Server Suggestions & Update

B

bigbb

Just a bit of an update as to the current state of affairs and the plan for the servers.

Our Suggestion For Servers:

BarrysWorld - Check Point (1) - FF, PB
BarrysWorld - Objective (1) - Standard
BarrysWorld - Objective (2) - 6v6 - FF, PB
BarrysWorld - Objective (3) - 6v6 - FF, PB
BarrysWorld - Objective (4) - GOTY - FF, PB
BarrysWorld - Objective (5) - Variable - (Tram Only/Custom/New Maps)
BarrysWorld - Stop Watch (1) - Standard
BarrysWorld - Stop Watch (2) - Standard
BarrysWorld - Stop Watch (3) - 6v6 - FF, PB
BarrysWorld - Stop Watch (4) - 6v6 - FF, PB

Now, this does include splitting one 21player server down into two 6v6 servers, as you may have realised. This is a plan possible, but as yet to be trialled and load tested and thus this plan is subject to server blokeys assesment.

Any further suggestions or thoughts are welcome.

Update

PunkBuster - We're refining the PB setup to will now allow all variations of visual settings and limitations without problem, which it has been in the past.

OSP - This is an incredibly early BETA atm, but it is being looked into by server blokeys over the coming days/weeks as to whether its viable on the servers. We'll keep updated on that one.

That's all I can think of at the minute, slap me if i've missed something.

B

bigbb

OSP has got the yes vote, we'll trial it on a couple of servers, hopefully towards the end of this week coming. It's a bit difficult for myself keeping above things atm, I buggered my BIOS chip last week and i've just sent it off for reflashing. Apologies for the slow response to these things recently.

We had a request on a last Suggestion thread for the logical 4round match on SW servers. I've been told it hasn't been done up to now because BW's setup with servers doesn't currently allow for that, but there is hope on a workaround soon.

Users who are viewing this thread