ok so got PS last nite

M

moo_work

joined NC, did the training - went to some continant in a reaver (people said spec reaver - thus monkey see, monkey do etc) got to rank 4 pretty quick but then the vanu zerg, and omg what a zerg.

Think albs zerg in daoc? lol @ vanu then. As soon as u get on a continant u got loads of purple crap shooting u.

Limited experiance i'll grant you but from last nite it definatly seems theres way too many people playing vanu IMO.

ps: is shooting while flying in a reaver meant to be hard? :(

M

moo_work

also is there any way to get enemy health to display, i cant seem to find any option and its anoying not knowing how much hp someones got left, or if ur actually doing any dmg with your pop gun and etc :)

K

Karam_gruul

well technically NC are the most populated empire, well they were. and i've been in situations where i just thought to myself, im gonna leave VS, because i've been so increadibly out zerged by NC/TR.

all empires zerg, if u get zerged just go to another continent

and reavers suck

P

[PS]Venom

Well, the populations are all within 5% of each other I believe as there's no XP bonus for any empire.

You got unlucky with hitting a Vanu army, trust me, you'll hit terran armies and NC armies will hit everyone else. Just move to a different continent.

As for health over names, you need BR6 and the Advanced Targetting implant to get the enemies health ;)

M

moo_work

well yeah i guess so, like i said was only 3 hours playing - will play this weekend and see how its like.

Probably gonna make a new char and go for max w/anti aircraft

or infil suit with hacking (i assume you get points for hacking things right?)

but last nite it just seemed like i was playing hibernia on prydwen or something ;p

if i delete my current char and remake can i use the name of the deleted char or is there a wait or ? :)

P

[PS]Venom

Nope, no points for hacking base/terminals/etc.

You DO get xp for jacking vehicles apparantly.

M

moo_work

could i hack a vanu's vehical spawn pad and use it to create a vehical for myself?
(assuming the base is powered)

P

[PS]Nova

To do hacking you need the REK (Remote Electronics Kit).

If you don't have the Hacking certification, you can still hack doors and control consoles (although very slowly).

If you do have the Hacking certification, you can hack doors, CCs, terminals and enemy vehicles. And quite a bit quicker.

If you have Advanced Hacking, you do it very very fast.

Oh and you can use other empires specific weaponry/vehicles if you have the corresponding cert. ie. a Magrider driver can drive a jacked Vanguard and vice versa (as we found out the other day facing three jacked magriders).

Oh and as for your point about remaking and using the same name, as far as I know there's no re-use timer.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

All empires zerg, that's just the way it is. When faced by it, just treat it as a 'target-rich environment' - you can get a lot of kills in such situations.

Yep, you can hack vehicle pads to pick up vehicles from enemy bases.

Welcome aboard, Moo.

G

Gekul

There isn't the population difference there is in DaoC, so there's no excuses for not being able to match the enemies number.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I don't like the DAoC zerg - levels and uber sc'ed gear is all that counts in DAoCl...

I like the PS zerg - or rather: when to zergs collide.
*hums the Starship Troopers theme* :)

P

[PS]Venom

The server populations are actually within 1% of each other last time I looked :)

K

Karam_gruul

all lies, last night i got so annoyed, was around 600-700 NC on hossin, they were quite literally 'everywhere', i choose an ams spawn point, uhoh they've found it, lets go to that other one now, uhoh they've found it, lets go to that tower now, uhoh they've found it, lets go to vs sanc now

B

BrassMonkey

Zergs are for DAOC...no place for them here.

So you can take your 'zergz' and cram em with walnuts ugly :D

D

Deadmanwalking

Thank you god vertex, you have no idea how close i was to writing a highly abusive and rude post basically telling you DAOC players to take you're shite words and frankly to stuff em. :mad:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

"Zerg" is rather a Starcraft term, folks. :p

And Karma - as usual you are talking out of your arse. Check the server population, Venom is right.
Heck, when I signed on last night, Werner was showing that NC was the faction with the lowest people on.

So: nerrrr...

S

Saturnine

This game isn't supposed to be "1fg vs 1fg" - its MENT to be "Zerg vs Zerg" - so if you don't have one, go and build one.

Users who are viewing this thread