So have you got missing items/characters stripped??

So have you got missing items/characters stripped?

• Yes i have missing items/a stripped character :(

Votes: 244 65.6%
  • No i was one of the luck ones

Votes: 128 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
Bet they paid special attention to the E & E members :mad: :

nope.. im e&e and we get no special treatment whatsoever.. ive had my Alt char which is 0.3 from 50 completely stripped of everything and most of the template was Rog as it was still in Pve mode.. inc vaults.. and im in exactly the same boat as you..

ive just got a response back from Goa by email.. see below
Greetings,

"Thank you for the report. We are aware of the problem on Prydwen and we will be looking into it as a matter of urgency.

We will be working to restore as much of the losses as possible however we ask for your patience while we work to fix the problem. You will be contacted again when we have more information for you."

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

so proves your statement wrong

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
well had over 100 votes now and even tho its a small sample but seems over 7/10 ppl are losing things from thier accs

and 1/50 seem to be losing the ability to use a char

(yes i know its a v small sample and i also realise that the ppl who haven't lost anything might not bother reading the forums atm as... well why would they need to, but i think these figures so far are a fair reflection on the overall situation which isn't too good)

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Have anyone had there house chests striped? I have not yet been able to get home from work yet, and with two accounts/houses small hord of toons thers no way in hell I can recall everything.

Why they not go back to a backup, say before the rebot prydwen had and have a look at peps char. In my case I'd miss MadScalars if they did that, but then again I'm not a RvR guy who miss rp more than items.

(on a sidenote dual ding 20 on hib excal, only using focus pulling :) )

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joohl said:
Have anyone had there house chests striped? I have not yet been able to get home from work yet, and with two accounts/houses small hord of toons thers no way in hell I can recall everything.

Why they not go back to a backup, say before the rebot prydwen had and have a look at peps char. In my case I'd miss MadScalars if they did that, but then again I'm not a RvR guy who miss rp more than items.

(on a sidenote dual ding 20 on hib excal, only using focus pulling :) )

Ding 38 on 4x wizards + minstrel on alb/excal :)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I lost all the armour/weapons/jewerly on my Vampiir.. but the inventory and vault remain intact.

I know the names of the armour and weapons, but not the jewerly.. but I guess I can replace that.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Warrior - Totally stripped
SM - Totally stripped
Savage - Totally stripped.

Shaman/BD/Healer/SB - Totally fine.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Most of mine are ok, but lost everything on my cleric (so I'll not be running ML7/8 group steps with him this week), and my Heretic and Reaver (which I was planning to concentrate on levelling during the good /freelevel times).

The Heretic hadn't even logged in for about 2-3 months !

I guess the reaver wasn't completely stripped - but the level 10 Animist cloth doesn't really suit him

Darzil

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Hunter and Berserker Totaly stripped.

It sukz to lose items worth over 500p on both chrs... i think all tha have lost all items know that by now..

GL to all to get it back and i hope to you all that you all will get it back.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
One thing im worried about is what happens if many of us are given platina for lost items, and there isnt enough items on the "market". it will be a crazy inflation unless goa puts up some npcs that sells the most common equipment like ml9 drops etc. i mean why would anyone spend time farming and equipping other players chars for the old prices if everyone runs around with 100 extra platina.

to me it seemes that everyone has several characters with missing items. some people i spoken with doesnt seem to care. they speak about playing excalibur or other chars instead. they dont want to spend playtime with writing letters to rightnow, and i unbderstand them. but in whole prydwen loses alot of spent PvE time because of this.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
I lost my lvl 20 (campbot) minstrels's drum, so I can't get speed.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
one thing i was thinking bout, i'm gunna assume that ofc the housing zones in the cluster won't be merged and i'm also assuming that ofc ppl can go between each servers housing zones... wouldn't that mean that exc players are gunna be farming the shit we need ready for us then sell it at a higher price

if i was an exc player i know i'd be farming the hell out of ml9 ect and hold the stuff back till the cluster comes and put it on for a nice high price

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know if other have seen the same, but in my wife's case, and mine, it was the last characters to be created on the account that lost everything. Three in my case and two in hers.

Oh, I guess I'll not hear for a while - call 753 of the day.

Darzil

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Checked all my chars on both accounts, and it was only a lowly /level 20 Healer standing in Modernagrav in full chain ROGs who had been stripped. Phew.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Not terrible...

A bit upset about the sorc (48) who's been stripped but the other two characters I'll cope with...

Right now here I come :(

foreing

Fledgling Freddie
all gear gone on 1 char,and i got no memery of what it was exept arti's.
any1 knows if they can restore it all or just arti's and the things ppl can remember?

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
I decided to take a month break or moore when pryd came down ( not cause of the downtime already made my mind up before ) and subs ran out during the DT of the serv. Hope they replace my items when i return in mebbe 1-2 months...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Checked my BD,RM & healer and all seem fine.

I have to be honest I was a little bit tense earlier.

I do have to re-raise the point that someone mentioned earlier. If DAOC is based upon any reasonable database technology and not some lame ass flat file setup.

Then a comparision between the current and backup, by account, character, character slots, inventory would have highlighted inconsistencies. Since you would drive the query from the latest version (Since that has the most uptodate characters) and compare backwards.

I would be very surprised if artifact items were not specially identifiable within the item database, so the initial compares would just look for artifact mismatches. Where on a users current chars, do I have no artifacts where last weeks backup has an artifact.

Obviously just checking in the inventory/vault for stored artifacts.

So tbh honest its not really that impressive support given the problem has been out there for 10 days and prep work could have been done. Given we knew and was stated that long ago, that we had item issues. Then queries should have been written.

The problem is not so much the artifacts, which have known stats, but the crafted items which were created to make a complete suit.

Buddha_dasa

Fledgling Freddie
Stripped Chars

1 lvl 50 Necro is fine
My Hertic lvl38 and armsman lvl33 have been completely stripped.

I'm furious, my password doesn't work for rightnow but I can log on to the game fine.

So, I've lost everything from the chars I wanted to play with, I haven't got a clue what equipment they had apart from it was pretty damned good and I had just spent nearly a plat of stuff for my heretic. I can't report until at least tommorow because my password doesn't work and my chars will probably be absolutely useless during the time they are offering compensation bonuses.

Time for a new game to play I think.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Lost everything on my Skald and warrior but since I played Excal the last 3 months I have little memory of what I lost except the really good items, ofcourse my skald was also my vaultbot so loads of stuff there I will never get back due to not remembering. :(

Sucks

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Buddha_dasa said:
1 lvl 50 Necro is fine
My Hertic lvl38 and armsman lvl33 have been completely stripped.

I'm furious, my password doesn't work for rightnow but I can log on to the game fine.

So, I've lost everything from the chars I wanted to play with, I haven't got a clue what equipment they had apart from it was pretty damned good and I had just spent nearly a plat of stuff for my heretic. I can't report until at least tommorow because my password doesn't work and my chars will probably be absolutely useless during the time they are offering compensation bonuses.

Time for a new game to play I think.

I found I needed to use small letters... No capitol letters in the login name to get in

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Don't know if other have seen the same, but in my wife's case, and mine, it was the last characters to be created on the account that lost everything. Three in my case and two in hers.

Oh, I guess I'll not hear for a while - call 753 of the day.

Darzil

Actually the last one to be created on my account was also the one to be stripped I think

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
mythic says:
You should send a detailed report of what is missing from your character through RightNow, using the category 'In Game Problems' and the sub-category 'Lost Items'. In your report list the name of your character and the items that are missing as far as you are able. Please be as specific as possible and refer to items by their names rather than a description (i.e. say 'Silksteel Cinder-Tainted Sleeves' rather than 'Volcanus caster sleeves'). If you have lost an artifact which can be activated in different varieties (e.g. most weapons, Ceremonial Bracer etc), then please mention which type you activated it as. We will then check our records and will replace any genuine claim. Please note that it will be very easy for us to see fraudulent claims and should we recieve any of these they will be closed without a response.

well if they are going to check with logs what we claim to have is genuine... then JUST FUCKING CHECK THE LOGS AND GIVE US BACK EXACTLY WHAT WE HAD!!!!

Nicci

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't been able to check my account because it closed during the downtime, but i am just wondering if anyone lost money? Or is it 'only' items that are lost?

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Lost 2 rogs which been having on my inventory for ages so not big loss :p

Claudio

Fledgling Freddie
well if they are going to check with logs what we claim to have is genuine... then JUST FUCKING CHECK THE LOGS AND GIVE US BACK EXACTLY WHAT WE HAD!!!![/QUOTE]
Cant agree more....They trying to cut corners, for sommit which they are responsible for...well atleast responsible to rectify. (There goes another fiver) :eek7: :mad:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Rep said:
that just made me think of something; if GOA can really check you are telling the truth when you rightnow missing items, why cant they just restore your missing items without you having to rightnow?

because if they have to look through all the vaults on all the characters u'd have to wait 3 months MORE for clustering.. and that is what u want?

atleast if u rightnow it they can check on the right avatar vault insted of trying to guess their way through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom