payment for PS??

O

old.logun

DLed the trial the other day, what a game! feckin loved it!

kinda pissed coz i only got 2 days of the trial too, damn launcher was bugged, and i cant get a new acc to get a new trial :(

but now i'm knacked coz no point buying it if i cant pay the SUB. fee, got no credit card :(

i hunted through sony pages and found the 90 day game card thingy, but you still need a credit card to buy that... i used a debit card to pay for daoc, but no matter where i look no UK company sells these 90 day card thingies.

any have any ideas?

P

[PS]Nova

You say you used a debit card to pay for daoc - what kind of debit card? I have a visa debit card that works just fine for PS.

M

Manic Miner

i was gonna suggest the same. just select visa but enter your debit card details :)

T

throdgrain

Debit card works exactly the same as credit card.

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by throdgrain
Debit card works exactly the same as credit card.

this is true, but some companies will only accept credit cards because they believe it's gone through a more stringent credit check and that they are more likely to get their money because the credit card company pay it rather than you.

as all the checking is done in the US though, i doubt they have access to our records the same as UK companies and therefore just goes through normal VISA clearing and gets passed.

P

[PS]Nova

Actually, debit cards are pretty easy to check as well. They have a guaranteed amount, same as a cheque guarantee card, and anything under that amount, the bank will pay (and then screw out of the account holder). Anything over that checks the balance of the account to make sure the money's there all right.

At least that was how I thought debit cards work.

(Might not have a guaranteed amount, mine is cheque card/debit card/cash card all in one)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I know a mail order store in Germany that sells PS game cards - www.okaysoft.de - I am quite sure that they'll ship to the UK, too.

Just send them an email, I guess.

O

old.logun

the debit card i use is SOLO, same as switch but its bank of scotland specific... remember when it 1st came out no one would accept it, and that was only a few years back so i dout the sony guys do...

i'll have a look at that german site, although i dont speak german so could be a bit of a prob hehe

thanks for all the feed back though guys :)

been a great help

W

Will

Solo isn't Bank of Scotland specific. It is like Switch, but it always checks your bank balance before authorising the transaction, whereas Switch will clear up to £50 without phoning home.

O

old.logun

i was told by the bank wifey it was thier version of switch...

wierd...

I

icemaiden

The difference with a SOLO card is that it has no guaranteed payment thingy like the switch. You can only use it if you have funds, and barely anyone excepts it. This is basically because anyone over 16 can get one, with a switch it's 18, so if you do manage to pay for summit without having funds, the bank cannot register a ccj. Thats the way my boss explained it to me anyways. Oh and not just bank of scotland that have solo.

W

Will

Its just the shit version of Switch. Like getting a Visa Electron instead of a Visa Delta.;)

O

old.Hellskor

better try those :

http://www.sinclair-software.de/portal/index.php

they sell the Gametime Codes about 10€ Cheaper than Okaysoft (damn good shop anyway), but Sinclair offers to send you the Code per eMail -> way faster.

Planetside Gamecard

<grmbl> can't link that sub-page directly

hit Produktübersicht then Planetside -> Gametimecodes

then hit the big blue link 'Planetside Gamecode' and finally the little blue Icon in the lower right called 'bestellen' (order).

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by Will.
Hellskor : Have you used that service yourself?

yep, less than 24hours later the code was sent by eMail.

Users who are viewing this thread