FH news Should DAOC OT Move

Should DAOC OT move?

• Total voters

megadave

I am a FH squatter
if we want more people here, how about unbanning everyone and sending them a provocative email? :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's just a forum, jesus christ.

I'm, with him. I took a small break from posting - I came back and the retardedness doubled. Yes yes, I know - "why don't you fuck off then?" or a variation thereof.

Merry xmas! :cheers:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why should I? Loads of people have been banned or suspended in OT over the years some rightly so, some not so. Dorimor for one is a perpetual banee, Gamah who used to post a few years back, and once I was suspended (maybe twice actually) I cba to list those that have has suspensions over the years, pretty much everyone at some point I would imagine. We used to have a big problem of some mods (not to name names) who would come in now and again swinging their willy about, deleting stuff, locking threads etc. Much better now though.

Due to me being able to sticky/unsticky threads in OT I can also view deleted posts (I have asked Jup a few times to remove this ability) there are plenty.

Why should you? Because you claim it happens, but aren't prepared to put any evidence forward for it. Meaning there's no fucking proof, meaning your point is utterly invalid unless you can prove it. We can't prove the 'lack' of moderation in the way you can as providing evidence that something exists is much easier than providing evidence than something doesn't exist.

If you can't grasp that then your entire viewpoint is null and void. You reject the move due to moderation, but can't even point out ONE instance of it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Within the DAOC sections there was alot of modding going on. im not saying it wasnt needed, it def was especially in DAOC - General. OT got its identity cause the modding wasnt as harsh as it was in the rest of the DAOC forums.

You General lot wouldnt have seen it as it was mostly within the DAOC forums

But his point was moving to General or a general area would apply the harsher general moderation, when there is no moderation in general.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Um...no it wasn't. It was actually having mods who don't understand the community trying moderate it. aaaand...I am not rejecting the idea, having concerns (which have been answered) is not the same as rejecting something.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Um...no it wasn't. It was actually having mods who don't understand the community trying moderate it. aaaand...I am not rejecting the idea, having concerns (which have been answered) is not the same as rejecting something.

But what I've been trying to tell you, and the other OTFers is that there isn't any active moderation in General at all, so why would you be worried about it suddenly steaming in in your area? Some people are appointed mods, but they don't really actually do anything in terms of content - they're there just in case basically. The issue of "moderation in OTF if it is moved" is a complete non-issue and shouldn't even be a point of discussion as nothing will change for either set of forum users.

There's no need to be so scared.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wazz is spot on, the amount of moderation needed OT is minimal these days and generally when it is needed it is done properly. The days of overzealous moderation are 2-3 years long gone, if it returned then a message to Deebs can get things resolved pretty quickly. Can't see why people are so worried about this, bad moderation has not happened here in a long long time.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Think Raven and Wazz are arguing different points :)

Both are right.

rynnor

Rockhound
Generally speaking modding these days consists of spotting advertising spammers, banning them and deleting their posts.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Generally speaking modding these days consists of spotting advertising spammers, banning them and deleting their posts.

And giving me infractions for posting pictures of minge fringe. :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
if it happens the forum would still be called Off-Topic and live on the main index page.

Having said that the only change I might apply is to tweak the description slightly.
So it says "General Part Deux" ? :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I think if things have to be moved around then yeah main page under games console

gohan

FH is my second home
OT is for reprebates, it can only bring the forum standards down, leave us to stew in our own filth!

gohan

FH is my second home
Why should you? Because you claim it happens, but aren't prepared to put any evidence forward for it. Meaning there's no fucking proof, meaning your point is utterly invalid unless you can prove it. We can't prove the 'lack' of moderation in the way you can as providing evidence that something exists is much easier than providing evidence than something doesn't exist.

If you can't grasp that then your entire viewpoint is null and void. You reject the move due to moderation, but can't even point out ONE instance of it.

wow u live under a rock

from the frequent OT members ive been suspened so have megadave and alddey and aoami and cornokz and plenty have been banned and are on a second account now and some never came back, i could screen shot all my infractions suspentions ect and ive only ever been banned or given more than a 1 point infraction by mods that don't post on the OT section and probly don't even read it.

TDC is the only mod that posts in OT often and is the fairest by far when i comes to modderating OT, as long as the other mods don't try to change that then it doesn't really matter where OT is

Everz

FH is my second home
wow u live under a rock

from the frequent OT members ive been suspened so have megadave and alddey and aoami and cornokz and plenty have been banned and are on a second account now and some never came back, i could screen shot all my infractions suspentions ect and ive only ever been banned or given more than a 1 point infraction by mods that don't post on the OT section and probly don't even read it.

TDC is the only mod that posts in OT often and is the fairest by far when i comes to modderating OT, as long as the other mods don't try to change that then it doesn't really matter where OT is

Pretty sure everyone on the DAoC section got banned back in the day, I got a couple times for telling a 'few' in camlann section to dirl or the die of a meteor humour, the mods never really got the DAoC OT humour. BRING GAMAH BACK luls.

As far as a merge goes.. well.. maybe it could work, how about merge the DAoC sections into one to generate action there also?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Everz, Gohan. Wazzer means in the last two years. There have been hardly any bans or mod action that's caused upset. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
OT is just a forum name.

Rename it to General.
Wait a month for people who are being twats to realise it makes no difference.
Merge.

:p

Everz

FH is my second home
Everz, Gohan. Wazzer means in the last two years. There have been hardly any bans or mod action that's caused upset. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST.

FU I'm scared of change.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
wow u live under a rock

Let's put this modding question to bed, shall we?

TDC has a brain the size of a weasel's wedding tackle and has little else to do in life than post lots of shizzle, either in general or in OT, which is why you notice him in the OT area.

Go look closely though, and you will also find a significant number of posts from both Deebs and I, and that is a sure sign that although we might not be noticeable in OT, we most certainly are there and taking an interest in what is going on. We keep a very relaxed approach going and are available for people to appeal to in the event that they feel hard done by. Most of the time there is very little to do, but occasionally we would step in.

@Raven - if you see alot of deleted posts it is most likely one of the rare occasions where a topic gets badly skewed and we will remove a bunch of off topic off topic stuff to keep the thread readable.

Bans have occurred in the past where people have overstepped the mark. Many of those people have come back under new names and we know who they are but turn a blind eye to that so long as they don't re-offend badly.

Fundamentally, OT is modded with the same ruleset and mindset as all other areas.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
@Raven - if you see alot of deleted posts it is most likely one of the rare occasions where a topic gets badly skewed and we will remove a bunch of off topic off topic stuff to keep the thread readable

Aye I know, its just a point I was making that previously, there was a lot of heavy moderation when non DAOC people would come in and try and mod it which has now settled down.

The point is moot now anyway :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The first 2 options are useless, this poll proves it, the one before it aswell.

I can understand why some might want to bring OT to the forefront, and I don't mind that at all - that is why i voted for moving it to the forum root.

But if there was no poll and no intention to change things, it would have been just fine.

A merge, imo... would be counter-productive - it's easy enough to get frustrated and not want to post anymore, if you lose the familiar feeling you once had about a certain forum section.

I do not agree with the majority of the "no change!" OT-ers in their belief that the generalites would ruin the OT feel or "charm".

gohan

FH is my second home

im talking about 6 months ago.......

gohan

FH is my second home
Really? Was the outrage 6 months ago?

im not saying saying some of the bans ect werent warrented, but wazzer is saying no1 has ever been banned ever by any mod ever...................

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fair enough, I thought he was ranting about unwarranted bans. With only a couple of exceptions in the past 3 years the modding has been very fair.

It's only the people that are banned that usually think otherwise...

I can't remember the last ban of a "regular" member tbh?

gohan

FH is my second home
Fair enough, I thought he was ranting about unwarranted bans. With only a couple of exceptions in the past 3 years the modding has been very fair.

It's only the people that are banned that usually think otherwise...

I can't remember the last ban of a "regular" member tbh?

laddey got banned not long ago,

before that probly this time last year Me, Aoln, Aoami, Cornokz and a few other were bouncing in and out of the ban list for a while :<

was when we were all on irc and collaberating mischief

but nothing really warrenting bans

i think the point is these bans came from people like yoni and sharma who never show their face on OT, never really by the regular mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom