Snacks

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm hooked on these at the moment:
200_rowntrees_sour_pastilles-200x200.JPG

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My local video store does popcorn like in the cinema, om nom nom rented Limitless and The Eagle last night watched em on the 42 inch with my large popcorn and can of coke, absolute heaven :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
My local video store does popcorn like in the cinema, om nom nom rented Limitless and The Eagle last night watched em on the 42 inch with my large popcorn and can of coke, absolute heaven :D

our local video shop went bust, online/rental killed it :/

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Glass bottle > Fountain Coke > Can > Plastic Bottle > Giant Plastic bottle that has been open for a week

IMO :p

Glass bottles are hideously expensive though (and so wee :( )

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Chinese store near mine sell these:

oScRK.jpg

Cheaper and better than them Mikado thingies.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chinese store near mine sell these:

oScRK.jpg

Cheaper and better than them Mikado thingies.

Any hyrdogenated fat in them? It is very commonplace is chinese snacks, cheapest form of fat there is and gives the product a longer shelf life. If not, stock up! :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
those chocolate breadstick things are lush
i used to eat a shitload of em when i lived in hong kong, never saw them over here till recently(ish)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Glass bottle > Fountain Coke > Can > Plastic Bottle > Giant Plastic bottle that has been open for a week

IMO :p

Glass bottles are hideously expensive though (and so wee :( )

They're the same size as the cans and can be bought for £3 for 6, so 50p each. Not hugely expensive that way.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Any hyrdogenated fat in them? It is very commonplace is chinese snacks, cheapest form of fat there is and gives the product a longer shelf life. If not, stock up! :D
Most likely, MSG too prob, taste that way, quite nice and addictive but thai's don't have to write it on it.

How much are they in the UK? I get them for about 28p in 7 eleven.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They're the same size as the cans and can be bought for £3 for 6, so 50p each. Not hugely expensive that way.

I love the bottles and yep buying them in bulk makes them fairly reasonable, infact if you know people in the pub trade you can buy them buy the crate for nearly half that price.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Most likely, MSG too prob, taste that way, quite nice and addictive but thai's don't have to write it on it.

How much are they in the UK? I get them for about 33p in 7 eleven.

Mkado cost about 89p a pop iirc, we only seem to get the basic ones in the UK as well. On the continent they do mint choc and pistachio which are fucking lush!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
My girlfriend's dad works for Coke, but they're the other (wrong) side of London. Otherwise I'd be hitting them up for STUPIDLY cheap drinks. Like, really, really REALLY cheap. Cheaper than your pikey faves Aldi and Lidl. :D

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
That's the thing that surprised me when I first came here, Coke(offical brands) is 50p for 1.5l bottle, it's like 1.20 ....

Wtf? How much profit is made in the UK .....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
My girlfriend's dad works for Coke, but they're the other (wrong) side of London. Otherwise I'd be hitting them up for STUPIDLY cheap drinks. Like, really, really REALLY cheap. Cheaper than your pikey faves Aldi and Lidl. :D

And half the price of your overpriced nancyboy pisswater at Waitrose?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That's the thing that surprised me when I first came here, Coke(offical brands) is 50p for 1.5l bottle, it's like 1.20 ....

Wtf? How much profit is made in the UK .....

Massive amounts but they spend bajillions on advertising to keep brand dominance. You can actually get some decent own brand colas these days for under 50p for 2 litres, as mixers they are great and ice cold they are perfectly decent. Warm is when they have issues, warm Pepsi/Coca-cola is passable but the cheap cola's tend to be grim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom