simple solution to buffbotts

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
why dont mythic introduce a buffbott npc at the teleport keeps in each RvR zone or border gate which give the player a choice of 6 buffs for free so they dont have to go into RvR totally gimped as hell vs the other 200000 buffbotts. Ofc these buffs would be mid lvl <yellow con> so as people who have specced red buffs or have buffbotts would still have a use for thiers, but would make it better for the casual , not made of cash people who dont own one..

read this post mythic :p

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
why dont mythic introduce a buffbott npc at the teleport keeps in each RvR zone or border gate which give the player a choice of 6 buffs for free so they dont have to go into RvR totally gimped as hell vs the other 200000 buffbotts. Ofc these buffs would be mid lvl <yellow con> so as people who have specced red buffs or have buffbotts would still have a use for thiers, but would make it better for the casual , not made of cash people who dont own one..

best sugestion is that buffs have a range that way people have to drag there BB's with them or leave them at a safe place

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Cause then people wouldnt need buffbots so much, and mythic and goa would lose $$$, so they wouldnt dare nerf buffbots :)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
they put AOE buffs in to solve this problem, however only being 50% effective makes them relatively useless as you are still at a huge disadvantage - and have no bases.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Cause then people wouldnt need buffbots so much, and mythic and goa would lose $$$, so they wouldnt dare nerf buffbots

That is a pricing/marketing matter really. Differentiate the service by implementing a Premium account where you get the whole enchilada and pay twice a regular account. Put few mid range buff options on a new account service for those that want some but not need to max everything at midprice and voila problem solved.

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
still.. this would be like ridiculing chars like wardens and friars even further

fortunefish

Banned
limit buffs per player :) ie have a indivdual player conc

eg.

cleric/druid/shammy has no conc... only the players themselves have a limit to say ... 5 buffs ?

that way a cleric siting at apk boared can buff everyone they see and maby the guild or maby even a whole alliance could be limited to one buffbot.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
>Cause then people wouldnt need buffbots so much, and mythic and goa would lose $$$, so they wouldnt dare nerf buffbots

That is a pricing/marketing matter really. Differentiate the service by implementing a Premium account where you get the whole enchilada and pay twice a regular account. Put few mid range buff options on a new account service for those that want some but not need to max everything at midprice and voila problem solved.

Aye its a pricing/maketing matter, like most/all games companise these guys are out to make money. At the moment we have exactly the system you list, for the premium account you buy the game and subscribe twice. Launching, maintaing and supporting two copies of the game would be far more expensive for mythic/goa.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
knighthood said:

not made of cash people? its like £16 a month, i can afford that and im a student ffs :p

get a part time job working weekends or something, its like 3-4 hours work at much even at 16 :eek:

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
not made of cash people? its like £16 a month, i can afford that and im a student ffs :p

get a part time job working weekends or something, its like 3-4 hours work at much even at 16 :eek:

you really dont get it, some people do not have the possibility's of having 2pc's in their home, yet alone afford it, also, you will need to buy a new copy af Daoc for your "so called buffbot". you say you are a student, and maby you still live at you'r parrents, witch often leaves a student with more money to use than a working guy with a own apartment and maby a car to get to work. the fact is the way "Buff's" work in Daoc is not "in line" with the game ballance, especially when considered the solo players and Stealthers in particular, and buffbot's strongly gimp the selfbuff classes in the game.
Mythic should and must put range on all consentration buffs and make them group required. IF players got buffs out of group, the buffs should be at ½ effect and on a 10 min duration end of story.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
jigsaw said:
best sugestion is that buffs have a range that way people have to drag there BB's with them or leave them at a safe place

so it would change from those that have them atm, to those with Bodyguard... wouldnt work tbh

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Didn`t everyone manage without one a few years back? :eek:
I dont remember anyone having a buffbot back then.

Ill never pay for two accounts, just not worth it I really dont need to be sooooooo uber, ffs its just a game!

But now Bots are here mythic will never get rid off them, as already stated Mythic are Reeling in the cash laughing all the way to the bank.

Its like a supermarket saying your only allowed 1 item per person :D

isnt gunna happen.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Gorrion said:
you really dont get it, some people do not have the possibility's of having 2pc's in their home, yet alone afford it, also, you will need to buy a new copy af Daoc for your "so called buffbot". you say you are a student, and maby you still live at you'r parrents, witch often leaves a student with more money to use than a working guy with a own apartment and maby a car to get to work. the fact is the way "Buff's" work in Daoc is not "in line" with the game ballance, especially when considered the solo players and Stealthers in particular, and buffbot's strongly gimp the selfbuff classes in the game.
Mythic should and must put range on all consentration buffs and make them group required. IF players got buffs out of group, the buffs should be at ½ effect and on a 10 min duration end of story.

<shrug> im all for making buffs ranged but saying that you cant afford a 2nd account is silly, and you can run 2 acc's on one PC (and PC's that can handle that are pretty cheap now too)

though i understand if you need to pay the high rent charged in some places (especially UK rent seems damn expensive for some reason) and pay for car etc etc, but i guess that means that your prioritys (which is probably a good thing :p ) lie elsewhere so you shouldnt really whine about not being able to afford £30 or whatever for the game CD's if you drive around in a fancy car :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Ofc these buffs would be mid lvl <yellow con> so as people who have specced red buffs or have buffbotts would still have a use for thiers, but would make it better for the casual , not made of cash people who dont own one..
Nonononono. Full range red top notch buffs from this npc, thus rendering all buffbots useless! :flame:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Just make Alchemy potions better and with more options. Create dex/qui and str/con potions that equal bb buffs, combo baseline str/dex/con/af potion into one potion, and have all these statbuff potions on a separate timer that refreshed very fast so you could buff up without having to wait a long time. And have them last at least 20min.

This would both make Alchemy more usefull and provide another gold/plat drain from the game (which is very much needed as the economy is suffering heavily from inflation atm). You could also use these in PvE, which is what i got my bb for (exping artifacts without bb = thelose).

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
from "friday news" Matt Friror :

"So what about Buffbots ?

It wouldn't be a day if I get out of here without having to answer a question about buffbots. To understand about buffbots you have to understand of course as I said two questions ago : Mythic isn't perfect. Of course we introduced this system where players acquire buffbots and get advantages over players who don't have buffbots. By the time we really realized how many people were doing this it of course was very widespread.
Now we are in a situation where some people love buffbots and most of you hate them. What we try to do is to make lots of little changes over time to make buffbots less attractive to people. If we just one day strike them down then the people that have loved to play buffbots of course won't play anymore and we don't want to make that huge change. We want to make them not appreciate the buffbots so much but still continue to play.
One example that we do to make buffbots less attractive : in Catacombs for example - we haven't released information about the classes yet - but I can tell you that the classes will be much less reliant on buffbots and on buffs in general. They will be a little more self-reliant, so with the new classes it won't be quite so necessary to have a buffbot so players of those classes can compete ; one example."

or in short: problem will not be solved instead you have to buy new expansions. If you want to play old classes you need to pay double supscription or die in rvr. more classes will be useless next expansion.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Yes and Matt friror is lieing, maybe he didnt know about it but sure as hell mythic have known about this along time and ignored it.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Money is the driver, and that is fair, Mythic is a Company.

So the balance is:
> Hardcore/Pro players have two accounts and pay double
> Casual players are frustrated for not beeing competitive and simply leave the game.

The question is: is the number of $$$ from casual players leaving bigger or smaller than the number of $$$ from harcore/pro multiple account?

I tbh don't have the answare. Mythic would prolly have figures and customer surveys and will use them to maximize incomes.

The fact that Frior is talking a lot now (and only now, never done before) about this topic means they feel that the problem exist.

I think the casual player basis will be stronger (in terms of $$$) on the long term, I think most of the Pro are annoyed by BBs (even if they own one), I think with WoW coming out Mythic will try to please his player base....
...but probably I am only dreaming.

Anyway I have ONE account and always will have and I still enjoy the game.
Is not a matter of money (I am adult and have a decent work), is a principle.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I think that the problem of players leaving because of this is alot bigger on european servers. probably because the player base is older here and many more play with shared or double accounts.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Better whack up the tuition fees then ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So the balance is:
> Hardcore/Pro players have two accounts and pay double
> Casual players are frustrated for not beeing competitive and simply leave the game.

alot of "casual" players have bots too though, i dont consider myself either of those groups because well, i play alot but i dont achieve alot :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
And alot of "casual" players can leach buffs from friends/guildies bb's etc. I always buff ppl if they ask and there is conc left on the bb. There are usually 10-20 bb's parked at mtk, they can each buff 20 buffs, thats around 200-400 buffs available.

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:

I /agree totally, self buff classes are a waste of time with so many BBs around. They should have a range on their buffs, simple as that. Mythic may think its gaining them extra cash with people having 2 accounts BUT how many people have quit the game because of it and how many put off buying it because they have heard about it??? LOTS.
People complain about their characters being gimped in one way or another, but cos of Buffbots we are all gimped. And we are costing each other money because of it.

Boni said:
Cause then people wouldnt need buffbots so much, and mythic and goa would lose $$$, so they wouldnt dare nerf buffbots :)

What he said :D if 1600-1800 players on a server atleast 25% of that will be buffbots :p they aint going to lose that

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Probably a silly idea, but to balance out buffs a bit, how would it be if spec buffs were changed to group only and ranged ? You'd still be able to have an afk buffbot, in rvr or pve, but you'd need to have them placed in harms way for the best buffs.

Darzil

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
I think that goa/mythic's idea for a "simple solution" would be taking action against the use of buffbots while doubling the subscription price, who's up for that?

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
you really dont get it, some people do not have the possibility's of having 2pc's in their home, yet alone afford it, also, you will need to buy a new copy af Daoc for your "so called buffbot".

People in this postition should proabaly be concerning themselves with other thing rather than playing games tbh. But hey lets not get into priorities in life, like work n shit eh!

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

£16 a month? Did subscription fees go up or something? I'm pretty sure that its £42 for 6 months, which works out at £7 a month. Or are you saying its £14 a month because you have 2 accounts?

Ormorof said:

I sympathise with university 18+students trying to afford to play and have enough money to get by. Been there, done that, albeit many years ago when things were easier than they are now. And many years ago, I was still strapped for cash. Of course, thats students at 18+, the under 18 market is a different matter entirely.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
An extra £8/month is pretty trivial really - I spend more than that on lunch most days. I would say most people with a job could afford the extra 25p per day to run a second account so money isn't really an argument. Even moreso in 1.70 when /clientsleep gets added allowing better running of two accounts on one comp.

Besides I really don't see it's such an issue - Mythic have stated they expect people to play buffed most of the time. If you decide to go RvRing without buffs you're either a stealther without a bot, or in a very gimped group. In the former case you just have to suck it up and either get a bot or deal with it. In the latter case, you should try getting half-decent groups, lets face it leaving the pk without any buff classes means you have no healers and you're going to get steamrollered within minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom