S

SilverHood

should be

might get a little laggy during big fights

B

Big-G-

okay cool im used to it with daoc

but what about patching?
lol 15 hours with no resume and a 2 hour cutoff?
no ftp available with patches on or anythin?

pls help a poor 56k'er ;/

S

Summo

If you get cutoff, then load PS as normal. It does an integrity check and so only downloads the files that it hasn't already got.

As far as I know there's no separately-downloadable patch.

P

[PS]Venom

You can't download it seperatly. Just continue after you get disconnected.

Apparantly it plays very well on 56k, but I wouldn't know for sure unfortunatly.

R

Roo Stercogburn

<loads up his rocket rifle, camps the entrance and waits for an Efour to spawn>

X

Xtro

Efour if I see you trying to farm TR guys for BOI's I'll rocket you myself ;)

Hope you enjoy the game mate.

M

mid_Efour

i dunno what side to join :( lol

this is worse than one of them, multi million $ questions i used to answer 20 times a day at work a while back.

and where's the damn postman !!!!!!!!!

P

[PS]Riddler

NC =well-rounded, Good weapons (Especially the Phoenix) and nice people! you have the Barry Squad in NC too so thats another reason to join us :D
TR = Overpowerd, in terms you will understand, they are Hibernia, gay costumes(firbys) and their chaingun(9sec stun for casters).
VS = Zerg. Like Albion, they have decent weapons but always seem to need 100+ people to acomplish anything.

You can tell im from NC cant u?

P

[PS]Nova

You are a bit biased methinks.

Time to add one point, there's outfits you can join with people from these boards on every empire, so don't let that decide you.

The basic idea is:

Terrans - they have superior rate of fire, their weaponry chucks out more bullets per second and of course they have chainguns.
NC - they have more power in weaponry, they are a bit slower, but they have the jackhammer which is lethal.
Vanu - they have "alien" technology including hovertanks and plasma weaponry. Bit more difficult to play as they are weaker purely on stats, you need to be a bit more tactical etc to play these effectively.

If you do decide to go Vanu, drop us a message if you want to join our outfit!

C

Cadire

Non elite DAoC Moderator about to spawn...

... I'll be the one standing still trying to figure out the keys.

D

Deadmanwalking

easy look:

NC - blue and yellow
Tr - red and black
Vs - purple

M

moo_work

muahhaah G and efour my bum chums gonna see u on PS tonite, picking up a copy from game store on way home tonite! :D

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
easy look:

NC - blue and yellow
Tr - red and black
Vs - purple

Ahh but then people read it in different ways.

Like someon could read it as you going VS - purple

or as NC - Blue and Yellow

i.e everyone has built in bias and will see things a certain way even if it's not intended :)

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Biased eh angel ;)

Hey I was actually trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I didn't say nerf TR and NC, nor did I say Vanu suck.

I just said, on the whole you have to be a bit more careful with Vanu, which is true, and seems to be the widely held opinion of most people here as well.

I wouldn't call that overly biased personally.

(But then, I expect you're going to say THAT'S because I'm biased too. :p )

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by [PS]Riddler
NC =well-rounded, Good weapons (Especially the Phoenix) and nice people! you have the Barry Squad in NC too so thats another reason to join us :D
TR = Overpowerd, in terms you will understand, they are Hibernia, gay costumes(firbys) and their chaingun(9sec stun for casters).
VS = Zerg. Like Albion, they have decent weapons but always seem to need 100+ people to acomplish anything.

You can tell im from NC cant u?

thats possibly the most boll hocks i've ever read in my life.

seriously, im not being biased here, this is the way it IS:

NC - just... averagy type people..... nothing special
TR - zerg of the game, loads and loads of players with unbalanced weaponry
VS - turd weaponry, more skillful and less of a player population than any other empire - most challenging side to play is by far

nuff said

C

CliffyG

VS get round having less players by putting them all in the same continent ;).

T

Tenko

Originally posted by CliffyG

Sound military tactics!!

S

Scooba Da Bass

See; Amerish zerg last night.

300 people on one base was a little excessive.

B

bone_idle

If VS have less players, Why does it say ' Empire needed ' Terran republic. On login screen. :(

P

[PS]Venom

Because terrans have about 1% less population than Vanu. Everyone has realised NC have the instawin weaponry :D To use a daoc term.

B

BrassMonkey

Well tbh i see the 'Empire need' changing ALL the time so whats that telling you eh? Go on work it out...

Oh and as i've stated before, crying Zerg is (for me anyway) a daoc term with no point of fact or relevance in regards to planetside.

S

Saturnine

Yup, Zergs in this game don't cut it as they do with DAoC due to the ease and speed of on-location respawning. And the bigger the fight, the more fun: and you rarely, rarely get frustrated with a death to the degree you would in daoc (except when your like, 1second away from completing a hack and some disgusting TR max gets up close and personal :p).

B

bone_idle

Zerging just means more people to kill. And i like the idea of the xp adjustment when one empire has less people on.

Cant really call it a zerg anyway. Zerg was Albion in daoc. PlanetSide has armies.

P

[PS]Nova

I don't believe the exp thing is when one empire has less people on, it's done on how many game hours were played by people on that empire in the last (week/day) or whatever.

Or so I read somewhere, I think.

Could be wrong tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread