many many times (watching from stealth) so i dont think you can throw stones on that one. Very few people NEVER do it.

Don't get me wrong, as I said in the original post, its "each to their own", so I'm not throwing stones per say. I just don't see how it can be remotely fun to sit somewhere and get one swing in on a target before it dies to the zerg. Perhaps thats just me. If to those players, that is the highlight of their day, then fair enough. I just hope they realise that it won't last too long, as a proportion of those targets won't bother coming back.

As for ganking soloers, yes we quite often do. The general rule from our group point of view, is that if we don't know who they are, assume they are going to add later. It's only the few 'known players' that have played long enough and earned the respect of not adding on every fight, that we will leave in return.

Although Gamah is sometimes a little too trigger happy. Nuke button before group orders it seems. :twak:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ethild said:
Don't get me wrong, as I said in the original post, its "each to their own", so I'm not throwing stones per say. I just don't see how it can be remotely fun to sit somewhere and get one swing in on a target before it dies to the zerg. Perhaps thats just me. If to those players, that is the highlight of their day, then fair enough. I just hope they realise that it won't last too long, as a proportion of those targets won't bother coming back.

As for ganking soloers, yes we quite often do. The general rule from our group point of view, is that if we don't know who they are, assume they are going to add later. It's only the few 'known players' that have played long enough and earned the respect of not adding on every fight, that we will leave in return.

Although Gamah is sometimes a little too trigger happy. Nuke button before group orders it seems. :twak:
Yeah i noticed gamah seems to be very rp happy now - im wondering what rr he'll have to get on the bainshee before the famous gamah addwhine starts again ;)

And yes - its kinda like crop rotation - you overfarm in a harsh way, stuff wont grow back.

Its kinda funny how many alb players dashed in for 1 hit or xbowed from range desperate to grab rps during my earlier duo with Tamesis - almost pathetic tbh - i can understand why people add perhaps (although still dont like it) if im on 10% and their on 90%, what i find comical is them dashing in when the opponent has been raped and youre on 50%+ and their on 5% or so...Comedy.

Edit: Hib players/Mid players do this too im sure i can only comment on prydwen from an alb perspective.

Gamah

Banned
Yes, Listen EbayKnight, when you actully learn how to level a char from 1-50 you can coment on my play style..untill then I kindly suggest you get back to leading the zerg.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Would you like to think of your own response or pinch another not-so-witty comment from someone? Or alternatively you can go jump realm...Oh wait you did that :)

Leveled a grand total of 15 chars between all the realms 1-50 thanks.And its comical how youve jumped on the "evita zergs" bandwagon now youve gone to hib when you know the truth. Guess that makes you a quitter and a liar eh? :)

Gamah

Banned
TheBinarySurfer said:
"evita zergs" bandwagon now youve gone to hib when you know the truth.

Yes now I'm playing Hib I do know the truth :D , your an adding skilless player, who claims to love a fair fight yet everytime her group comes apon ours in a fair fight..ups evita accidently stuns me/druid for her assist train..but I guess accidents will happen :fluffle: . Also gratz on leveling 15 chars shame you couldn't do the same for Minstrel, still need to work on those templates a bit eh 18% cold and 29% matter? yes nice order of resists there.

Lets take a look at your award wining resists shall we?

Statistics
STR:97/99 CON:72/80 DEX:74/89
QUI:75/82 INT:0/75 PIE:0/75
CHA:35/75 EMP:0/75
Hits:184/200
Power:0/25
AF:10/50

Resistances
Body: 24
Cold: 18
Heat: 24
Energy: 17
Matter: 29
Spirit: 17+5
Crush: 18+2
Slash: 24+3
Thrust: 24

Just a nice set of stats there, those dd's will be one shotting runemasters in no time..Maybe you should have brought your template off ebay too?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Yes now I'm playing Hib I do know the truth :D , your an adding skilless player, who claims to love a fair fight yet everytime her group comes apon ours in a fair fight..ups evita accidently stuns me/druid for her assist train..but I guess accidents will happen :fluffle: . Also gratz on leveling 15 chars shame you couldn't do the same for Minstrel, still need to work on those templates a bit eh 18% cold and 29% matter? yes nice order of resists there.

Lets take a look at your award wining resists shall we?

Statistics
STR:97/99 CON:72/80 DEX:74/89
QUI:75/82 INT:0/75 PIE:0/75
CHA:35/75 EMP:0/75
Hits:184/200
Power:0/25
AF:10/50

Resistances
Body: 24
Cold: 18
Heat: 24
Energy: 17
Matter: 29
Spirit: 17+5
Crush: 18+2
Slash: 24+3
Thrust: 24

Just a nice set of stats there, those dd's will be one shotting runemasters in no time..Maybe you should have brought your template off ebay too?
Or just maybe it was a good enough quick put-together template that i thought was good enough - incidentally you got the cold/energy/charisma wrong i changed some of it around just prior to the SC.

Oh no i used my stun to pin a target for the assist train. Shit, no minstrel does that...I must be skillless, forcing the group to turn multiple DIs/instas to keep the /assist target (which is, by the way, often a druid as it doesnt have a DI behind it) up.

Its kinda sad tbh, most alb players saw you as the best minstrel on the server at one point - me included. Now youre a running joke among most of us. Well done :)

But anyways, keep those lying skills honed Gamah, its keeping me amused while i do housework - do some cooking/cleaning/ironing, come back, read more, post more, go do more housework.

PS As i told you in PMs quite a while back FOUR of those characters have been minstrels. All bar one now rest in the /delete folder sadly. Keep trying eh?

Gamah

Banned
Oh right because I play my Bainshee in a way befitting to IRvR I lost all my "skill" as a minstrel? Shallow albs I guess. As you could have guessed from our PM chats I don't care what people think..honestly :| you can laugh about me while I add on you all you like, end of the day I am trying to get high RR fast, I can't do that with being nice..

As a minstrel I am in a possistion to leave people alone in fair fights, I can avoid them in the future..I don't need to expose myself..as a Bainshee every target is a potentual add, every scout must die..every infil must die..anyone that will come back to threaten me when I am in a fg..

Sure at one point I was all for 1v1's and fair fights..but that died with IRVR, so I am playing the game the way its meant to be played..the way you want it to be played by allowing IRVR to continue..When I come back to play my minstrel and IRVR is gone..then yeah sure, i'll go back to the "old" gamah..

When I can log onto alb without some one giving me abuse over PM, then sure I'll be old gamah..untill then I'll be zerging Bainshee Rejecta..if you don't like it you can make jokes with the Dragon Senate..you can laugh on vent...as I said I don't care you're a running joke in Hib too but I suspect that doesn't concern you as does me being a joke with your cronies doesn't concern me..I play to have fun, dying to 1000's adds in a fg fight = not fun for me..eliminating the threat..and having a nice fight = FUN..untill you pay my subs i'll do as I want.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
So being low(er) rr means you can add on anything?

Nobody said youd lost any skill or ability - maybe poor phrasing earlier by me suggested that - not my intention.What a lot of us have lost for you is respect, as you preached one thing for a very long time then turned around and did totally the opposite for a sustained (and in fact ongoing) period.

Personally i'd like you to come back and play the minstrel it means i wont be the only active rr9+ on pryd (carpp and coren not logging much play time it seems), its nothing personal against you as a person, its against the way you play these days.

As you said however, your subs, your playstyle, just dont expect me not to take the piss :fluffle:

Edit - and its never been my style to abuse people in PMs, if youre getting graphic abuse from the rest of alb suggest you /report it since we all have the right to play ingame without hassle.

Gamah

Banned
I never said it gave me the right, I said that thats the path I have chosen, Most of my adding has nothing to do with me..I follow the bard into fights and if he starts fighting, then I am forced too as well. Solo sure I add, ever tried soloing a Bainshee who has no ranged CC :D?

Yea I went back on what I just to preached, IMO I changed with the nature of the game..I personaly can't wait for IRVR to be gone and cluster to arrive so I can start playing Gamah again.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I personaly can't wait for IRVR to be gone and cluster to arrive so I can start playing Gamah again.
Amen to that one at least...Some fun changes being planned to the bomb group for even more zerg-gibbing power.

pip

Banned
TheBinarySurfer said:
Yeah i noticed gamah seems to be very rp happy now - im wondering what rr he'll have to get on the bainshee before the famous gamah addwhine starts again ;)

And yes - its kinda like crop rotation - you overfarm in a harsh way, stuff wont grow back.

Its kinda funny how many alb players dashed in for 1 hit or xbowed from range desperate to grab rps during my earlier duo with Tamesis - almost pathetic tbh - i can understand why people add perhaps (although still dont like it) if im on 10% and their on 90%, what i find comical is them dashing in when the opponent has been raped and youre on 50%+ and their on 5% or so...Comedy.

Edit: Hib players/Mid players do this too im sure i can only comment on prydwen from an alb perspective.
dont jump me rez sick thats just as bad as the leachies no fun killing ya getting no rp muppet

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
dont jump me rez sick thats just as bad as the leachies no fun killing ya getting no rp muppet
Was that your ranger we ganked earlier?

Made the point since he added on us earlier - chain res sick ganked him a few times.

If not cant think when as ive only fought you once today i think and you had all chambers up under oriens...

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
"I add because i'm solo with no ranged CC"

Good arguement Gamah! I didn't add when solo on a druid, even though i don't have any ranged damage output! Such useless excuses tbh ;o

pip

Banned
TheBinarySurfer said:
Was that your ranger we ganked earlier?

Made the point since he added on us earlier - chain res sick ganked him a few times.

If not cant think when as ive only fought you once today i think and you had all chambers up under oriens...
I dont play ranger just play mid and i didn't add on your grp yes today. By bridge jump me whilst rez sick ok its not a crime but tbh pritty low game play...Pratice what you preach before you start slagging others of oh and another thing you ain't no better than any 1 else for zerging/adding :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom