Sfisa

X

Xtro

I find that when inserting the glycerine it sometimes leaves small globules on the workstation that I'm loathe to remove before arming the device. What kind of timing device would you guys recommend I use for this? At present I'm using a Zymus which is Swiss of course but tends to disrupt decibel meters.

M

Maljonic

Swiss is always the best choice, a Swatch would also be a stylish touch to any detonation... or you could adapt the DG2 Trigger Generator. This small free-standing instrument has been designed for control of normal repetitive stimulation as well as for defining the Effective Refractory Period using a second, delayed pulse. This unit is especially useful for use with our DS2A, DS3 and DS7A isolated stimulators which have their own pulse width controls.

X

Xtro

EH? Are you off your head? That's a bit of overkill, I'm trying to blow a safe not a bunker in Basra!

M

Maljonic

perhaps explosions aren't the way to go, maybe you should try using the M series compressor. M series compressors are available in lubricated models from 0.75 to 22kw (1 to 30 hp) and a maximum working pressure of 15 bar g (218 psig) Oil free models are available from 0.75 to 4kW (1 to 5.5 hp) and a maximum working pressure of 10 bar g (145 psig)

The simple and reliable design of the M series compressors means that they can be supplied or installed in a number of ways including baseframe mounted, horizontal or vertical air receiver mounted, multiple compressors on one receiver and also with or without sound proof enclosures.

X

Xtro

Well that's all well and good but something went wrong last night and I am now a triple amuputee :/

(PS> someone is writing this for me as I dictate).

M

Maljonic

two bionic legs, one bionic arm; next time you can rip the door clean off... what 'Bionics' encompasses ranges from Bio-inspired systems and application-driven biological/medical devices to the more fundamental study of cells and tissue, using techniques derived from microelectronics and microsystems technologies (MST) to provide tools for study and interpretation. The ever increasing sophistication of the MST/MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) derived tools will not only allow massively parallel recording of neural activity, patterning of surfaces to aid and direct cell growth but may well aid in the futuristic formation of artificial tissues and organs and in the selective manipulations of cells and DNA expression.

Initially, the following medium term objectives have been set and partnerships are being established both locally inside the University and in the world-wide research community to obtain the range of interdisciplinary skills required to make significant progress in this emerging field:

1. Develop and qualify the underlying key technologies to enable interfacing of microelectronics to cellular material for in-vitro and, ultimately, for in-vivo applications. These technologies include:

Informatics - Data logging and retrieval, signal manipulation
Technology capabilities - devices, smart substrates including multi-chip moduels (MCM's) and packaging (sensors, signal manipulation / analogue multiplexing, flexile circuits,microfluidics…)
Cell and Body 'interfacing' - sterilisation, long term stability / reliability
2. Demonstrate and exploit direct/real-time interactions between simple, living biological entities (e.g. cells) and microelectronic systems.

Neural Growth on surfaces - Cell compatibility.
Directed growth on surfaces - use of surface topography/chemistries, soft photolithography.
Stimulation and detection - Data extraction /simplification.
Highly parallel systems - high pin counts, synchronisation of information.

Bionics seeks to transcend our biological nature by replacing biological parts with artificial parts ("deflesh"), or by translating the human mind into information in a computer (Uploading ). These processes are naturally highly sefisticated and a little too complicated for humans at the moment, since they are still far from this technological level. However, in the field of connecting artificial limbs and other systems to nerves, some promising advances have already happened or seem probable in the near future.

M

Maljonic

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
I fear you Mal.
why do people keep saying that? Is it my avatar, I know it's not my best side? If you check my profile my biography clearly states that I'm 'mostly harmless':)

M

Maljonic

check out Bob's predictions above, he's been right every time so far for me, it's quite scarey!
sm-bob.jpg

M

Maljonic

did Bob tell you to say that? Think I'll have to do better than 1.7 posts per day to qualify for that;)

Although now I look at it, it does seem that way; I could have put those 3 posts all on the same one...

D

Deadmanwalking

His way of post counting means nought m8

M

Maljonic

funny you should say that, it was meant as a joke for Yaesu who (also) was accused of spamming; I sent him a link to the thread called Spammers For Increased Status Anonymous, or something like that, and it was just meant to say 'test' when he got here. I did't expect other people to start posting, wierd, stuff but I thought I'd go along with it anyway and got a bit carried away I suppose. I was secretly hoping it would turn into a surreal thread, as it seemed to be heading that way in the beginning, but it just turned into another accusation against me this time. So I suppose the thread has come full circle; hoisted by my own potard;)

O

old.annalisa

Just how many female cadets are there? Are there a few, are there a lot, or is a naval college more like a monastry.

btw i'm a guy

M

Maljonic

indeed

Work is mainly office-based, but also involves work in shipyards, fabrication sites, and onboard ships, boats and rigs. The job can be quite physical, climbing ladders and walking over long distances, and can involve being out in all weather, sometimes while at sea.

Y

yaesu

i actually know the answer to this one, surprise surprise.
but unless you furnish me with some form of legal payment i am not at liberty to tell you.

Y

yaesu

ps. john sits by his fireplace smoking a long pipe !

you need to know this information mal, not now perhaps but before the end of your time, ok?

T

TedTheDog

Yaesu, I've reset your post count to 0.
This thread was entertaining until you started spamming.

Y

yaesu

well thanks for that Ted, might have got your facts right first before taking action of this kind. did you not think of approaching me first to find out why my post was reprocated so many times before accusing me of spamming?

thought you all of all people would have known better.
trust me, if i was going to spam the forum i would have made a much better effort of posting dribble than this.

i am as shocked as anyone to return to the thread and see my post appearing so many times.

in the wee hours of this morning this thread showed all the hallmarks of not accepting my post......surely its natural to try again and again until you can see its been accepted.

i actually gave up in discuss and went to bed.

i apologise if you thought i was spamming, but i was NOT !!!!

how about just removing the offending posts????

i feel upset now and i think i am going to cry :(

T

TedTheDog

We have thousands of users and tens of thousands of posts a week and the idea of corresponding with every apparent sinner fills me with apathy.
I take your point, multiple clicking of the post button can result in multiple posts, but in a thread discussing post count boosting it was too much of a coincidence for me.
By the way, I reset your post count as an option, instead of simply banning you. So I did use a little caution ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom