Fact So, for reference...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...a vasectomy is a remarkably painless and simple procedure. Until the anaesthetic wears off, then it feels like you've been kicked really hard in the bollocks. Its good to share.

DaGaffer

I'm in my 40s and have two kids. Not really.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*winces in sympathy pain*

TdC

how does that work when you bash the old bishop then? does like...dust and cobwebs come out? :(

DaGaffer

how does that work when you bash the old bishop then? does like...dust and cobwebs come out? :(

Good to see the information from your sex-ed classes back in the dark ages sank in. Normal, erm...fluids. No swimmers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll never have that done. No scalpels anywhere near my bits.

I don't have kids but I do like the idea that I may one day father a child from a one-night encounter with a rich hispanic underwear model who I've given a false name to...

..when I'm 90 :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fuck that. My mate told me about his experience, I was actually retching.

rynnor

Rockhound
The side effects dont make for good reading - diminished sexual desire, 1 in 3 chance of developing post vasectomy chronic pain, within a year your body will be producing antibodies to sperm and the backing up sperm forms little nodules called sperm granuloma, long term damage and shrinkage of the testicles.

Plus they are difficult to reverse and even if reversed sucessfully the sperm are never quite as healthy - loss of motility etc.

Fun Fun...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lulz. Way to make Gaff feel good there :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Horses for courses I suppose!

Not something I would have done, despite not wanting kids.

TdC

I'm thinking the swimmers don't like being spewed in to dank holes / socks / sandwiches and have created a conspiracy to keep themselves locked away :(

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wait 24 hrs for "the swelling!!!!" Oh and the random pain that feels like someone just kicked you in the balls for around the next six months. After that it's great

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the downsides of vasectomies have been traditionally underplayed - it gets bogged down in sexual politics and feminism - it is a lot simpler/more effective than female sterilisation but it is effectively permanent.

Also no one can predict the future - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7948690.stm

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have your plums turned a nice purple yet? Did you get a free shave out of it?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Rather pull out or condomise it, tbh. Anything involving scalpels is way too radical for my taste.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Just get a nice dose of gamma radiation. Sterilisation like a boss. Then you can bang the missus all day long with no worries. Except mutant ninja babies.

rynnor

Rockhound
Just get a nice dose of gamma radiation. Sterilisation like a boss. Then you can bang the missus all day long with no worries. Except mutant ninja babies.

That Mars flight would do it :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
Talking about bollocks for a change. Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, when did you have your first kid? I'm 34 and in the middle of a pre-midlifer.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would actually consider a bollock chop around 50, not before. So soon then for me :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Out of curiosity, when did you have your first kid? I'm 34 and in the middle of a pre-midlifer.
For me, 21, 2nd, 23.

DaGaffer

The side effects dont make for good reading - diminished sexual desire, 1 in 3 chance of developing post vasectomy chronic pain, within a year your body will be producing antibodies to sperm and the backing up sperm forms little nodules called sperm granuloma, long term damage and shrinkage of the testicles.

Plus they are difficult to reverse and even if reversed sucessfully the sperm are never quite as healthy - loss of motility etc.

Fun Fun...

Still less potential side effects than the "solutions" for women, and its a far less intrusive procedure. Just a case of weighing up the risks. And as my bollocks are absolutely massive anyway I can take a chance on a bit of shrinkage :)

I think the downsides of vasectomies have been traditionally underplayed - it gets bogged down in sexual politics and feminism - it is a lot simpler/more effective than female sterilisation but it is effectively permanent.

Also no one can predict the future - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7948690.stm

I actually know someone who's had it reversed twice! Which is fucking ludicrous frankly. As for predicting the future; I simply wouldn't want to have kids in my fifties - I don't think its particularly fair on them, I'm only just comfortable with the fact that I'm going to be pushing retirement age when mine are in college.

Finally - the NHS who will happily do the vasectomy wont fund the reversal unless in truly exceptional circumstances - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7433001.stm

I'm in Ireland; everything like this is done private anyway.

Have your plums turned a nice purple yet? Did you get a free shave out of it?

No, and I tend to keep a tidy environment down there anyway.Its still a bit uncomfortable (it really does feel like a kick in the nuts) but already much better than yesterday.

Didn't have my first until I was 44. My mid-life crisis was fairly spectacular.

rynnor

Rockhound
I actually know someone who's had it reversed twice! Which is fucking ludicrous frankly. As for predicting the future; I simply wouldn't want to have kids in my fifties - I don't think its particularly fair on them, I'm only just comfortable with the fact that I'm going to be pushing retirement age when mine are in college.

It depends on what you mean by reversing it - you can surgically reverse it but it doesnt always mean fertility returns.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7948820.stm

Nowadays they reccomend you store a sperm sample first in case you wanted anymore kids.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It depends on what you mean by reversing it - you can surgically reverse it but it doesnt always mean fertility returns.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7948820.stm

Nowadays they reccomend you store a sperm sample first in case you wanted anymore kids.
Someone in my family tried to have it reversed and it didn't work, unfortunately he didn't store any sperm in the freezer.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I've got loads of sperm in my freezer, not to use at a later date for kids mind, just a hobby

*too much?*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom