Server Problems

M

makgsnake

ok i open my game box install get the updates.
omg this is gonna be uber,
i tried connecting to at least 30 servers now and none of them let me on, 1/3 of the time my game just shuts down when loading and weant to desktop, half of the time it said cannot connect to server.
and the servers i did connect to lagged like HELL.

my comp spec:

512MB ram
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
1.4 ghz
and my connection is cable.

now im sure this lag problem wasnt my pc but the servers.
were can i find servers that i can actually connect to and doesnt say "full" "cannot connect" or dont shut down my game every time
:confused: :(

N

Neural Network

Have you downloaded the latest patch?

If not, there's your problem :)

You could also be trying to connect to a server running some kind of mod. That will make the game exit too.

M

makgsnake

yes i have latest.

i am currently downloading desert storm.

is there any way i can filter, so it just shows the desert storm servers ?.

also does the lower the ping mean the less lag ? :rolleyes:

N

Neural Network

Yers you can use the arrow in the "Custom Filter" box to choose what kind of mod you want to be listed. You might want to hit update after that.

N

Neural Network

Lower ping "should" mean less lag, but I can't say it works for me.
I try to log on server with a green (not yellow or red) dot next to the name. And you should try the pirate mod for some "Yarrr-action": http://www.innerempire.com/bfpirates/

M

makgsnake

omg this sucks badly, connect to 5 servers now with green dots at the side and i couldnt even move the lag was that bad. what a fucking waste of £35 :(

C

Cdr

GAME.NET Preview - BF 1942|61ms|213.221.178.75:14567

Try connecting to there as a test.

M

makgsnake

nice proggy,
finally found a server that didnt lag as much ;)

A

adams901

You have not menioned what "ping" you are getting, my bets are that it is related to your FPS not your ping.

Make sure you have anti aliasing either very low or off altogether, the higher it is the lower the FPS you will get.

M

makgsnake

Originally posted by adams901

Make sure you have anti aliasing either very low or off altogether, the higher it is the lower the FPS you will get.

and how do i do that ?

M

makgsnake

Geforce4.
But since i been using that nice programme Embattle suggested, none of the servers have lagged at all + i can chose what map to play :D

Users who are viewing this thread