So have you got missing items/characters stripped??

So have you got missing items/characters stripped?

• Yes i have missing items/a stripped character :(

Votes: 244 65.6%
  • No i was one of the luck ones

Votes: 128 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
have gotten my things fixed now. No token though but I don´t care about it anyways so

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
5 days and nothing on any char......

so 1 week gone of bonus already...

as my sig says...

thx for nothing goa

and not forgetting the 2 days they DONT work... lol

Corran

Part of the furniture
tallwiz said:

Shows how much you know. Enjoying talking shit and acting like a twat?

They DID work last weekend, they ARE working this weekend.... But stay in your own little world

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
tallwiz said:

This time it isn't the tech team, etc who needs to work, and don't have to wait for anyone. If you spoke with the GMs in game just to have a chat you know many of them play the game. They want to play, and they want to be able to do it without constant requests. If you want something and can work to get it in your reach, you would work for it, same with the GMs, sadly there are many other people involved in keeping the servers running, who don't want to get their characters back and equiped, so less willing to put extra work into the problem.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Not only do they work on the weekend but I guildie of mine got contacted after 22.00 and got his things restored aswell. Less whining when you don´t have a clue.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Lost every item on the only L50 char I have on Hib Pry (Vamp). Even unactivated arti's in personal vault. Bigger problem is that I only know a few of the items he had. Can't remember all and have no template saved :(. I asked if they could look at old logs as the char has been inactive for a few months - the reply i received said they cannot, as old backups up to a month old were deleted due to corruptions.

Hopefully they will give the items I can remember, If not, I will probably never play the char again :( only about 9p cash on him and can't go through the agony of getting all the Arti's & rare items again.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
a msg i sent to goa subs division....

just wondering about the said extra game play time... are prydwen players loosing the 2 weeks that the servers where down or are we supposed to take the in game *freebies* as compensation?

my accounts is up for renewal on 17-9-05 paid for 3 months... doesnt say anything about extra days added...

could you please clarify whats going on as customers would like to know.
a good place to put it is on the official daoc site.... maybe... if the customer matters that is.

/end

the way all of this as been handled is so unproffesional its unreal.....
seems in game mates/fan boys are more important than joe bloggs... as most of you fan boys have your items / cash....

as for the rest of the peeps that cant play their mains/alts that they where lvling due to loosing everything on them... i totaly sympathise.

but as i said earlier.... underpop bonus gone in 6 days.... and doesnt look like extra free days getting implemented... so the guys'n'gals that aint got their gear yet are getting fuck all in a word....

and the proof goa are actually working is...?
we got a spy camping goa HQ?

lol... gotta laugh, cause its a joke

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Rofl at the fanboys/mates got fixed first. you realy have lost grip on reallity!!

yes im also still waiting on my naked vamp

Corran

Part of the furniture
tallwiz said:
a msg i sent to goa subs division....

just wondering about the said extra game play time... are prydwen players loosing the 2 weeks that the servers where down or are we supposed to take the in game *freebies* as compensation?

my accounts is up for renewal on 17-9-05 paid for 3 months... doesnt say anything about extra days added...

could you please clarify whats going on as customers would like to know.
a good place to put it is on the official daoc site.... maybe... if the customer matters that is.

/end

the way all of this as been handled is so unproffesional its unreal.....
seems in game mates/fan boys are more important than joe bloggs... as most of you fan boys have your items / cash....

as for the rest of the peeps that cant play their mains/alts that they where lvling due to loosing everything on them... i totaly sympathise.

but as i said earlier.... underpop bonus gone in 6 days.... and doesnt look like extra free days getting implemented... so the guys'n'gals that aint got their gear yet are getting fuck all in a word....

and the proof goa are actually working is...?
we got a spy camping goa HQ?

lol... gotta laugh, cause its a joke

Yeah yeah yeah.. it a joke... oh wait no your a joke.. yet another question that has been answered but your to busy whining to look.

Free days are implemented AFTER they have restored ALL lost items so that everyone can make use of it.

And the xp bonuses etc are a bonus, the compensation to all is the free time. Low pop bonuses are just that

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
I have been compensated by Goa,Firstly on my 50 Cleric which they repalced most of the nice items and gave a tidy sum to clear the rest up and then on scout overall I'm happy with the results and feel Goa have done the best they can in a very bad situation.
They have in fact not replaced the cash promised on 2 lvl 24 chars,I've rightnow'ed again but told them to put us to the back of the queue and sort peoples mains out first as they not too important :)

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Yeah yeah yeah.. it a joke... oh wait no your a joke.. yet another question that has been answered but your to busy whining to look.

Free days are implemented AFTER they have restored ALL lost items so that everyone can make use of it.

And the xp bonuses etc are a bonus, the compensation to all is the free time. Low pop bonuses are just that

^^^ defo fan boy
:touch:

Corran

Part of the furniture
tallwiz said:
^^^ defo fan boy
:touch:

Not really, had my run in's with GoA on a view occassions, just i actually read posts they make and take the information on board so that i know what is actually happening.

I wasnt happy with what has happened, but i dealling with it in a more mature way then you, and actually leveled a new toon pretty much from scratch all the way up to now 46. And now i getting artifacts on him, and then will hit 50 by the end of the bonus's simply as i stopped whining and done something to make use of what they gave us.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
daog... = dark age of goa lol

and ye, i got a bad ass rep... cause i wont be fucked over

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
^^ Will you ever shut up? Your constant whine are getting quite boring

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Shows how much you know. Enjoying talking shit and acting like a twat?

They DID work last weekend, they ARE working this weekend.... But stay in your own little world

Corran said:
All in all i think my other characters are ok, and my 7 zahur rings are all still in my inventory/vaults so could have been a lot worse

nuff said

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
tallwiz said:
daog... = dark age of goa lol

and ye, i got a bad ass rep... cause i wont be fucked over
daog ololol did u come up with that one all on ur own? u just crack me up u badass! :D

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
And now i getting artifacts on him, and then will hit 50 by the end of the bonus's simply as i stopped whining and done something to make use of what they gave us.

Corran, when they explained why they can't log in with your account if it is on other server, they said, they don't have resources to track down where you are playing and with which character. Don't know, if they have a tool that checks your alts on the server or not, but if you are playing on the account, they can't log in with the same acc, and any communication with the mentioned characters would fail, since you play some other characters.

They also explained how they handle the situation, check what you lost, and then log in with character and hand him/her the items. It means, a lot of people feel: If they want to speed up the recovery for everyone, they shouldn't use other characters on that account. It includes excal characters, camlann characters too. Yes, if GOA prepares to resolve my problem, then I am playing elsewhere, so they push back my query, that means, some of the time they spent on fixing my character gets wasted. Everyone loses this amount of time. If hundreds would do the same, and GOA would encounter this problem often, that would hurt most of the affected players.

Many, many people would be happy to do like you did, and take advantage of the XP bonuses, I have several characters I would like to level, and many people who post and say either once or more often, that they aren't happy. And people aren't happy because the characters they would want to play either directly or inderectly affected by the problem. Some are stripped, logging in others isn't the best idea, yet others play with friends in a set group and half of group is stripped. So they have to wait, and they not only have to wait on prydwen, but they have to wait on excalibur and camlann too.

If GOA would say, I have a few days to play, and at the current rate, I won't get helped by next wednesday, I would happily play on my accounts, knowing that it doesn't delay the process, it doesn't cost me anything, and would hopefully get a few good items to put on the CM. This kind of information is missing.

If GOA would say, feel free to replace the items on your own, and you will get full compensation, and they can handle if you go farming, PLing, etc. and most of your inventory is full, I would be very happy. But if they just hand me items and see a full inventory and can't give something to me, or if they don't investigate what I had after server came back, and if I replace items I don't get compensation for the stuff lost and replaced, then I face a big trouble.

Spent several days in DV and in not one farming raid we farmed Flame of Volcanus several times a day, put some ML7 shields in my vaults, won a stardrop gem on an ML9 raid, my BB already had it, but planned to swap gems on tic to do self buffs, etc. but later decided against it, so it ended up in vault. I think you know how easy to equip the bot. A theurgist for set grp lost all the armor, but a low level set can be replaced easily, same with a young wiz, etc. I would like to exp. Even several stripped character can be solved either permanently or on a temporary basis, if you know, you can afford it, since GOA will compensate.

Several friends and guildies would get help, since I can lend items, when they get compensation they can give them back... If I would know, that if their inventory is almost full, that is OK, can be solved with storage characters. If I would know, that replacing items on your own doesn't mean no compensation. If the involved characters would just miss a few items and would be playable without them, if playing my Vampiir on excal (level 49 and would love to ding 50) won't delay stuff and won't waste time for others, by knowing when it is likely that I should wait more (so no need to contact me).

With this delay I can't level my new infil, and they changed rules for thidranki, so she won't have a chance to go in and have fun taking the CK. They had time for these changes, and have no time to tell, what happens with items you replace yourself (how you get compensation) if you have an almost full inventory can they prace tradables on one of the young on account, etc. And if you follow why this is a problem: I have to wait more with playing, and gets less bonus xp period with each and every day of waiting.

If you know me, you know I either exp (preferably in groups) or try to go to PVE raids, or level crafting / work on orders. Sadly the ACer I would level, my young I want to level has problems because of the crash. As you see since last dragon raid I am much happier, todays ML run wasn't too good, and was very tired, but it also was a chance to do something reach some goals I set for myself.

If I would know it is safe to re equip the characters and I get full compensation and if they have to put it on a younger alt made for storage purposes, I would push my RN to end of queue and would play happily and enjoy the bonuses. Sadly I can't know this for sure, tend to give too much to others keep too few, so ain't rich, and don't want to lose compensation on a few good items by replacing them on my own. Know what, will start a topic with questions only and hope E&E or some GM will post an answer.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
I like cheese!

Which is good because my brain just turned into it again!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Rothzak said:
nuff said

Yes my main people are ok, but it has stopped me leveling my other alts that i wanted to level, still cant play them and so i made the best of a bad situation. Cant do what i want, so i do something else constructive

Corran

Part of the furniture
Shanaia said:
I like cheese!

Which is good because my brain just turned into it again!

Heh, i scan read most of that thank god.

In short Esse, i know people playing on alts on pryd that get contacted about their other characters... the reason why they said to avoid logging on to excal is the gm would have to log out of pryd and log on excal before finding which alt they are on there and then they will have to log back to pryd wasting time. If your on pryd they just check your alts and away you go.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Heh, i scan read most of that thank god.

In short Esse, i know people playing on alts on pryd that get contacted about their other characters... the reason why they said to avoid logging on to excal is the gm would have to log out of pryd and log on excal before finding which alt they are on there and then they will have to log back to pryd wasting time. If your on pryd they just check your alts and away you go.

Good, an Zenythe says they can find people on excal now, and also says, if I buy new gear for the affected characters I will still get a compensation for items I bought / farmed again, or transfered from another character :) Yes, this two piece of info was the missing bit, so now it is all good :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i may have skipped over posts and stuf, but what i fail to understand is why they can`t restore the broken chars from a last know good backup ?

should be a lot easier to just say what characters need restoring completely from a backup than to try and give all items back one at a time.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Muylaetrix said:
i may have skipped over posts and stuf, but what i fail to understand is why they can`t restore the broken chars from a last know good backup ?

should be a lot easier to just say what characters need restoring completely from a backup than to try and give all items back one at a time.

coz the last known backup is corrupt...

I don't think the GMs would be in 12 hours a day if there was an easy way :(

Gareivil_GK

Fledgling Freddie
OK here's your update for the morning... err afternoon...

We have now gotten through the majority of the reports we received last monday which was an absolutely insane day (and by far the worst as far as the number of reports received)
<- From Zenynthe

So when should people start to panic, and run screaming to the hills

Like me im nr 461 on monday, and the largest number i heard was something like 1051

I know you jump in numbers, but hell 400 should think you done all of those..

Im getting a little annoyed here... I only got stripped one char, but would like to know what i got before i start shopping and get new templates for the char...

Any day you can say "tuesday we will be done with 99.9% of the requests", if you havn't gotten yours done there make new post to make sure rightnow arn't disregarding your post?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
coz the last known backup is corrupt...

I don't think the GMs would be in 12 hours a day if there was an easy way :(

I believe i read that they actually lost stuff up to a month old... and a hell of a lot happens in a month of gaming for some people (Roll back a month lose 600k rp, 100plat+, and tons of arti/items/xp)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
locking this to stop the constant bumping with the votes. Silly polls :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom