Server probs? oO

S

Solarius

You've obviously missed the point!

Ok, so we've lost use of the servers for a day (which will most likely be refunded to everyone affected), but coming here and throwing about insults only makes you look like a kid who's lost his dummy, and wants the world to suffer for it.

Yes, servers are down, and yes it's a sunday. But they have a patch tomorrow, and for all we know that may be at the root of the problem. Calm down, and wait to see what happens!

G

greenfingers

nerf Spyf :p

yea well .... the problem is that GOA ain't exacly trating everyone the same, loads of guildies recieved their account passwords a few weeks ago, I didn't hear ANY french peeps that had the same problem... I mean, waiting more then 2 months for a password .. WTF!?

<---- brain meltdown !!! :(

S

Solarius

Originally posted by Spyf
1 lameass post aint excuse enough to punish all people on the server completely.

OMFG....its a guildie who got a brain meltdown :rolleyes:

What was the point of this post?

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Solarius
You've obviously missed the point!

Ok, so we've lost use of the servers for a day (which will most likely be refunded to everyone affected), but coming here and throwing about insults only makes you look like a kid who's lost his dummy, and wants the world to suffer for it.

Yes, servers are down, and yes it's a sunday. But they have a patch tomorrow, and for all we know that may be at the root of the problem. Calm down, and wait to see what happens!

:clap:

I didn't miss the point, my problem is that GOA obviously has the SAME problem EVERY time they patch, or pre-patch.

refunded? ..... keep dreaming :rolleyes:

it's a sunday .. yea ? ... and!?!?! most peeps have lifes... and play MAINLY on the weekends, so a server down on a Sunday IS a big problem for me.

I will wait an hour, and start whining again ... it's what BW is for !

T

thorwyntf

"Merde! Jaques, this fuckquing carte du soundez in the Servre Excâlibur just went tittez up!
It´s fuckquing Sundez evening, all shoppêz du hardwaréz are fermét! How the fuckquez am I supposêd to listen to my Daft Punk mp3´s now?"

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by thorwyntf
"Merde! Jaques, this fuckquing carte du soundez in the Servre Excâlibur just went tittez up!
It´s fuckquing Sundez evening, all shoppêz du hardwaréz are fermét! How the fuckquez am I supposêd to listen to my Daft Punk mp3´s now?"

LMAO !!! .. givZ video ! :D

T

tradoss

Annoying part is it won't just be down for tonight Sol. Most of tomorrow also. So 2 days downtime for 1 patch? Nerf :/

S

Solarius

Yeah, I know it sucks (I ended up playing SWG :eek7: ), out of our control though.

I just wonder if we'll get any updates on the problem/fix.

Oh, not 100% certain, but didn't they recently patch the german and english servers with some files foundations, which they hadn't recieved? Maybe thats the problem.

T

Telamon

Typical :)

Patch on Monday :D

also featuring ..

+Server Problems on Sunday
+Zonecrashes in SI
+Zonecrashes in Dungeon(s?)

And now the game's down completely ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

GAaaaaaaaah! :)

Consider how much fun that ought to be for peepz who just got the weekend to play :D

And they'll get 1 lousy day extension on their subs - w00t - :)

--
Tip: Get a bloody backup system - patch that - and just switch the servers .. ZERO downtime save for a switch.
(And yes .. test it beforehand)

.. and while you're at it get your data into DB's and off those Excel
sheets. Would help you w 'impossible things' like SubPwd changes
and Character restorations.

-> Hire a Software guy with nothing else but System performance
and availeability on his mind.

T

Telamon

Originally posted by Skaven
Some hardware died on the server, guess theres no backup etc. Oh well, these things happen I guess.

Time to go play on me ps2 :)

Bullshite :) if the hardware had gone it would not KICK you out of game and crash a zone.

It would be GONE *Boom* :) .. and it would smell funny.

--

And as for Service .. it's not completely unjustified to be unhappy
with GOA's performance.

It's not like everyone was giving them the hairy eyeball from the
beginning.

If I had to maintain servers I'd - ofc - also put the best ones up
for use by the people who might actually get around to kicking
my door down ;)

Still .. as service goes - there's nothing worse than goa atm.

And no I don't play anything else, but I have had the pleasure
to be on a team responsible for IT-Services .. worst was a couple of hours downtime .. but that was when service contracts had run out and the harddisks started suiciding one after the other.

But that was once. Wtf takes A DAY to introduce a patch?
Only thing I can think of would be untested introduction and then
trial & Error .. but I would not have the courage to do that.

N

necrofill

the problem is that GOA use microsoft :D they prolly got the blue screen!!

S

Shadowmag

Oh and its status is up on camelot-europe.com :p

F

firebirth

Think you'll find that the few people on the servers are Technical staff members at GOA monitoring whats going on with the server as they try to find the root of the problems.

Greenfingers just hope it aint another hacker "incident" :doh:

S

Shadowmag

Or mayb mids tryin to steal our relics ......

F

firebirth

If they do the servers will get rolled back and they'll prolly give us a free day.

Albs4tehwin!!!111!!!

S

Stormm

posted by: Sandariel LeBlanc..

Check the german page instead:
Shutdown der Spieleserver
[2003-16-11]

Wegen technischer Probleme mussten die deutschen Server heute nachmittag heruntergefahren werden.

Die Behebung der Fehler, die zu den wiederholten Zonenabstürzen führten, wird eine unbestimmte Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Eventuell werden die Server bis morgen nicht erreichbar bleiben.

Roughly translated: "Due to technical difficulties the german servers had to be taken down.

Fixing the error that made Zones crash several times will take an unknow amount of time. It's possible that the servers might have to stay down untill tomorrow"

-----------------

odds on servers back up by next sunday if we're lucky

E

Eltharion

ROFLMAO!! xDDD

F

firebirth

Yea tis funny was tempted to thief it fro a sig but didnt :)

A

Ala

:clap: ROFL

Couldn't 'ave said it better ;)

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Stormm
posted by: Sandariel LeBlanc..

Check the german page instead:
Shutdown der Spieleserver
[2003-16-11]

Wegen technischer Probleme mussten die deutschen Server heute nachmittag heruntergefahren werden.

Die Behebung der Fehler, die zu den wiederholten Zonenabstürzen führten, wird eine unbestimmte Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Eventuell werden die Server bis morgen nicht erreichbar bleiben.

Roughly translated: "Due to technical difficulties the german servers had to be taken down.

Fixing the error that made Zones crash several times will take an unknow amount of time. It's possible that the servers might have to stay down untill tomorrow"

-----------------

odds on servers back up by next sunday if we're lucky

great - >UNKNOWN< amount of time

:sleeping:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by andruril
THE AUSTRALIANS ARE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

WHo'd have thought we'd beat those bloody All-blacks eh?

muahahah :D

Pretty much every kiwi supporter who knows the game predicted this, Australia are deadly on home soil. The current Australian side is full of high-impact backs (rugby league type) which is something we cant handle with our current set-up.

Was a good win for Australia (not tryin to take that away) and we were well and truly beaten, but no surprise :)

Start of the tourney i put a bet on Australia winning the cup, now if the Aussies can win one more i stand to make a pretty penny :D

England have been lucky so far, they performed poorly in the first half vs France and Wales and got away with it, if they do that against the aussies they will get punished and may find themselves 30 points down at halftime.

M

mattygroves

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Pretty much every kiwi supporter who knows the game predicted this, Australia are deadly on home soil. The current Australian side is full of high-impact backs (rugby league type) which is something we cant handle with our current set-up.

Was a good win for Australia (not tryin to take that away) and we were well and truly beaten, but no surprise :)

Start of the tourney i put a bet on Australia winning the cup, now if the Aussies can win one more i stand to make a pretty penny :D

England have been lucky so far, they performed poorly in the first half vs France and Wales and got away with it, if they do that against the aussies they will get punished and may find themselves 30 points down at halftime.

I can't wait for the final. I think England have their toughest test for a very long time but I think they can do it. I don't agree that England played poorly against France at all. The first half was more of a holding game and the only French success was a very dubious try. In the second half there was only one team ever going to win and the Final score could (should?) have been 24-0. The match against Wales was a different thing and the Welsh were superb. The second half was again the turning point and I think England did show why they are potential world champions. Another thing to remeber is that The All Blacks only just beat Wales too. So I think the best two teams are going to make a memorable final.

Users who are viewing this thread