So, I Tired A Run With Ranger...

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
I retired my ranger about 6 months ago. Mainly because of players like Blitz/Scouse/Aim/Tip etc (the old zerg crew) adding on everything in sight making it impossible to run in groups of less that 10. Each to their own I guess, but thats not my style.

6 months later, I thought I'd bring out lil Minikene and see if anything has changed.

1st run: Jump Belxavier, get zerged by ~2fg albs.
2nd run: Get uncovered by Jiq in front of ~2fg albs.
3rd run: Get uncovered by Jiq again, in front of 1fg albs.
4th run: Get an actual 1v1, but I lagged lots and couldn't fight back. (Not the albs fault ofc).
5th run: Get a 1v1! Well kinda, get some alb to 4%, who then starts strafing till his cleric can arrive, and then I get zerged again.
6th run: Zerged.

Logged. Minikene is off back to his box of rest.

This is supposed to be fun?

Do people actually enjoy playing the game to hit random players every hour for 10 rps? I don't get it. Surely playing Minesweeper would be a more productive use of time. I play DAoC because I enjoy RvR. I enjoy pitting my wits against other players in a reasonably fair encounter. I don't enjoy hitting random players for no real gain, because it ruins their game, and I get nothing.

Am I the only one that thinks like this? Am I in a dying breed? :(

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
just kill the mot***f*****s and dont play gimp stealthers!

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
In my 5 or so runs on NS the ther day, I found there are other people out there who enjoy a fair fight.

Couple of times of note are when I SL'ed and found a solo target, only to see someone watching me kill them, who let me get away and restealth.

Also saw BC watching the same fight as me without adding, though he did 2 shot me (Was unbuffed :S)

I'm afraid to point a finger, but I guess it has to be said, the most common names for the times I did get added on are people I know to be in ownership of ebayed accounts.

End of the day, the bottom line has to be... most people will do whatever it takes to win. Strafe, Zerg, abuse bugs, use OP abilities until they are blue in the face, sit in towers and pin cusion people with 0 danger/challenge... need the list go on?

I guess we're all guilty of some of the above.

And to be frank RR, it always used to be the same too, when we duo'ed Tip/Aim or Aldoran would always bring more people to the party. Just the same as we'd both batter solo'ers.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Think the stealth war is a bit better, more 1v1 fights really and alot less adding. Im usally duo soloing:
If we encounter more then 1 stealther both attacks else one of us is fighting and the other watches. This helps alot against the newbies that teams up in groups of 3 stealthers, since they usally a bit less good equpied so they can be handled by two.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Ehtildis, you even whine when a FG mezzes you on Orien's bridge it being a 8 vs 8 at start and blame the FG for the adds, you even whine when you run towards an ungrouped Sorc and you get mezzed, basicly you moan everytime and erm I didn't read your post at all cause it's some whine about adds for sure even if it weren't adds.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Ehtildis, you even whine when a FG mezzes you on Orien's bridge it being a 8 vs 8 at start and blame the FG for the adds, you even whine when you run towards an ungrouped Sorc and you get mezzed, basicly you moan everytime and erm I didn't read your post at all cause it's some whine about adds for sure even if it weren't adds.

I bet 5000 dollars you read the whole of his post and posted that you didnt to act cool

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And erm you add with your group and roll over soloers yourself but want some fair fights 1 vs 1, that's pure comedy tbh :).

What comes around goes around or so, I am not that good at english sayings.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
And erm you add with your group and roll over soloers yourself but want some fair fights 1 vs 1, that's pure comedy tbh :).

What comes around goes around or so, I am not that good at english sayings.
Chimp hasn't really played on pryd in ages tho, and didn't zerg either, or not as far as I've seen. Exactly who was that comment meant for? ;p

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Blah Blah

Dear Manisch,

When you actually learn to 8v8, I shall gladly head your advice. Until then, keep on running around with your relic raid sized groups thinking you are a pro.

If you didn't even read the post, then why bother commenting in it? I think you try to hard to look 'cool'. Besides, isn't it time you pretended to quit again? Or is that not giving you the attention you had hoped for.

Anyway (useless flaming aside), if you look closely (ie: read the post), you should be able to see that it poses some questions about the attitudes of the current average player. The idea was people could answer them, rather than reply with useless drivel.

Thanks.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
You aren't very good at English full stop you fucking retard.

stupeh said:
You aren't very good at English full stop you fucking retard.

maybe he aint english? :<

but yeh, gets just as annoying with the albs (or hibs) adding on every fecking fight you find -.-

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, its war.. you can do anything the other side cant stop you from doing!

Some people just try to have a little more respect than others I guess!

Sandar Shadowwalker

Fledgling Freddie
I solo 100% all the time dont realy have a problem getting 1V1 fights thats comming from an Alb point of view plus i mainly play non peak hours i stay clear of main areas like bridges and keeps.Dont give up give it another try or at least group with another stealther.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Musejedi said:
Also saw BC watching the same fight as me without adding, though he did 2 shot me (Was unbuffed :S)

I thought you were gonna add and thought it was rude so attacked you :<

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Chimp hasn't really played on pryd in ages tho, and didn't zerg either, or not as far as I've seen. Exactly who was that comment meant for? ;p

Ethildis ofc :).

Jjuraa

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Ethildis ofc :).

as far as people who enjoy and look for 1v1s, yeah id say we're a dieing breed Ethilds.. and id like to see you come up with an example of when ive added or zerged Manisch you disgusting little turd.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
as far as people who enjoy and look for 1v1s, yeah id say we're a dieing breed Ethilds.. and id like to see you come up with an example of when ive added or zerged Manisch you disgusting little turd.

Who said you add or zerg?

I know you're are someone who leaves his own FG w/o comment when it adds and I know you try to find solo fights. I don't have a problem with that, why should I?

This whole fair shit is just getting more and more stupid on FH anyway. I was in half GG today, passing at the Villa and saw a FG of Mids at the rock, speed warp down, mexican stand off with Pac Healer (I mezzing his buddies, he my), them being chickens on higher ground not coming down to kill us 4 and Rajmund on his Theurg and bla bla bla, some time later PE comes and fights them and I start lifetapping their Mending healer, killed him, PE pulls out at some point, prolly cause from their perspective someone added on their fight, from my perspective they added on my fight.

Perspective...

Mythic should give some battle zones for 8 vs 8 or 40 vs 40 or so instead of 1 very populated zone and rest empty zones. I don't think the upcoming isle will fix the problem that people joining a fight usually totally ruin it.

I play a lot in Thid with my Infi and the clima for 1 vs 1 there is way better than in NF, most of the regular soloers there do not add and afair on Excal there is a duel zone which most people respect. But there are fewer people in Thid and usually when you are fully twinked/buffed you can take an add too.

The situation now in HW sucks, yesterday the whole Hib BG was storming the Villa at once vs a FG and the Hib BG roaming together after the tower situation was resolved (3 out of 4 towes taken, keep retaken by Hibs).

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild: I think u were just very unlucky, and it happens if you wanna play a stealther.
For long time first I played a night with my infil, and I had loads of 1v1 fights but what was even more surprising if there was a solo-duo alb passing by, they didnt add on my fights what I really appreciate :)
You just have to find the place where you can find something and still not added on. I never camp at bridge az mindless alb zerg is there for sure 90% of times, and enemy stealthers tend to grp up there too so its a place what I just pass when I leave the keep.
I usually patroll the ruins-villa-tower way ,but never get near to tower nor bridge, there i could find many solo fights.
Ofc when albs were attacking the keep i climbed in and killed some, a few times, or died by Prickles xD And once i uncovered a 'solo' ranger next to a hib tower where were 2+fg hib a sec ago and albs just arrived what i couldnt see ! ewul me i know.

Ofc i know im playing alb and I can see albs "zerging" really much, not much alb stealther soloing, most of them either near to the zerg or they are duoing etc which taking the will of enemy stealthers to solo.

Imo just keep trying and leg sooner if it seems zergy :) go our for 2 max 3 rounds if its nice u will stay if u get zerged everytime just log and curse those zerglings xD

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lastnight was total wank for stealth-action. After 3.2K in almost 2 hours - mostly spending on the boat and getting uncovered at the drop-off I decided enough is enough and I went PvE.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Why does everyone assume that to play a stealther you have to hang about bridges or keeps? Albs, mids and hibs XP in thier frontiers and will do so more after clustering. Go tickle a few healers/druids as thier group pulls, the panic alone is worth giving up any RPs for even if they don't die :)

Of course this is pointless if your a RP whore :twak:

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
IRvR rocks for soloers (not stealthers)
becuse you can get zerged and be back again in 2/3 min
as a group it can get abit boring to get zerged 5 runs in a row, but sometimes its great.

IRvR >> All xd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom