Server Suggestions

B

bigbb

I'm putting in all the requests and changes i've accumilated on the publics this weekend. So far;

• + 8-10 seconds of warmup time (Allow for slower loads/connects)
  • Village off CP Servers?
  • Renovation of Custom Maps Server (Suggestions?)

Other changes i've thought about; to change one of the CP servers to SW. So we'd have 3 SW servers and one FF On CP server. There is a current trend towards SW and they're constantly being filled, there's normally only one CP server in use from what i've seen. Thoughts?

Any changes in player limits? Will changing one of the servers to 12player (6vs6) make a more competitive, and thus enjoyable game? If this was to happen there *may* be a possiblity of having two 12plyr servers, instead of one 21plyr.

Any changes with PB? It's been found there are problems with some config setups with PB, it has a tendancy to not allow or kick players that aren't using specific setups. So perhaps not on more servers, but does it need changing?

Any other suggestions/thoughts?

N

nocte

well i would say deffo change a CP to SW.

2 12 player servers i think is a good idea, as it has a more clan war feel to it.

PB settings are fine as is imo.

D

d_g

All good, especially more SW and 6v6 :)

Only other thing I can think of atm is some servers display a console message during warmups, stating "round x of x" and when on final round "next map is xx". Not really necessary on standard rotations and when there's a first round warmup, but a consideration maybe :)

B

bigbb

We've got a series of changes coming into effect in a matter of days, maybe even today.

The 6v6 server plan will be implemented late next week, with any luck.

B

bigbb

Most changes have been implemented, any more suggestions please feel free to voice.

O

old.HellPenguin

1. Remove depot and destruction from the stopwatch servers. Those maps don't even support the SW mode.

2. Increase the first round warmup. 45 seconds should be enough.

3. 4 rounds/map (ABBA) on the stopwatch servers.

O

orbit_ph

ok thanks for the few secs extra time, it's not only the slower machines but also the overseas machines (self connecting from The Netherlands)
normally ping 60 (sometimes due to bad routes 120)

- perhaps another +5 secs would solve the complete problem for everyone.

- And ofcourse the request for the next map at the end of the last round (so you got time to select your class for the next map)
If you are connecting and got 5 secs it's gonna be a slight prob

- go ahead and change the cp to sw more for everyone

- pb no probs

if more probs I report

B

bigbb

Thanking you chaps, we'll see to a couple more of those suggestions this week.

C

.cage

no friendly fire servers.
they encourage the newbie lamers to all go flamer in the docs room and such.

muchos skill. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread