So have you got missing items/characters stripped??

So have you got missing items/characters stripped?

• Yes i have missing items/a stripped character :(

Votes: 244 65.6%
  • No i was one of the luck ones

Votes: 128 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
well tbh there doing what they can, as fast as they can. Sure it isn't perfect but then been in other games where servers/chars have simply just closed with nothing in return, or huge rolebacks or even player wipes!!

Talked to Gm today as he repaired a guildys toons, jokingly said "hope none your own chars are naked" responce was "sadly they are but not a problem, as I wont get time to play for awhile anyway" So we arnt only ones effected...

Sure I was wound up too at first, but now i'm just saying screw it, its a game my life goes on, but then again having deleted so many 50s and starting over on new server/realm so many times, maybe its easier for me?

Hope everyone gets fixed, my vampiir still butt naked, with empty vault, but hey I got heretic to 43 during this bonus period so vamp can wait. May even just try transfer the vamps compensation over to alb to save the hastle of trying to reaquip tbh...

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Response (CM_EN) 09/07/2005 03:53 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for the report. We have investigated the issue and have replaced the following items on ****:

Guard of Valor (level 10)
Tartaros Gift (level 10)
Maddening Scalars (level 10)
Crown of Zahur (level 10)
Cinder Tainted Sleeves
Ebon Hide Bracers (x2)
Ring of Moirai
Belt of Moirai
Feathered Wrap
Ceremonial Bracers
Arbiters Papers 2 of 3
Arbiters Papers 3 of 3
Guard of Valor
A Love Story part 3 of 3
A Love Story part 1 of 3
Cloudsong

You also reported that you had Atlantis Tablet Activated but I can't find this back in our backups.

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to replace every item that you may have lost and so an award of 50 plat has been made to compensate you for the other missing items that you reported. This amount has been added to your character's total already.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
soon 72h passed since my report and no luck

oh noes !!1 :eek7:

tawiz is kinda right to be honest, but should send this to mythic / goa techs or dunno, not GM's fault that something went wrong + they at least can be arsed to keep us informed unlike goa webbie, which sux since launch. (thats what i think at least)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Haven't heard a word yet either, and its been several days for me too.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I have only 1 char stripped, a level 20 ACer cleric, the 3 tools are gone (sewing kit, etc.) and a lvl 49 rog chain vest with +str in it. Is it worth to RN it? It maybe sounds like a joke but I'm very low on money, and the prices are higher and higher every minute because of the money GOA giving away.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
We all know that GoA communication to its player base is abysmal, what do you all expect regular updates!!!

:m00:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
I have only 1 char stripped, a level 20 ACer cleric, the 3 tools are gone (sewing kit, etc.) and a lvl 49 rog chain vest with +str in it. Is it worth to RN it? It maybe sounds like a joke but I'm very low on money, and the prices are higher and higher every minute because of the money GOA giving away.
You will only get very little if anything.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
that's just you being ignorant, read and comprehend the information GoA give you before you whine like a pig.

if two or more accounts are registered with same email adress you can rightnow for all the chars on all the accounts registered to your email adress by using one of the game login + pw's that work.

Alternativly recover the password that GOA use for RightNow via the lost password option.

I changed my passwords 6 months ago, I tried login into rightnow with my new ones but without success, I put my username in as they requested and clicked lost password and I had the password in 20-30 mins.

Now, I dont know what these passwords are and where they came from but I have them and was able to recover them.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Cruhar said:
Response (CM_EN) 09/07/2005 03:53 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for the report. We have investigated the issue and have replaced the following items on ****:

Guard of Valor (level 10)
Tartaros Gift (level 10)
Maddening Scalars (level 10)
Crown of Zahur (level 10)
Cinder Tainted Sleeves
Ebon Hide Bracers (x2)
Ring of Moirai
Belt of Moirai
Feathered Wrap
Ceremonial Bracers
Arbiters Papers 2 of 3
Arbiters Papers 3 of 3
Guard of Valor
A Love Story part 3 of 3
A Love Story part 1 of 3
Cloudsong

You also reported that you had Atlantis Tablet Activated but I can't find this back in our backups.

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to replace every item that you may have lost and so an award of 50 plat has been made to compensate you for the other missing items that you reported. This amount has been added to your character's total already.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Was the tablet a test? Did you actualyl have it and this message is about that? or was it simply to confirm that they are checking?

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I got two of my mains restored. Other still lacks the plaited hair of malamis. I updated the rightnow on that char.. lets see shall I get it ever back. The other main of mine, lacks harpy feather charm - which was been restored to the other main, but not to the latter one. Maybe they forgot.. anyway I updated both rightnows for these chars, to restore those two remaining items.

My queue number was like 270sh. I was contacted by GM yesterday evening like 9 pm cet.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I'm not about to RN my stripped L20 Healer, there are people with far more serious problems than me.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I'm not about to RN my stripped L20 Healer, there are people with far more serious problems than me.

That's what I was thinking about too. I won't RN it btw.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ixoth said:
I got two of my mains restored. Other still lacks the plaited hair of malamis. I updated the rightnow on that char.. lets see shall I get it ever back. The other main of mine, lacks harpy feather charm - which was been restored to the other main, but not to the latter one. Maybe they forgot.. anyway I updated both rightnows for these chars, to restore those two remaining items.

My queue number was like 270sh. I was contacted by GM yesterday evening like 9 pm cet.

Just got an email that they have added those two items to my chars.

Good work GOA :cheers:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Got 50plats and 15magic stones for losing all my items on my 42 cleric (ROGs from Barrows).

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
They dont handle reports in #1 , #2 , #3 order it seems like, had a friend reporting a while after I did and he got his stuff replaced already.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well I haven´t whined much about this whole mess but now I am so close to start to. Been waiting quite a while now for this. RN it directly when it first started appear and still waiting.

Can´t use my healer in the guild group because all artis are back to 0 and RoG hammer dissapeared .

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
People who can't remember exact details, etc. have problematic stuff etc have to wait till most other requests are handled if I heard well, so we have to wait for several more days, and if we can't play for this time? We don't get any compensation for it. When not much to do on one account, can't log in the other account, that is worse than the first downtime. But at least sometimes it is broken by a few events, and at nighttime if you have energy and friends with their equipment I can play a bit.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
People who can't remember exact details, etc. have problematic stuff etc have to wait till most other requests are handled if I heard well.

Whoever told you that (the little men on your shoulder perhaps?) is full of bullshit ... I checked with a GM and they're going through them in the order they came in.

They're also working through almost a 1000 of them so the later you reported your items missing the later (exponentially) you will get helped.

xxManiacxx said:
Well I haven´t whined much about this whole mess but now I am so close to start to. Been waiting quite a while now for this. RN it directly when it first started appear and still waiting.

Can´t use my healer in the guild group because all artis are back to 0 and RoG hammer dissapeared .
I'd report that if I were you .. they're supposed to restore them at level 10 afaik

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

same here, 1 char completely stripped of uber items and artis, reported it monday at 1200cet aproxx, havent heard anything yet. Frustrating even tho i know they have much to do i dont care really.
2 weeks since i used this char and its on stand by when it could by roaming a frontier. What a time sink this is. Might aswell grab a beer, this gonna take a while.

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
nice way to destroy the economy of a game :).. smart thinking GoA.

Sooo.. you gets 70p - (everyone gets 70p) Hurray! New Price on GoV and other artifacts is gonna be like 250p :D Hurray for the inflation .!

The losers of this crash is the ones who did not lose any items, since they will be pooooor ;)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Whoever told you that (the little men on your shoulder perhaps?) is full of bullshit ... I checked with a GM and they're going through them in the order they came in.

They're also working through almost a 1000 of them so the later you reported your items missing the later (exponentially) you will get helped.

The official site they run says if you want them restored quickly, you should deliver exact details, GM (Zenythe) here asked someone who has a "waiting" status, if they asked for additional details, and also said sending additional details to end of queue (What would cause need for updates, if not enough info sent wouldn't). Also it was said by a GM here on FH that relatively simple requests are done by the people who send the initial reply, so some messages are out of the order you name anyway. Also it was said here on forum, that if you are logged in with acc on another server, and they can't reach you, that means you will contacted later. There are several other aspects that influence the order of things.

I reported it on the day the server was opened, only reported the relatively important items on BB, rest of chars aren't reported, and decide low level gear can be replaced no point in delaying the stuff with sending new reports. The exponentially from your message is an assumption and obviously wrong. :) With this big error in your assumption, I have more reason to believe in what they said on official site, than your assumptions and claims.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn: Lots of other people lose stuff with this imho. And the 70p extra money won't make a big difference on the long run, but huge demand for items will. People who haven't lost anything and can farm and sell at inflated prices should have a fair chance to actually benefit from this event.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ailyn said:
nice way to destroy the economy of a game :).. smart thinking GoA.

Sooo.. you gets 70p - (everyone gets 70p) Hurray! New Price on GoV and other artifacts is gonna be like 250p :D Hurray for the inflation .!

The losers of this crash is the ones who did not lose any items, since they will be pooooor ;)

Afaik they don't hand out gold so eagirly now. They give those special jewels etc for items in capital cities instead of gold. Maybe they thought of this, and decided to give those special items instead. Afaik for lost scrolls and some other items they give gold (what they couldn't replace).

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Also if you still haven't heard of GM (or your char isn't restored, they only contact if you are online with an account which has the char to be restored) and you posted since the server went up (on monday), then its time to think was the report you made (rightnowed), as they asked to.

I don't know did it affect on my case (how fast it was sorted), but I only reported what I remembered my chars were using. I basically copy-pasted those items names from my Loki templates and send that info. I also created report per character.

Also if you've updated this report by starting to moan why the char isn't yet restored, maybe contacted even GM about the matter, well lets if I were a GM, it wouldn't make the processing go any faster (annoying when I do crafting orders, and if the client start to ask many times that if the order is already ready).

Just use other toons till you get your chars replaced.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Afaik they don't hand out gold so eagirly now. They give those special jewels etc for items in capital cities instead of gold. Maybe they thought of this, and decided to give those special items instead. Afaik for lost scrolls and some other items they give gold (what they couldn't replace).

They said, they give these gems in addition to gold, since they realize, that CMs can't supply you with items, and you can get some rogs for them, and start to trade them with people.

So you can play while you want to buy stuff, mostly to compensate for the empty CMs and inflation happened after the initial purchases and to provide a chance for everyone, which is a nice change.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Just use other toons till you get your chars replaced.

Using characters on same account can delay compensation, and when you get stuff fixed I think they update your RN request and you get a new email.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Esselinithia said:
Using characters on same account can delay compensation, and when you get stuff fixed I think they update your RN request and you get a new email.

It doesn't delay! They will contact the character using the same account, if he/she could log out from the game, so they can fix the character in the same account. Also they add the lost items to the char's inventory and not to replace any, so you can use your toon bound to be restored in the mean time.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
I'd report that if I were you .. they're supposed to restore them at level 10 afaik

I did report it. I reported it before the server even went down when all this started. AND I AM STILL WAITING

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
They said, they give these gems in addition to gold, since they realize, that CMs can't supply you with items, and you can get some rogs for them, and start to trade them with people.

So you can play while you want to buy stuff, mostly to compensate for the empty CMs and inflation happened after the initial purchases and to provide a chance for everyone, which is a nice change.

I didnt get tokens, just pure cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom