Shouldn't reavers have Det?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ghoul

Originally posted by scarffs
Oh and casters rarely, if ever die in 1 hit.
A quad from which the first is bladeturned it would be very hard to do 1000+ damage.

But I'm sure the next twenty posts will contain the exceptions to what i just stated.

And I dont get why you paladins all complain so much.
You have weapon and shield spec, chants that are quite good and especially when twisting ( read : heal, armour, end regen )and an overpowered ra called faith healing.

Scarffs is the most clueless fucking person alive.

Grats!, and before you fucking comment on classes, go level one instead of ebaying it, you whore :(

I

ilum

Originally posted by Eleasias
No they shouldnt, they are near the overpowered border as it is, giving them det would only make a new savage, not having det is whats keeping them in check atm.

Reavers are nowhere near overpowered at all. However, a big change such as adding determination probably would make them overpowered.

P

Pin

Originally posted by ilum
Reavers are nowhere near overpowered at all. However, a big change such as adding determination probably would make them overpowered.

My experience is that Reavers are one of the most widely under-estimated classes around. The only reason you do not see a Reaver in EVERY Alb gank group is the lack of Determination.

The only Alb fighter which out-damages a Reaver is one that is assisting a Reaver running Abs debuff (+30% to their melee damage).
He can reduce the damage output of an assist train by ~30%.
He has enormous interrupt capability, including twistable PBAE interrupts which do not break CC.
Most come equipped with Slam, and better guard than a Paladin, etc, etc, etc.

Give Reavers Det and you have 'the new savage'.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Pin
My experience is that Reavers are one of the most widely under-estimated classes around. The only reason you do not see a Reaver in EVERY Alb gank group is the lack of Determination.

The only Alb fighter which out-damages a Reaver is one that is assisting a Reaver running Abs debuff (+30% to their melee damage).
He can reduce the damage output of an assist train by ~30%.
He has enormous interrupt capability, including twistable PBAE interrupts which do not break CC.
Most come equipped with Slam, and better guard than a Paladin, etc, etc, etc.

Give Reavers Det and you have 'the new savage'.

edit: lol, just saw this was an old post and that i had posted here earlier :D

S

scarffs

Originally posted by ghoul
Scarffs is the most clueless fucking person alive.

Grats!, and before you fucking comment on classes, go level one instead of ebaying it, you whore :(

Fuck you too, moron.
And play the class before commenting on it.

And instead of calling me clueless, try and explain why with arguments to my post, then we'll see.

And never ebayed anything, not that its any of your business.
Now take your complexes and shove them up your ass, ok ?

G

ghoul

Fuck you too, moron.
And play the class before commenting on it, fucktard.

And instead of calling me clueless, try and explain why with arguments to my post, then we'll see.

First of all, saying BT takes the first hit, so what ?, ok so instead of hitting for 1000+, it hits for 600~, ok but what about those 4000 hits in the next minute, I guess they dont count, cause its all about 1000+ ? (Even if your post was an answer to someone about savages one-shotting, i dont care, im just drawing you the whole picture here.)

And its not paladins that complain much you jackass, its the community in general, if you dont have the brains to admit that a savage is overpowered, you should go ebay an acuity buff.

fucktard.

S

scarffs

Still no arguments....

Yes, thats harder then namecalling.

L

Lumikki

tut tut, unecessary flaming!

And like Pin said, reavers have such huge potential and Det would clearly tip them over the edge, placing them in the same basket as savages (overpowered)

xx

S

scarffs

Originally posted by ghoul
First of all, saying BT takes the first hit, so what ?, ok so instead of hitting for 1000+, it hits for 600~, ok but what about those 4000 hits in the next minute, I guess they dont count, cause its all about 1000+ ? (Even if your post was an answer to someone about savages one-shotting, i dont care, im just drawing you the whole picture here.)

And its not paladins that complain much you jackass, its the community in general, if you dont have the brains to admit that a savage is overpowered, you should go ebay an acuity buff.

fucktard.

I know the entire picture, darling, since I played one.
And yes, they are too strong and are being brought back in line.
I dont even play mine because there are too many about.

A lot of classes are stronger then others, most of them albs. Hell, if you guys would use your potential instead of crying all the time you could beat fotm groups. Look at Fadehs group who bashed everyone. They just got outnumbered bigtime in the end.
But you rather cry on forums, fine.

I know its not paladins complaining, read before you post. I said paladins are a great class with all their abilities.

Read some of your posts, seems you have a lot of hatred bottled up. You should go jerk off or something, would do you good.

B

Balbor

There wasa time when mezz ruled the battlefield, mythic wanted to change this so they added a bunch of anti CC like demezzing spells, fall off on AOE, RAs (like Det, AOM and purge) and finally capping all resist with SC gear. the result is that CC (and all spells in genral) is more effective i the battleground than it is in main (ie L45+) RvR.

This resulted in tank groups becoming the most powerful set up for 1fg vs 1fg. For midgard (and a lesser degree) CC still plays an importaint part because there main healer is also there main CC and has access to demezzing. Clerics still suffer from mezz almost as much as they use to, while as long as one Healer remains unMezzed he can free other healers in the group. So sure the tanks can be out of CC within a few seconds but if the clerics remain mezzed its not much help.

ATM casters (and healing) cannot improve there melee defence in to the same way Tanks can improve there defence against magic. Tanks are supose to be about taking and dishing out melee damage, so they should not only lose access to Det but also AoM. Instead mezz and root spells should have there timer 1/2 when cast on other players and remove the aoe fall off.

So give AOV and Det to only healers and casters.

G

ghoul

Read some of your posts, seems you have a lot of hatred bottled up. You should go jerk off or something, would do you good.

I dont have alot of hatred bottled up, i just dont waste it on people who doesnt deserve it, i save for people like you, grizlas, blejsarus etc.

Jerking off doesnt help, trust me :mad:

G

ghoul

And never ebayed anything, not that its any of your business.
Now take your complexes and shove them up your ass, ok ?

Caden then ?, i bet the original Caden just happened to delete it, you just happened to make a skald with the same name, and just happened to level it to 50?.

Yeah sure.

btw, ebay'ing means in general buying a char, not necessarily buying it on ebay, INCASE you didnt know :p

EDIT--

A lot of classes are stronger then others, most of them albs. Hell, if you guys would use your potential instead of crying all the time you could beat fotm groups. Look at Fadehs group who bashed everyone. They just got outnumbered bigtime in the end.
But you rather cry on forums, fine.

FYI, this is my first savage whine ever.

EDIT2--
And I dont get why you paladins all complain so much.

I know its not paladins complaining, read before you post. I said paladins are a great class with all their abilities.

Guess I just misunderstood this then :p

apologies if i hurt you, but your post aggrevated me :p

L

Laston

wouldn´t it be possible to give lower lvl det to hybrids? like det 2-3

ohh so you think a 1 min mezz is not long? or 72 sec root? try this get full df set with occasional galla or whatever uber drop and then see what dmg they do. ive stopped playing my ward cuz he use epic and im to lazy to get sc... i get hit for about 200 from a minstrel dd... about 400 on high rr BDs

S

scarffs

Hurt me ? Get a grip.

I just didnt get why the attack on my person. I just stated the obvious and that makes me clueless ? :rolleyes:

Whatever.

V

Vim

Originally posted by chretien
You can buff though - that's what the savagery SPELL LINE is all about. That's why you are hybrids. Just because your buffs are self only doesn't mean they don't count.

THEY DO NOT USE POWER. Other arguments? Thought so, NEXT.

BTW there will be RA review, and i strongly suspect that most will indeed be redone, maybe whole system (And Det removed probably)

If Mythic just could make it done with ToA ._.

C

chretien

Originally posted by Vim
THEY DO NOT USE POWER. Other arguments? Thought so, NEXT.
Neither do Paladin chants. Woot! Does that mean I can have Det too? other arguments? Thought so, NEXT!

O

old.windforce

since the discussion is getting off-topic ill kill the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread