Smite Cleric Looking for some 1 vs 1 action.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Get battler as weap and staff of gods 2h for 1:30min stealthlore. Battler/Warguard/BoF3 stacking should be good for some comedy. Should be really nice solo toon, nm 1v1, should be able to kill multiple melee, just bit weak vs casters with no aoe interrupt or ranged cc.

4 sec cast time aoe smite !!!

9 sec stun !

and give star of destiny less than 4p plze...

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Maeloch said:
Get battler as weap and staff of gods 2h for 1:30min stealthlore. Battler/Warguard/BoF3 stacking should be good for some comedy. Should be really nice solo toon, nm 1v1, should be able to kill multiple melee, just bit weak vs casters with no aoe interrupt or ranged cc.
asdf hits u for 300
asdf hits u for 300
battler !
warguard!
BoF!
asdf hits u for 1! :worthy: 27+19+25+30=oO

Zede

Part of the furniture
How does one counter run through abuse ?

I cast moc on some vamp called tatl ( after a few mins of melee), and in 30 seconds, i only landed a spell on him twice. I was spamming >face and smiting, yet 8/10 times he was not in view.

Im new to this soloing thing, but is this the norm.. ? to win through blatent abuse of the fact our bodies are not solid ?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
How does one counter run through abuse ?

I cast moc on some vamp called tatl ( after a few mins of melee), and in 30 seconds, i only landed a spell on him twice. I was spamming >face and smiting, yet 8/10 times he was not in view.

Im new to this soloing thing, but is this the norm.. ? to win through blatent abuse of the fact our bodies are not solid ?
Use Pbaoe mezz,get some distance stun and nuke :)
as ur dexterity is quite low compared to other casters its hard to land a nuke on a target that is using run through tactics

Gnarag

Fledgling Freddie
In all fairness, my hot healed me faster than your smites could take my health down anyway... Finished both fights with all my abilities up except charge.

But if you really don't like my playstyle then why instigate a second fight with me? I am happy to just leave you be, as with anyone else that doesn't want to fight me.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Gnarag said:
In all fairness, my hot healed me faster than your smites could take my health down anyway... Finished both fights with all my abilities up except charge.

But if you really don't like my playstyle then why instigate a second fight with me? I am happy to just leave you be, as with anyone else that doesn't want to fight me.

As im new to solo fighting, i asked all my friends on msn about this.

The most common answer was "its lame"

yer so leave me be, personally i dont want to fight "lame" game mechanics abusing players.

ps. i was just testing melee on you, i never fired pbaoe snare or pbaoe insta mez in either fight :), and that last fight ditto, all i hit was rr5.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
u couldnt have had much up when i fought u tbh
no moc no nada only saw rr5 and a instant

Sexeh little lurikeen silverhand at peninsuela :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Sarumann said:
u couldnt have had much up when i fought u tbh
no moc no nada only saw rr5 and a instant

Sexeh little lurikeen silverhand at peninsuela :)

eh ?

oh whats is name, started with an E ? my brother and his missus came round, just hit rr5 went melee and spoke to my bro :p

Lisaliten

One of Freddy's beloved
never face a target in melee, use the mouse to pan around when they run through... Its not as if it's hard.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Lisaliten said:
never face a target in melee, use the mouse to pan around when they run through... Its not as if it's hard.
face works you just need to time the face when then nuke goes off.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive fought about 10 ppl so far, most of them being close fights, the only way i have even a chance of winning if if i moc ( only doing like 300-120 dam).

tatl is the ONLY player i have come across that seems to be a real expert at abusing this (as it appears) run through/hiding in body game mechanic.

So gratz to game mechanic abuse m8zor tatl, and respect to those players who play the game like it should be played.

am i talking shite here, as in is this such a "common" way to win a fight ?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Zede said:

Pretty much everyone does this against a moc'ing "caster".

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Zede said:
tatl is the ONLY player i have come across that seems to be a real expert at abusing this (as it appears) run through/hiding in body game mechanic.

So gratz to game mechanic abuse m8zor tatl, and respect to those players who play the game like it should be played.

Every melee does it, I mean like 95%+. Can spam hit face so it keeps updating or look to the side and manually pan slightly each way when casting and take advantage of 180 degree casting arc. Neither works absolutely and just have to accept you will only get a percentage of casts off, best and only defense is making sure nothing every stays or gets to melee and use ur CC.

Forgot about smite aoe, god knows been nuked enuff by it off those fucking templar priestess.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
fought you a few days ago on my valk Conspiracy but couldnt get a fight with lxn and his 3 mates being nice guys rl :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
so you want to fight 1v1s vs the people you have spent the last few years zerging down. lol
It's ok, the bad man won't touch you with his special mace again...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
Ive fought about 10 ppl so far, most of them being close fights, the only way i have even a chance of winning if if i moc ( only doing like 300-120 dam).

Sadly this is commonplace, best thing to do is dump a cc of some kind into him and get distance, smite a few times, then stun as they get close and get more distance or stun and smite. The longer you can keep a vamp from touching you the worse state theyre in remember...

Zede

Part of the furniture
Agrigo said:
fought you a few days ago on my valk Conspiracy but couldnt get a fight with lxn and his 3 mates being nice guys rl :)

damn good fight that, think both of us on 5% before the twatty albs intervened :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
I give up, after watching Bradlex dance like a fuckin fairy for 5 minutes to avoid getting hit, all the loser did was run in and out of people. He could run a L50 rr1 using those tactics and still beat who ever he cares to beat.

sorry..I know im kinda "out in the cold" here.. ( it is the norm after all)but where is the skill in this ??? Is it not possible for people to just use their skills and abilities as provided ?

really tatl & bradlex should have a fight.................it would never end.

Im respeccing back to enhance. Ive got 99% of my RPs in groups, and im going back to that. I never realised this way to win was so prevalent. Im amazed people even bother playing a soloer when this all it boils down to whether you win or lose.

Whine over, L43 Druid Lfg

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kinag said:
Pretty much everyone does this

fixed the quote ;) unless my armsman counts as a mocing caster (hrm maybe that crossbow damage is too scary after all..)

But Zede - apparently all daoc is is skilless button mashing if you don't spend your entire time online running through your opponent and pirouetting.
(because of course pressing movement keys isn't button mashing)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
damn good fight that, think both of us on 5% before the twatty albs intervened :(
Fear my cl buffs and d/q charge :p

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
I give up, after watching Bradlex dance like a fuckin fairy for 5 minutes to avoid getting hit, all the loser did was run in and out of people. He could run a L50 rr1 using those tactics and still beat who ever he cares to beat.

sorry..I know im kinda "out in the cold" here.. ( it is the norm after all)but where is the skill in this ??? Is it not possible for people to just use their skills and abilities as provided ?

Im respeccing back to enhance. Ive got 99% of my RPs in groups, and im going back to that. I never realised this way to win was so prevalent. Im amazed people even bother playing a soloer when this all it boils down to whether you win or lose.

1) Isn't it "skills" moving rather than clicking moc, nook nook nook?

2) If you've gotten 99% of your rps in groups, by all means go back to it - I would never expect people I've zerged for the past million rps to suddenly leave me alone when I showed up without my friends.

3) If you're that new to the solo'ing, meleefight whatever you wanna call it, maybe there's a reason, it's probably not a thing for you.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:

Think i'll say lol.

If your gonna moc on me then im gonna use run through tbh, not gonna stand around while your hitting me for 150 dmg or what ever it was. And to abd when you came back the second time, you got the armsman to come and try kill me, but i still killed both of you. Think 2v1 with you healing him requires some tactics. Remembering rr11 cleric and rr5 arms or what ever it was v just me. But o well thanks for the rp's.

And lol at all those other albs that i killed. Had a pile of bodies about 9 deep lol.

BB what ever your name is, go back to zerging or what ever you do. :p you quit soloing preety fast lol im quite impressed.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Havent fought brad or tatl on my smitzor (would prolly looose though since i am only rr5) but i try evoding them getting too close to me. MoC is good for when those pesky Vamp mist is on me and i need to start nuking. You need a temp build for solo smiting also to get you additional toys.

Edit i am a brition with 15 dex in creation so with 101 dex in temp, aug dex 5 and new dex cap item i can get 379 if my calc isnt wrong :) fear the DPS :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
brad said:
Think i'll say lol.

If your gonna moc on me then im gonna use run through tbh, not gonna stand around while your hitting me for 150 dmg or what ever it was. And to abd when you came back the second time, you got the armsman to come and try kill me, but i still killed both of you. Think 2v1 with you healing him requires some tactics. Remembering rr11 cleric and rr5 arms or what ever it was v just me. But o well thanks for the rp's.

And lol at all those other albs that i killed. Had a pile of bodies about 9 deep lol.

BB what ever your name is, go back to zerging or what ever you do. :p you quit soloing preety fast lol im quite impressed.

You are too daft to counter a MoC'ing Cleric with all the tools you have, but I am not suprised.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
If your gonna moc on me then im gonna use run through tbh, not gonna stand around while your hitting me for 150 dmg or what ever it was.

Thats exactly what made me quit solo'ing on my Infil, walk-through twats like yourself.

MoC is a realm ability, if he MoCs, you can get Realm Abilities to counter it, like The Empty Mind or IP ?

Abusing walk-through and strafing around is fucking silly, and it totally ruins the solo action in this game.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Jarahl said:
Thats exactly what made me quit solo'ing on my Infil, walk-through twats like yourself.

MoC is a realm ability, if he MoCs, you can get Realm Abilities to counter it, like The Empty Mind or IP ?

Abusing walk-through and strafing around is fucking silly, and it totally ruins the solo action in this game.

Or alters it from clikcing 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 on your keyboard thinking it's skills when you own someone with moc.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Beltorak said:
Havent fought brad or tatl on my smitzor (would prolly looose though since i am only rr5) but i try evoding them getting too close to me. MoC is good for when those pesky Vamp mist is on me and i need to start nuking. You need a temp build for solo smiting also to get you additional toys.

Edit i am a brition with 15 dex in creation so with 101 dex in temp, aug dex 5 and new dex cap item i can get 379 if my calc isnt wrong fear the DPS
hey m8 nice fight there :p zzz someonee stole my solo kills with the last hit :p
btw nerf moc heal/smite :p

xryy the ns ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom