simple solution to buffbotts

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
Differentiate the service by implementing a Premium account where you get the whole enchilada and pay twice a regular account

I don't agree. On the one hand you'll be rewarding those who can afford double the subs, but may be viewed by many to be penalising those who can't or won't pay extra. IMO, once you've paid your subs, you get the full package. Playing a computer game should not require means testing as a pre-requisite to getting what we've already got.

And why stop at buff bots ? You can only get beyond 40th level if you pay double the subs. Or each time you get a horse, your credit card is debited with 50 cents.

As much as I love DAOC, if they start Premiere Accounts, I'll go look for a game where everyone can play on an equal basis.

:cheers:

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
We all managed without one whent he game first came out, didn't we ?

But if people want to buy two accounts, they can do what they like with either account. There's no rule against rolling a cleric, keeping him at a PK, and leaving him there. Mythic don't give a shit if you play the game 20 hours a day, 20 hours a year, or whether you run yourself silly in RVR or do nothing but sit down and chat.

If you want, you can buy 7 other accounts, make 7 level 50 stealthers, have them /stick to your main tank (who is wearing wizard robes), wander in Emain, then when Mids rush at you in glee thinking you a solo spell caster, they'll get a surprise when you start hitting them for 500, but an even bigger surprise when your seven stealthed groupies kick their ass from nowhere !

I don't like BB's, but what da gonna do ?

Forget about it.

:cheers:

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
... Now I have 3 accounts.....

I mean you need 2 accounts if you want to swap stuff over from alt to alt. This was the reason I had 2 accounts in the first place. And please don't say about asking for help cos if you have crafters on one you are going to be screaming for help all the damn time - sod that. After all this time you still can't do this without help which is absolutely pathetic in my eyes.....

Interesting.
People pay double (or triple) in real money each month for a thing everyone can have with a piece of terrain (1P) a cottage (1P) a vault (1P) : 3P of in-game money.

That says a lot........

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
I have you SO beat seagul :p

some guy on my serv runs in thid with 4 fire wizzys and a minst all plugged into the same kb. can't tell you how many times that jerkoff has spam pwned me

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
Interesting.
People pay double (or triple) in real money each month for a thing everyone can have with a piece of terrain (1P) a cottage (1P) a vault (1P) : 3P of in-game money.

That says a lot........

Pfft...it's more like 7p because the place just looks SO barren and you end up decorating it all ^^

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
3p?

You mean after you have spent 3p on a bit of land a cottage and a vault space all your alts can then access the same items?

Oh well I should have considered that for sure if that is the case. Never been well organized with such things.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, you can even get your own crafting aparatus and craft merchants. definately worth the purchase

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Got to agree with the people who want to beef up alchemy potions. But make them last a few hours instead (depending on skill) and make them as effective as red buffs. There will still be a benefit for those with buffbots (they won't have to rely on these potions) and a potion still wont last for hours if you die first.

But seriously.. make stat buff potions last for 3-4 hours, and a little more expensive to make (further up the skill tree perhaps?). Makes death hurt a little more too in that you need to gulp down a new potion. :drink:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
. At the end of the day you have been persuaded to pay twice for on service, and the fact that you dont see it yourself is quite illuminating for people that market goods for the masses, you are simply the perfect customer. :)

Ive paid twice, and I see that, but thats the way I want it. I get twice as much as others, if not more so...

After a year or more of playing with no BB, I invested in a secound account and rolled druid + manachanter. I leveld both characters together in half the time it would have taken me solo, and I got both to 50. I then farmed galla where I got enough cash to buy the house I wanted and every other item for that matter.
When it comes to leveling my artifacts I have red buffs and fop.
Now when I goto rvr solo or grouped I get capped buffs every time.
I may have paid twice, but now im twice as effective at farming, I earn twice the amount I could in less time and I get capped buffs when I rvr. Well worth the paltry subscription to save those real life hours...

punchy

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
not made of cash people? its like £16 a month, i can afford that and im a student ffs :p

get a part time job working weekends or something, its like 3-4 hours work at much even at 16 :eek:

1/2 hours work when you're nearly 30 :clap:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
lol, i didnt expect the thread to go this big

wooooot me :D

:clap:

Frairtuk

Fledgling Freddie
back to the bots

:)

Go albion...make the friar, enjoy the friar! :drink:

Tuk.

"use my name in vain once more and ill make rush hour longer"
- God

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Never mix up real economy with in game economy issues. It lookes like same of course since game is made to look as real as possible. but in real life you can always steal or become a criminal if you dont like the economic system... or make revolution or something. In daoc its impossible to steal, slavery is ok and there is no taxes, if we dont like it we can quit, not same as in real life :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom