FH news Should DAOC OT Move

Should DAOC OT move?

• Total voters

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The yoni thing was stupidity on both sides IMO. Childish from everyone concerned.

Other got banned shortly for things they posted that they knew would likely get them in trouble for a bit. ONly short bans. I think the infraction system works quite nicely, and that most poeple know when they are on the edge.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also, wasn;t that irc incident over two years ago now?

gohan

FH is my second home
Also, wasn;t that irc incident over two years ago now?

dunno i remember it being ALOT of fun tho xD

as i said in the OT thread i acctaully couldn't care less i'm just jumping on other peoples arguments and backing them up or shooting them down for funsies

but on topic (ironic for offtopic folk) its makes no diff where it is, on IRC our channel was FHOT, not DAOCOT, and i can't remember that last daoc post on OT so really what is the big deal?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I can't see what the big deal is, but then I never played DAOC. Some people seem actually fearful of having to mingle with other or having new blood, they think their posting style will change?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The worry that the "feel of OTF will change" by merging with General is a bit silly IMO, look how many threads are active per day in general. It's about half a dozen. That's hardly going to ruin or change the feel or a busier forum.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If Yoni banned you or someone else then I would say it was most likely deserved, doesn't seem the sort to make hotheaded decisions at all. That said, the moderators should probably include at least one long time OT regular who is very active anyway. Will leave that to Deebs and the staff though, everyone needs to remember though that whilst we want a free and open OT we cannot allow people to run riot or go around abusing/harrassing people (certainly not beyond crossed words anyway) or the community will just implode when everyone starts taking sides. OT has a great degree of freedom but there always has to be a few rules or chaos break out and real people suffer the effects of remarks that have gone way too far.

Everz

FH is my second home
I can't see what the big deal is, but then I never played DAOC. Some people seem actually fearful of having to mingle with other or having new blood, they think their posting style will change?

Different atmospheres I guess, I never post in general as once I get there I just don't get the urge and want to contribute anything, seems almost alien. Spose coming on here (must be a good 8 or so years now including BW) i've still got the us vs you attitude.

Plus people get used to those around them, similiarly can be said of another board I visit where it's just a bunch of regulars in one section that seldom visit any others.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't often post in General, I get the feeling its a bit like an old boys club, and I'm totally aware that's probably what OT feels like to everyone else anyway.

I voted for 'move to the top level' of the forums, in the end, we probably all have OT bookmarked anyway, so I don't see how it will change anything for a lot of us, and the possibility of having more people take the piss out of Laddeys music taste is intruiging.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the most important question is;

Will the legal age(link) stay as 21?

Also;

Will the booby/bum threads be safe?

As a somewhat(cough) regular OT filth, i'd say that it's good as it is, but if the DAoC section is in danger of removal(can't say i'd be surprised), then a new location for the scum&villany crew would be nice. On the other hand, if it does get moved, there's little if any difference. IT'd be like the move from barrysworld, just a litt.e "ooh shiny!" and then back to your regular viewing.

All in all, to put it short; as long as the degenerate OT crew have a home, it makes little difference where that hole is located.

Or to put it in different terms; every hole is a goal :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You never played DAOC? Not at all? Get the fuck out of off topic :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
DAOC is for dirty herb gatherers who avoid skill-based pc games.

(And soap)

Rarr!

rynnor

Rockhound
I don't often post in General, I get the feeling its a bit like an old boys club, and I'm totally aware that's probably what OT feels like to everyone else anyway.

Yeah - this is the heart of it - I admit that I feel similarly in the other direction. I still read it fairly regularly but I havent posted there much for so long that it now feels 'foreign' which is silly.

Perhaps we should all make a bit more effort - your certainly all most welcome in General - there's only so many BBC news links I can post a day or Meg gets sad :p

gohan

FH is my second home

(And soap)

Rarr!

what i you played daoc at the same time as CS and CSS and now just play codblops?????

then what?

hmmmmm?
hmmmmmmm?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, but you are shit at all of them. Your mum told me while she was eating that cream pie I gave her.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

(And soap)

Rarr!

Ya they should really try some more skillfull games like World of Warcraft, Runescape or Maplestory.

Chilly

Balls of steel
at the very least, put an alias on the front page and leave both links in place.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What shall be occuring then, given that 66% were in favour of some kind of readjustment?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
General only has like 5 people these days anyway, very few off topicers (wha?) must've voted.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Learn to count zede

Quite a substantial number of people have voted for the move (OT peeps that is) but i would say more of the OT crowd have voted against a move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom