Sfiv - sonic boom!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
What are your gamer tags? Got the game a couple of days ago and im hooked already, they seem to have captured the right amount of origional SF2 and other up to date fighters.

Would welcome some lessons / fights as I need a fair bit of practice to get back into playing this, my reactions as a 12 yr old when I first played this have kinda deteriorated.

Gamertag Fexed

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Pah Xbox all the way, oh well guess I will have to get the snot beaten out of me by random people!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Right I have a problem, Im good with Ken and also Ryu, not fanctastic but I dont do too badly either, problem is it seems these two are kinda looked down upon as they dont take as much skill to play. I've always liked Vega but he is a bitch to play, anyone have any suggestions on how to play the masked nonce?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ken and Ryu do take skill to play. It's just that everyone already has a lot of that skill from twenty years of SF2 so you get a head-start playing them.

Good(ish) Vega players I've seen tend to abuse his cartwheel moves on wake-up to escape or retaliate. A lot spam his flying attacks. They can be really hard for non-Shoto characters to counter but require very precise timing to use. The other approach is getting in close and mixing rapid attacks with throws. Vega's jump is VERY quick so you can often land on the other side and throw before the opponent reacts.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Cheers Wijlet, ive been arsing around with Vega today and im struggling, cant seem to get his special moves off! He is a fast lil bugger tho so will keep trying.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If it's anything like SF2, Vega always worked best for me with some ranged attacks followed with a hit em high, hit em low assault. My personal favourite was: Crouched Light Punch x 2, Crouched Heavy Punch, Diving Piledriver, Crouched Hard Kick (Slide). Mostly this worked because after the punching, people pull back which if you can pull of the dive, screws them up because it's so quick.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was looking at it the other day. Don't really wanna renew my live subs though and need to figure out if I can play it online with Silver XBL

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Buy a PS3 then you can play me :)

/edit: So wonewy...

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've got no idea. I was just messing around with Abel online.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Finally got around to giving this a good attempt today. Managed to unlock all but the last 2 characters (gave up).. Got 5 perfects in a row, then lost one :( Waste.. I'm getting better using Sagat and finding Sakura to be a good little character.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I'm still going strong, with over 100 hours played :) aren't you playing it online OD?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What BP you got and who do you main ?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
erh, my BP is only around 1000 or so. I'm only playing people from my friend list really. I gave up on the ranking system instantly, after the second time someone quit on me. Enough it enough. I did get the 10 wins in a row achievement though :)

My main is bison, however I tend not to use him all that much, because he's getting more and more popular. My Abel isn't on the same level at the moment, however he's getting there :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Still hovering around 2000 BP on PSN atm. Maining E.Honda but losing quite a few when I try other chars :)

Struggling due to Honda's lack of a decent reversal but loving the power of his attacks and the ochio even if it ain't up to ST standards.

Having very mixed results with Ryu/Ken and Sagat and I don't want to play Zangief any more because everyone assumes you are going to be a lariat spamm0r and disconnects :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
hehe, I booted up HDR a a few days ago with a mate. Honda is so unbelievably overpowered in that game. The hundred hand slap took like 40% of Sagats HP :)

Overdriven

Just got back from a week of no consoling. Put this on on Hardest mode, with Sagat. Is nice unlocking things the day you get back tbh. =] Found it rather easy in comparison with Medium :s

Overdriven

aren't you playing it online OD?

Sorry for late reply, just saw.

Yeah I am, sometimes I find really good matches (comes down to literally 5% hp each) and sometimes I find people who just are.. "urgh ffs, can you DO another set of moves please?" - Some good, some bad.

"odimmortalis" on 360. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
One of the best matches I've seen so far.

Iyo (Japan national champion) as Dhalsim

vs

Daigo (Japan SF legend) as Ryu

YouTube - Daigo vs Iyo

Iyo's Dhalsim is amazing.

There's a similar match there with Iyo against Poongko (Korean national champ) who plays a much more aggressive Ryu.

/edit: stupid youtube links. Watch it in Youtube itself with &fmt=22 on the end for best results...

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I actually like Just Wong more than the 3 of them. He even went to the final of that tournament with Rufus (!)

I've actually beaten a guy called Ferdi 32nd in a single round, who schooled Justing Wong the day before the tournament. He then proceeded to beat me 10 times in a row or so :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Rufus is a good char once you get use to his weird normals and learn to pick the right one for the right situation. He's got a fantastic Ultra too that's easy to use. He's certainly above-average tier in expert hands. (and ironically for the story much better than Ken)

Not that I'm any good with him. J. Hk juggle Ultra is the only slightly flashy thing I can do wth him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom