Show us Your Telly!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Obviously I am doing this thread because my set up is *almost* finished, I do seem to find something else each day but it is getting there. I have some tidying of the wires and I am waiting for my Xbox 360 optical lead so I can put that in but here is where its at right now -

telly1.JPG

telly2.JPG

and yes I do have a thing about blue lights :D. The lights behind the telly can be changed to different colours if need be. I absolutely hate the wire from the centre speaker but there is nothing I can do about that now. I did chisel out the wall and put the wires in before the plastering for the rear speakers. Wish I had thought of the centre speaker as well.

So I've shown you mine now show me yours.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd have to do a lot of tidying before I took a new pic.

1176113580_orig.JPG

Whipped

Part of the furniture
tv.jpg

This is the current setup, but I have all kinds of possibilities now that me and the missus are about to move into our new home :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
jesus whipped look at that wall of vhs tapes!

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
same amp as me, whipped! whats the funny lump on the 3rd port of the xbox?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
whats the funny lump on the 3rd port of the xbox?
I believe it's the DVD Playback Kit. The original Xbox didn't ship with all the media capabilities enabled like the 360 does, hence encouraging/forcing (delete as applicable :)) people to buy this accessory.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. You guys all have far too much money, ha :) That said, it all looks very nice; I particularly like your photos, Trem.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Correct, it's the little dongle that allows you to use the Xbox Remote. Very much needed for XMBC.

As for the VHS tapes, they have mostly been replaced with DVDs now, but you can only sell tapes for about 5p each in any cash converters. Every now and again I'll rip some of the better copies to DVD.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
DSC00660a.JPG

Watching the The Open at my place. Not the best "show off" material since it's a TV picture (it's an HD projector), but you get the idea.

How's the insanely big screen working out for you Nath? ;) Love it mate, love it.

Edit: for ref that's about 60"

Clown

Part of the furniture
Nothing will ever be as impressive as those Monsters Inc. photos. It actually made me go out and spend 2000 quid on shit :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing will ever be as impressive as those Monsters Inc. photos. It actually made me go out and spend 2000 quid on shit :)

lol - interestingly enough that's something that really spurred me on to go for it too. I mean I always wanted a decent projector but that gave me a massive nudge.

G - fucking LOVE my projector still, the novelty never fucking wears off. You say yours is a 60" screen or was that a typo. Reason I ask is from that picture it doesn't look much smaller than mine, and mines 106".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Nice gear you've all got, now could I please have your addresses and times where there will be no one at your homes? Hehe.

Nah, looks pretty good. I've actually been going over the idea for the last 1 1/2 years of how I'm going to try and have the same sort of setup when I'm older. Seems like a good plan. It's just learning how to get the projecter working etc. (I'll be spending a little more time on AVForums soon)

@Trem: The blue looks good, I'd get distracted though. So I'd need a slightly different colour. (Would depend on how the room was decorated though)

Trem

Apparently the lights behind the telly stop eye strain, sounds like bollocks to me I just like teh blue lights.

Room is kinda brownish I guess but equipment all has blue lights on it. I may try the red light.

The lights can also be set to change with sound from the telly but that would be annoying.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Those lights would do my head in. I tried watching one of those ambilight tellys, so fucking distracting. Looks cool in your pics though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Right you buggers. You have spurred me into action. For too long my hi-fi and TV have been separated on opposite sides of the room, I feel it's time for a change. I will take pics when done. I will warn you though, I'll be the only person here with a (non-widescreen) CRT as my main telly, so some of you will be able to remember what one of them looks like..... It's bloody huge for the size of room though.....

Trem

Go on bods, you can do ittttt!!

I have just got a black case with a blue light in for my Xbox 360 as well, fitting it tomorrow and more than likely put some decent thermal paste on the chips as well.

My front room is going to look like a whores sex room soon, a whore who likes blue lights instead of red.

Whipped - you have the same slippers as me and I'm dead old :D

Ch3t - Do you get any shadows left behind on your telly, after say the THX symbol has been on or your dvd screen saver/logo has been on? I think they go after a few seconds but its slightly worrying/annoying for such a new telly.

Trem

Well I'm living with your sister so if you just type her address for me I will confirm that is where I am, you best just confirm her phone number as well.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No I do not Trem, sounds like you have a problem with ghosting. It can be worringly hit and miss getting a LCD tv without issues these days.

Trem

You reckon I should return it?

Is this something that will get worse?

I want perfection tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You just spent a grand on a TV, if it does not work as you expect it to then do not just live with it.

Trem

Fucking hell its going to be a nightmare getting it off the wall and packing it up. Will ring Amazon/Sharp tomorrow :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My Panny with Flatout running on the 360 .. didnt freeze the picture so was a moving image heh

Attachments

• tv_one.JPG
    tv_one.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 27

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ch3t - Do you get any shadows left behind on your telly, after say the THX symbol has been on or your dvd screen saver/logo has been on? I think they go after a few seconds but its slightly worrying/annoying for such a new telly.

Image burn does happen on flat panel and generally goes away after the image is removed. How long you have the thx image up on the screen before it burns .. i guess it takes 30 or so mins to do that on the plasma

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sadly my camera is complete peice of shite taking stills, the video capture isn't so bad but I need a host for a 32mb .avi if anyone can advise please.

Trem

Image burn does happen on flat panel and generally goes away after the image is removed. How long you have the thx image up on the screen before it burns .. i guess it takes 30 or so mins to do that on the plasma

About 5 seconds maximum. It isn't like I am pausing it on the image, I am just watching the movie and its there.

Knew I should of got a Panny or Pioneer :eek:

Trem

Ermmmm......

Noticed it most watching a 720p of Star Wars from my Xbox 360 via VGA.

Although having said that my Oppo dvd player is through my amp then into the tv via HDMI and I notice the Oppo logo just as bad.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
could be a design feature of the set i guess

Not very good if you have to have an image up for that short a time for it to be burnt in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom