Selling artifacts after 1.81

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2292.shtml

Does this mean that GOA will evaluate the artifact prices according to players' Consignment Merchant prices after 1.81 hits Europe?

What prevents players from hoarding artifacts now if this is how it will work? If I understood the above link correctly, Mythic withheld this information so that there would be no excessive arty farming & hoarding. How can GOA prevent this anymore?

In example, an artifact farmer could farm several rare arties, put 1 of each arty for sale at a very high price, and store several others in vault, and sell them to the "Artifact buyer NPC" at high price after 1.81.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
I dont think GOA will implant this.

Seems like this would be the only choice, or hope that they have calculated the median artifact prices beforehand in coordination with Mythic, before patch 1.81 came live in the US, which I strongly doubt.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
either way some people are going to make insane amounts of money from this /goes farming

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
either way some people are going to make insane amounts of money from this /goes farming

No they aren't, if GOA won't implement the arty merchants at all :mad:

GOA can't calculate the arty prices from CM prices, at least not anymore, as people now know that artifacts will (probably) be sellable. But if GOA just blindly does same as Mythic when 1.81 comes live, the arty farmers/hoarders must make new toons to carry all the money they get :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
This is the dumbest thing Ive seen from Mythic, every ML9 toon wil lbe going mental again, leaving the rest of us behind finacially, how does this help the majority?

Even just with the event of this news I can hear the rumbling of giant Spirit Champions heading for GoV, so if you want credit, better hope you know one of them!

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Instead of letting people exchange arti's for money, why not just exchange it so the get the arti book back. This way they can still sell the book on ME making it available to others like the arti was, but also its will be down to whether the book sells or not if they get money from it!

OleP

Fledgling Freddie
Stop Whining

Whats all the whining about?? I have aprox 20 artis in my vault, all gotten during the last 2 years. If im not to get some money for the time spend now that i no longer will be able to use them??? I might not have had a plan with all of them, but i have a upcomming warrior and have Malice, battler, GoV, SoM, CB, WH and a few others stored for him, items i have spend HOURS farming, why should Mythic not pay me for this?? You all whine about the arti/stuff you lost on Prydwen, but now its a diffrent thing?
ML9 farmers going havoc??? Outrunning us all financially?? ITS A GAME!...play it up to what you can, if ML9 farmers have more money than you....they are better than you to get them...whats the big deal.
And yes...i have a ML9 Spiritmaster, but i dont whine when some healer has more than 10 times the amount of RP that i have, i dont say "I wanna be able to do what he does why dont Mythic change my class so i can get that many RP´s" and do you btw think that a ML9 spiritmaster is something that come faling down from the sky?????? it takes endless number of hours getting there.

OleP

Fledgling Freddie
What a great suggestion Sye...lets hope that will be under Mythic´s consideration in the nearest time.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
OleP said:
What a great suggestion Sye...lets hope that will be under Mythic´s consideration in the nearest time.

Only downside is that all arty books will be selling at VERY low prices after 1.81, if the scroll drop system stays as it is in it.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't see what the problem is, just use the US prices, or lower them by 25% or whatever. I know people who with those prices have 1 mithril+ in their vaults, but guess what - those artifacts are worth close to that before 1.81 too, and the people who will make large amounts of money are the same ones that are already rich.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
I really don't see what the problem is, just use the US prices, or lower them by 25% or whatever.

The problem is that the patch will not be here for 2+ months, that's quite long time for some people to make money in a way that definitely is not intended to happen.

Permacamp GoV (possible with only 2 persons) for 2 months = 40 x 15-20p = 600-800p => eBay. (GoV has a sellback value of 18p on Lancelot merchants atm).

Hope GOA will come up with a reasonable solution for this soon. I mean a solution that satisfies people who have gained artifacts with hard work and want to sell them back, and a solution that does not encourage selfish arty farming for 2-3 months.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
I really don't see what the problem is, just use the US prices, or lower them by 25% or whatever. I know people who with those prices have 1 mithril+ in their vaults, but guess what - those artifacts are worth close to that before 1.81 too, and the people who will make large amounts of money are the same ones that are already rich.

its that people will now start hoarding, since the lowest price for an arti is 1p. those winged helms that are on the Cm's for 250g are going to be hoarded to make a profit.

I am wondering if Mythic took europe and goa into consideration, how is it going to stop hoarding now on the Eu servers?

:m00:

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Nix said:
The problem is that the patch will not be here for 2+ months, that's quite long time for some people to make money in a way that definitely is not intended to happen.

Permacamp GoV (possible with only 2 persons) for 2 months = 40 x 15-20p = 600-800p => eBay. (GoV has a sellback value of 18p on Lancelot merchants atm).

Hope GOA will come up with a reasonable solution for this soon.

i thought gov sells for similar amounts atm anyway? (to people that is)

(edit: and i have to admit, i did buy 4x alvarus's leggings for 1p each this morning, for a profit of 56p if the patch goes live as-is :p)

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
i thought gov sells for similar amounts atm anyway? (to people that is)

But GoV will stop dropping after 1.81 => hoarding. And it's a guaranteed 18p (on Lancelot) that you get. I've seen GoV going as low as 10p on Prydcalibur.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
(edit: and i have to admit, i did buy 4x alvarus's leggings for 1p each this morning, for a profit of 56p if the patch goes live as-is :p)

Good example of what will start to happen soon on the arty market ;)

All artifacts will disappear into vaults, and the ones on CMs will be insanely expensive.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
Instead of letting people exchange arti's for money, why not just exchange it so the get the arti book back. This way they can still sell the book on ME making it available to others like the arti was, but also its will be down to whether the book sells or not if they get money from it!

this wont stop people hoarding artis to get books, what mythic should of done is this:

All artifacts on CM's were destroyed and the set price by mythic for the artifact was payed to the CM.

All people with artifacts in house vault, inventory etc could take them to an NPC and get a set price.

Thay way people with artis on CM's were not screwed over and people with arties in personal vaults were not screwed over as well.

I think Mythic forgot the impact it would have in europe, Have no idea now how they can do it over here to be fair on everyone.

Do Mythic even know that europe plays DAOC....

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh they haven't even said Euro will get the same NPC, so people will prob hoard the arti's for no reason, then serioulsy whine after cause they lost out on selling it

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
Tbh they haven't even said Euro will get the same NPC, so people will prob hoard the arti's for no reason, then serioulsy whine after cause they lost out on selling it

GoA probably wont now they have seen what mythic did, but you never know...:m00:

Zede

Part of the furniture
OleP said:
Whats all the whining about?? I have aprox 20 artis in my vault, all gotten during the last 2 years. If im not to get some money for the time spend now that i no longer will be able to use them??? I might not have had a plan with all of them, but i have a upcomming warrior and have Malice, battler, GoV, SoM, CB, WH and a few others stored for him, items i have spend HOURS farming, why should Mythic not pay me for this?? You all whine about the arti/stuff you lost on Prydwen, but now its a diffrent thing?
ML9 farmers going havoc??? Outrunning us all financially?? ITS A GAME!...play it up to what you can, if ML9 farmers have more money than you....they are better than you to get them...whats the big deal.
And yes...i have a ML9 Spiritmaster, but i dont whine when some healer has more than 10 times the amount of RP that i have, i dont say "I wanna be able to do what he does why dont Mythic change my class so i can get that many RP´s" and do you btw think that a ML9 spiritmaster is something that come faling down from the sky?????? it takes endless number of hours getting there.

im sorry your pve-peen(tm) has been reduced, any fluffers about ?

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
this wont stop people hoarding artis to get books, what mythic should of done is this:

All artifacts on CM's were destroyed and the set price by mythic for the artifact was payed to the CM.

All people with artifacts in house vault, inventory etc could take them to an NPC and get a set price.

Thay way people with artis on CM's were not screwed over and people with arties in personal vaults were not screwed over as well.

This wouldn't stop hoarding either... Clever farmers would put 1 copy of an artifact on CM, with a sky-hi pricetag on it to mislead GOA when/if they decide the "set price", and have the rest dozen arties in vault, safe for later cash-in at the sellback merchant :(

That's what I'd do ;) (And probably will too, as I have some arties gathered up in my vaults)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
This wouldn't stop hoarding either... Clever farmers would put 1 copy of an artifact on CM, with a sky-hi pricetag on it to mislead GOA when/if they decide the "set price", and have the rest dozen arties in vault, safe for later cash-in at the sellback merchant :(

That's what I'd do ;) (And probably will too, as I have some arties gathered up in my vaults)

:) Wasn't thinking of GoA doing it, was thinking this is how mythic should of done itm if at all :) :m00:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
My bets would be on GOA not implementing this, as we'll not see it for a few months, unlike in the US. If you have an artifact now you can activate it and have it level 10 before 1.81 even hits, so they are hardly worthless like they are in the US now (or were before that change).

Darzil

anarc

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously doubt GOA is stupid enough to put this in. People farming artis for 2 months to sell is gonna screw the whole economy over. Im not gonna go buy lots of crap and hope to sell em for profit atleast, chances are really slim it will create any revenue.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Well tbh, if ppl start farming it now with the intent on hoarding it for this to be bought in can go ahead. Theres been no official responce to this from GOA so they could be just wasting their time.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
... so they could be just wasting their time.

Keyword: could.

Even if they were wasting their time, having every arty and it's mother camped 24/7 for the next 2+ months ain't fun either.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Nix said:
Keyword: could.

Even if they were wasting their time, having every arty and it's mother camped 24/7 for the next 2+ months ain't fun either.

Exactly.

It would be very nice to see a response of GOA on this, even though it would be only normal that they don't implement this, would at least prevent the hoarding, which WILL happen if they don't.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'd guess we'll hear something (even if it's we've not yet made a decision) on today's news.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I'd guess we'll hear something (even if it's we've not yet made a decision) on today's news.

Darzil

i get better news about DAOc from listening to a sea shell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom