Sfisa

Y

yaesu

thanks for the quick reply Ted.
so now having established that this incident was due to a technical glitch/user error and not a deliberate attempt to spam the thread, are you going to credit me with my post numbers back?

D

Deadmanwalking

Erm the post u now edited said originaly u didnt care about post numbers?

Y

yaesu

well thats because i thought it meant numbers of posts accrued in that particular thread, and not all the posts i have accrued period!

This is ridicuous and if i dont get satisfaction i am going to Game Digital and if necessary Trading Standards if i dont get an apology.
Yes you can ban me, but i will expect a full refund

You cant treat customers in this way.......

So much for supporting BW !!!!

Y

yaesu

the point is, ive been accused and punished in one foul sweep........

im not really upset about the post count, its the principle of the way in which i have been treated.

1) i hace explained what has happened.

2) i have apologised.

3) i deleted the offending posts myself !

4) i would have rather have aired this in private but seeing as i was accused in public, i am happy for people to see whats going on.

The correct course of action would have been to delete the offending posts and PM'd me with a warning, to which i would have reponded and explained the reason for the events.

if i treated my customers in this fashion i would have been bankrupt inside a week !

Y

yaesu

im the customer and besides i did nothing wrong.

ok, im going to help you guys on this one:

as you have agrieved one of your loyal paying customers here is what you need to do.

1) make a public apology to me for the mishandling of the situation infront of the public.

2) reinstate my BW status

3) if this was my business and i needed to make amends to one of my customers i would make a good will gesture. (a big one)

4) always stay focused on customer care/service, never forget who it is that you are supposed to be serving !

5) always do "what it takes" to make the customer/subscriber happy.

D

doh_boy

1) You're spamming again :rolleyes:

2) The number of posts doesn't infer status, most forums let you choose your own 'title'. BW started the titles for a bit of fun, they don't mean anything. (well forum deity maybe)

3) If there's one thing I hate is people who demand 'recompense' for stuff like this. Demanding, as far as I'm concerned, weakens your arguement.

4) Yes and take into account the other people who read these forums.

5) You work for McDonalds? :p

one more thing, you pay for a subscription to GAME online gameing servers the forums are an added bonus and aren't paid for any mods here do it out of the kindness of their hearts(and they get free subs :p)

P

Pro]v[etheus

Doh, you acuse Yaesu of spamming because he made 2 posts in a row, how do you work that 1 out ? Doesn't that mean that a vast majority of the forum users are spammers ? If you take a look through the forums here you will notice that there are loads of double posts by people.

4) Yes and take into account the other people who read these forums.

Yaesu never posted anything offensive, unlike a majority of the general forum users and besides he didn't deliberately spam this thread in the 1st place. You should read his post with the explaination as to what happened.

one more thing, you pay for a subscription to GAME online gameing servers the forums are an added bonus and aren't paid for any mods here do it out of the kindness of their hearts(and they get free subs )

Whether the forums are a freebie or not is beside the point. At the end of the day the forums are still run/owned by the same people, GAME.NET.

The problem here is that Yaesu has been accused in public of doing something that was beyond his control at the time, he has apologised, deleted the posts and yet he is still being punished for it, even after an explaination.

Would you be pleased if some one accused you of doing something you didn't do and punished you for it?

The way this has been handled is totally wrong and bang out of order. It sheds a very dim light on GAME.NET, especially more so that it was done in the 'New Gamers Forum'.

P

PR.

Originally posted by Pro]v[etheus

You just came in here just to have a dig with Game and declare that the majority of general forum posters post offensive material?

He had 6-7+ posts all the same in a row, and tbh I couldn't care less. You get taken to the page you posted in, he could see that he had posted over and over not to mention the 20sec ban between posts to stop this very thing. Even now he is posting post and then adding another this isn't IRC you can ammend a single post to contain everything you want to say :rolleyes:

Y

yaesu

well PR, thanks for your post regarding my predicament.

just to confirm for you what happened last night.

1) on screen my posts showed no indication of being accepted!
in between retrying i pressed STOP on each occasion.

2) if there is a 20 second delay on here then it obviously was not working.

3) i had no idea that my posts were being accepted.

4) why would someone who wanted to become an admin/moderator/liason or whatever go and spam a forum?
i am sure that would impress the gods !

5) its already been established that this is something that happens...next time it might even happen to you!

oh and last of all
6) alot of what is posted on these forums is offensive etc

P

Pro]v[etheus

PR, you obviously haven't read Yaesu's post properly, the one where he explained what happened.

With regards your reply:

You just came in here just to have a dig with Game and declare that the majority of general forum posters post offensive material?

No i didn't just come in here to have a dig with GAME, as you put it. I personally have never had any problems with them but what i do object to is people who acuse others of doing things they haven't deliberately done and then punish them when there's a perfectly legitamate reason for it happening.

As for the majority of general forum posters posting offensive material, yes they do to an extent with regards their language. It doesn't bother me because im an adult and i find some of it quite amusing but i find it odd how someone can be punished through no fault of their own, yet those who flaunt their deliberate spamming and offensive langauge get away with it. It's double standards as far as im concerned.

S

Scooba Da Bass

OH NOS MY POST COUNT IS SET TO 0

OMGS I AM GOING TO SUE GAME WHAT A WAT TO TRET YUOR CUSTOMERS!

On a semi serious note, why is this even posted in the New Gamers Forum?

Y

yaesu

i wonder how you would like to loose your 4304 posts for no reason?
reset back to 0
its fine to make a joke about it until it happens to you.

i think you are missing the point here entirely. perhaps you are too young to appreciate it.

and perhaps you are not suitable to be a moderator/liasion officer if you find it so easy to make fun of a customers grievance.

judging by the remarks made by some of the officers on here
i am beginning to think that the roles played by the moderators in "Games" forums should be rewritten and new guidlines drawn up.
more stringent vetting of officers is required, maturity and respect should become qualities essential in order to be considered for a post within the organisation.

i am aware that one moderator on here is only 16! a child!
what is that all about?

D

Deadmanwalking

And that "child" seems to have more maturity then you as he isn't posting such things such as LEGAL ILL SUE U ALL...

I started off trying to help you and stay in the middle i really really tried but u threw it back into my face thx for that

Oh and btw age means nowt in certain cases

X

Xtro

Originally posted by yaesu
reset back to 0

i think you are missing the point here entirely. perhaps you are too young to appreciate it.

If you didn't care about post counts, this thread would have died.

Carry on, and thanks for the comedy.

D

Deadmanwalking

No i think its best this thread be closed/deleted

T

TedTheDog

As for your other comments regards "taking it to GAME Digital" and trading standards can I ask what you are proposing to take to them?
Your actions and comments are somewhat bizzare, illogical and unpredictable and you are confusing me somewhat.

4304 posts? I'm having a little trouble taking you seriously after that. We both know it was 160.

I'm quite happy to deal with customers with genuine complaints and issues in a rational and open or private manner.
Would you like to think about what is concerning you and email me at ben@staff.game.net
If you continue in this manner in a public forum you are inviting critisicm and comment and this also seems to be annoying you and is therefore making it worse for you, so perhaps email is the best way forward now?

Regards

Ben Lawton
Manager, Customer Services and Community
GAME Digital Ltd

N

nath

The 4304 he was referring to belonged to Scooba, I believe.

S

Scooba Da Bass

reset back to 0

Buhh?

For the record I couldn't care less what number it says in my profile, the fact that you care enough to look it up not only for yourself but for others is 100% pure comedy gold.

For future reference it's probably a good idea not to try and spam in a forum that's watched pretty closely by moderators, there's any number of little used sub forums you could have gone for, I think it says something about your intelligence that you went for this one.

Y

yaesu

Thanks scooba for your valued comments, they have been duely recorded/noted.

Y

yaesu

Thanks again for your reply Ted.
To be honest with you I find your comments to be rather bazaar and unprofessional to say the least, for someone employed in a customer relations role. Do you not see that you have totally mishandled this unfortunate incident to a point that it reads something out of “fawlty towers”.
I have already tried to help you, I have given you the correct solution, but you still don’t seem to understand what it is I am unhappy about and have made no attempt to satisfy me. I would have thought that it was obvious if you had bothered to read the previous posts.
As for “I cant take you seriously”, I suggest that from this point on, you do!
Okay I can forgive you for your error as to the amount of posts you say I claimed to have lost (160 posts is the correct total).
Let me ask you, if you owned a shop and accidentally short changed a loyal customer, after agreeing that you had made a mistake, would you then refuse to reimburse the said customer? Would you talk to the customer in such a condescending manner infront of other customers?
So I now ask you, what it is that you plan to do in order that I be happy?
Employed in the field of customer relations, you will no doubt find this question easy to answer, easy to find a solution to and above all I am completely sure you will want to now close this affair to my complete satisfaction.

Once this is resolved I need take this no further, but please do respond quickly as I am rapidly losing patients and losing confidence in your ability to resolve this satisfactorily.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Comparing having your posts on a forum reset to being short changed;

OHMHOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

P

Pro]v[etheus

Scooba, you seem to have missed the point all together. Yaesu has been punished for something that he didn't intentionally do, so please try to be a little more mature with your replies.

Im not sure whether you are here just to s**t stir or maybe you just haven't read the thread from the start, giving the full explaination etc.

I could understand peoples immature attitude/replies if Yaesu was guilty but he's not.****Read the posts on this thread****

P

PR.

Once this is resolved I need take this no further, but please do respond quickly as I am rapidly losing patients and losing confidence in your ability to resolve this satisfactorily.

:chortle:

Y

yaesu

unfortunatly Prom, the level of intelligence displayed on here is rather low, and somewhat worrying.
and with some people on here its really not worth trying to get any sort of sensible comment.
we can all have some fun on here, we have all at one time or another posted silly or immature comments on here.

the difference is that anyone with any maturity or interlect knows when to do it and when not to.

if some people on here dont realise they are "digging their own grave", then it proves my point nicely

:)

D

Deadmanwalking

The same level of maturity it takes to insult someone who was trying his damndest to prevent just this? Next time take help

Y

yaesu

hmmmm excuse me for asking, but i dont recall insulting anyone?

enlighten me please

thank you

D

Deadmanwalking

i am aware that one moderator on here is only 16! a child!
what is that all about?

If you would get off ur soapbox and remove ur head from ur arse... you would realise who truely has the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom