Shouldn't reavers have Det?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by scarffs
And I dont get why you paladins all complain so much.
You have weapon and shield spec, chants that are quite good and especially when twisting ( read : heal, armour, end regen )and an overpowered ra called faith healing.

Oh yes, paladins far more powerful then savages :eek:

Remove albs '"overpowered" RAs and you found yourself playing with yourself...

V

Vell

And I dont get why you paladins all complain so much.
You have weapon and shield spec, chants that are quite good and especially when twisting ( read : heal, armour, end regen )and an overpowered ra called faith healing.

Probably because a self-buffed Healer does more damage than a self-buffed Paladin, and the Healer also has more Hps. I would imagine that is the reason.

W

Waok

An unbuffed savage sucks.
Not that you would know of course...

No, the temptation to play easy mode is too strong.. honest..

W

Waok

I have been debuffed, and quad hitted by a savage and died, please don't give me this 'oohh im a savage, we never hit that hard'.. you know its coming and this isnt a savage whine thread, its about reavers..

BACK ON TOPIC.

J

Jonaldo

Savages need damage lowered by about 40% to be more in line with other tanks. They are overpowered.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Savages need damage lowered by about 40% to be more in line with other tanks. They are overpowered.

Utter toss - they've been nerfed back into line. They will need high-mend healers in group to stand a chance of surviving past the first kill if they use more than one self buff.

Savages are tanks. At the end of the day their only defence is parry and evade and their only offence is weapons. Name any hybrid that can say that. Reavers have a lot more tools at their disposal. Hance they are not tanks.

Move along now...

K

katt!

An unbuffed savage sucks.
Not that you would know of course...

THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER BUFFED IN RVR.

T

Telamon

Originally posted by svartmetall
Savages aren't hybrids.

You sure you read the MANUAL that comes with the SI Box?

:) ... States that Savages are HYBRIDS.

T

Telamon

Originally posted by Wij
Utter toss - they've been nerfed back into line. They will need high-mend healers in group to stand a chance of surviving past the first kill if they use more than one self buff.

Savages are tanks. At the end of the day their only defence is parry and evade and their only offence is weapons. Name any hybrid that can say that. Reavers have a lot more tools at their disposal. Hance they are not tanks.

Move along now...

And since Savages have no self buffs they are pure tanks.

S

scarffs

Originally posted by katt!
THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER BUFFED IN RVR.

I CAN READ NORMAL PRINT FINE THANK YOU.
And no, not everyone has a bot.
And this was part of a reply to a former post about unbuffed savages.

T

Telamon

When 7 other people benefit from your buffs, then it's effectively more powerful, by quite a big margin. Presumably I don't need to explain how 8 x 7.5 > 1 x 25.

-- Because all 4 are hitting in melee.
4 Savages = 4x25 > 4 pallies = 4(!)x7.5 (in hits .. coz pally chants are only stacking in heal) o_O sound good?
(Nerf Groups w 4 pallies in it :p)

Splitting the hair kind of fine there, aren't we? What you do affects the whole group, and you have a whole range of things you can do that, group OR self-only, a Savage can't do. And you have a Mana pool, we use HPs. You don't die if your Mana runs out. The fact that the things you can do affect anyone other than yourself, friend OR foe, puts them in a completely different class to what Savages can do.

-- No you don't die if the mana runs out, but you stand around for
a minute unlike some 'pure tanks w self buffs'

INFO: Pally chants use Endurance .. safe for the endurance chant
that uses power ofc.

*SavageUtilityWhineStuff*

-- Quad/Triple/Doublehits > Single Big hit for utiliy as interruption and bubble bursting goes imho[/B]

E

eynar

Originally posted by Telamon
You sure you read the MANUAL that comes with the SI Box?

:) ... States that Savages are HYBRIDS.

Now that's funny...I just read it completely and can't find anything about savages being hybrids. Here's what they say about savages: "The Savage is a fighter who disdains normal weapons in favor of hand-to-hand combat. Savages aren't interested in mastering the art of complicated weapons - instead they affix simple sharp, blunt, or piercing weapons to their hands and swing away."

So, did you make up any other stories to entertain us?

W

Wij

Originally posted by Telamon
And since Savages have no self buffs they are pure tanks.

That's the point. All they can do is trade greater offense/defense for less health. Savagery only effects the savage's own melee abailities. Much like vendo form. There is no hybrid in the game who can only do melee. Not one. NOT ONE. HYBRIDS CAN DO MORE THAN MELEE. SAVAGES CANNOT. :eek:

I think the point is sufficiently clear now :cool:

K

katt!

I CAN READ NORMAL PRINT FINE THANK YOU.
And no, not everyone has a bot.
And this was part of a reply to a former post about unbuffed savages.

HI! MEET /INVITE SHAMAN.

B

bult

det needs a serious nerf, or removing. The game dont look like it did when casters ruled so it would NOT be a problem. These days everyone got 50% ressist so casters would absolutely not be overpowered just because they can stop a tank for more then 5 seconds.

B

bult

One thing that really fucks up the balance of this game is that mythic most of the time seems to balance things going for a 1on1 perspective wich is VERY rare in this game. While non det tanks work 1on1 were thier spells really do mean they can interupt etc and the current heavy tanks will have a hard time vs casters because they cant interupt them from range. BUT all this changes in a group were tanks dont need to interupt anything since they got other ppl in the group that can do that for them. In groups atm i would say most hybrids are alot worse then the heavy/light tanks even WITHOUT det because of lower dmg/hp add det to it and u got a very unbalanced game. Overpowered damage > any silly hybrid ability.

Anyway as a 44 mind specc sorc it really hurts me to see tanks moving after standing still for like 10 sec followed by me getting insta ganked.

S

scarffs

Originally posted by katt!
HI! MEET /INVITE SHAMAN.

1. You have a capslock problem.
2. You have a communication disorder.

Fix those and we might be able to exchange thoughts.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Eleasias
No they shouldnt, they are near the overpowered border as it is, giving them det would only make a new savage, not having det is whats keeping them in check atm.

yibb, same with vw to an extent

O

old.Ramas

As I understand it, Det was introduced because without it, casters were massively overpowering in RvR...it was put there to give pure tanks a chance of survival against what casters can do, not least because they can usually do it at range.

No, Det was introduced because without 26+24% resists, IP, insta ranged interrupts on the the vast majority of classes, ever better weapon procs, cc radius falloff, cc immunity timers, spell-crafted armour, and the rise of buffbots tanks were underpowered.

Unfortuntely all the rest of the above was added at about the same time as det, which is why tanks are overpowered

P

Pin

Originally posted by -gama-
Savage's 'damage add' is 25% NOT 25DPS, so with a 16.5 dps weapon, thats... 4.125DPS

7.5x8 > 4.125

cool. you realise that 4.1dps increase is on base damage. that dps is modified your stats and skills level and increased further by styles. it is then reduced by opponent's armour, etc, etc.

25% boost will actually work out to something like 100dps boost. per savage - so say +300dps.

A paladin damage add raises damage on melee chars in the group. And the net gain is errrr... about +50dps if 5 chars in melee.

And in case you couldn't work this out:

300 > 50

P

Pin

And no, Reavers should in no way get Determination. That would be sick.

I'd like a snare effect on Asp though please :D

E

evilknight

Get rid of Det and lower the duration of CC spells(duration on enemies from other realms, not PvE)..that's the only way I can think of atm that doesn't fuck up the game

S

scarffs

Originally posted by Pin
cool. you realise that 4.1dps increase is on base damage. that dps is modified your stats and skills level and increased further by styles. it is then reduced by opponent's armour, etc, etc.

25% boost will actually work out to something like 100dps boost. per savage - so say +300dps.

A paladin damage add raises damage on melee chars in the group. And the net gain is errrr... about +50dps if 5 chars in melee.

And in case you couldn't work this out:

300 > 50

Test it yourself, the damage add buff is now just useful and won't be used after the nerf, not by me anyway.
And it sure as hell isnt modified by styles or anything, just a bit of added damage.

L

Lavernac

one thing ur forgetting classes of each realm arent ment to be compared

P

Pin

Test it yourself, the damage add buff is now just useful and won't be used after the nerf, not by me anyway.
And it sure as hell isnt modified by styles or anything, just a bit of added damage.

The DPS buff increases base damage by 25% (or whatever level you have - top one is 31.25%).

Style damage is a multiple of base damage, so if base damage is increased, so is style damage.

If you're saying that 25% extra damage for 15 seconds is not going to be worth 200hp to you, then cooooool :D I hope every other savage stops using that and the haste buff. Cos they're the things that are insta-killing my Sorc atm.

O

ormorof

Originally posted by old.Elfslayer
Det should be removed full stop. Mezz/stun/root durations are pretty low any way, I tend to find. I can no longer see any reason why "pure tanks" or any other class for that matter require it. It is now almost impossible for most casters to kill a tank at range, and once in range your tank food.

thats not quite true, my runie still owns most tanks 1vs1, but i suppose for classes w/o speed they have a massive disadvantage as they can just keep running and rooting every time tank gets near :p

basically all i do is bolt, bolt, root, they purge if they can, i sprint, wait for speed, run around for a minute so immunity timer wears off, root again, debuff, nuke, nuke, nuke, tank uses IP, i run around for another minute, root again, debuff, nuke, nuke, nuke, run/qc nuke (depending on tanks hp), tank dead unless its a pally with FH active, that means i have to run abit longer :D

btw for reference im one of those overpowered darkcarvers that sets your cold resist to -50% ( lets me nuke for 544 damage with baseline+ MoM) might get WA.......

N

Ninari_N00b

<icantbelieveihavetospellthisoutagain>

The only way Savages can affect other players is by hitting them, therefore they are tanks. Unique tanks, but tanks nonetheless.

If we could buff/heal/rez/lifetap/debuff/DOT/AOE/snare at range/disease other players, we might be hybrids...but we can't. Actually, we can't do any of that fancy hybrid stuff at all. All we do is hit people.

So we're tanks.

Simple, really.

</icantbelieveihavetospellthisoutagain>

So Rangers should have det? :D ...... Scouts?, Infil's, want me to go on? ......... think it thru before u make up some lame definition of a tank/hybrid...... i see 1000's of definitions each day, funnily each designed to suit the needs of the poster :)

K

katt!

I dunno why tardmetall bothers to post stuff here, he gets laughed at EVEN at vnboards ;/

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Ninari_N00b
So Rangers should have det? :D ...... Scouts?, Infil's, want me to go on? ......... think it thru before u make up some lame definition of a tank/hybrid...... i see 1000's of definitions each day, funnily each designed to suit the needs of the poster :)

well according to svart rangers and scouts can do ranged attack, so root doesnt bother them to much. Also they have stealth so actually getting mezzed\rooted is less of a matter for them then for all other classes.

And there are some slight issues where to put a few classes like bards, wardens and savage. However I dont think anyone mind putting champions, valewalker, frair, paladin, reaver and thane as hybrids. Doesnt really matter how you define hybrids precisely, only matters which classes are hybrids in the end.
Now bards and wardens can be seen as support or sort of hybrids as they can spec weapons, but hardly ever do this. Also savages is a slight issue as some think savagery are spells and other think its more like a line that gives you abilities similar to moose or vendo.
Anyway there are probably 5 different definitions out trying to claim/disclaim savages/bards being hybrids or not. It doesnt really matter though, mythic stated that they want savages to be tanks and in the end only mythics view counts :).

L

Lumikki

Originally posted by ormorof
thats not quite true, my runie still owns most tanks 1vs1, but i suppose for classes w/o speed they have a massive disadvantage as they can just keep running and rooting every time tank gets near :p

basically all i do is bolt, bolt, root, they purge if they can, i sprint, wait for speed, run around for a minute so immunity timer wears off, root again, debuff, nuke, nuke, nuke, tank uses IP, i run around for another minute, root again, debuff, nuke, nuke, nuke, run/qc nuke (depending on tanks hp), tank dead unless its a pally with FH active, that means i have to run abit longer :D

btw for reference im one of those overpowered darkcarvers that sets your cold resist to -50% ( lets me nuke for 544 damage with baseline+ MoM) might get WA.......

Yes, but how often do you actually get the chance to kite a tank?

Very seldom!

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread