SE codes from EA?

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
I am Lembits mate who got the codes. I only got the codes after I chased EA through their customer service. Took 4 replies including providing my original order details, dob, post code etc. To be fair to them, the replies were all made pretty quickly (1 hour each question) and well out of European working hours but it was annoying to have to go through their question system and to get the 'all codes will be delivered in 3-10 days' e-mail when I'd said ordered 15 days ago!

Go through their customer service if you ordered more than ten days ago and do it anyway if you have not heard by Friday.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Stuck at work, bit worried to hear I need to hound EA cos I cant get onto my email at work, looks like fun tonight (anyone else find their store needlessly confusing? Its stupidly difficult just to get to your account and find what you ordered (took me ages to figure I needed customer support)).

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
Im not realy that worried about OB but..
Ive send a mail to nl-cs (a) ea.com but.. after 2 days still no respond.

So i hope that GOA/Mithic is doing the support for warhammer online and not the EA customer service.. ive now send a mail to cs (a) ea.com.. dunno if it excists but its wurth a shot i think..

If the dutch support wont respond b4 the end of this week then i prob wont order at the EA store again. Always fun to find out these things after u order :p

Negura`

Fledgling Freddie
They have not answered to my ticket for 2 days now, so yes their customer support seems to be one of the worst out there.

Syngress

Fledgling Freddie
I have just had to open yet another ticket with EA, as my previous 3 tickets have 'disappeared'....

Also I seem to have major issues with logging into the site and need to request a new password nearly every other couple of days.....and no its not me forgetting my password, just being unable to login...

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
hmm dunno if u guys are having the same problem with the ea store but the last 2 days i am not even able to open details of my order (the place where u can also cancel it). Some strange things going on with the website.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Managed to log in today but was unable to find any way to cancel my account (wanna use D2D cos they give codes out early). Still, we have been told that EA is delivering on the 6/8/08, I just really hope they aren't 'delayed', I avoided the free beta keys cos I figured I already had one...
:(

Khazoom

Fledgling Freddie
Barluk , it took them only 4 days to reply to a question i had about the beta keys. 05/09 no and still waiting. sent them another message just to keep them on their toes.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Just got an e-mail saying they are sending them out on the 6th and 7th... replied saying that was unacceptable

SB_Mackem

Loyal Freddie
Decided to email them yesterday, got a reply same day, but only just got around to checking it and replying just now. Unfortunately they just wanted more of my details for security purposes... I guess Name,Email and Order Number isnt enough for them lol. And I sent it whilst logged into my account on support so dont see the need for more info. Really gettin worried they just gonna fob us off, wish I went D2D, I thought EA would be the safe bet for the codes hehe. Will post again if any update.

Edit- Just read the above, guess Ill receive the same. Not good, dont see the reason for this at all

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone heard anymore? Cant check my emails at work, but might just bite the bullet and order D2D, can always give my Ea copy to my lil bro...

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't order from D2D as i don't have a credit card (i just avoid them like the plague heh). Well i'm hoping all goes well with this, sent EA an e-mail asking if i can get my codes but i suspect they will provide the same response to you guys.

Negura`

Fledgling Freddie
They have blatantly bad support. No updates/answers to the ticket during the last 4 days, and since I opened it they couldn't even get the product name right....

I am still trying to get some attention, will let you know if anything happens.

Veq

Fledgling Freddie
I have been in contact with EA for a few days now, and keep getting crazy answers.

After the first mail asking when to receive the beta and headstart codes they answered me that it takes 3-10 days to get the codes for Collectors Edition. Well, first of all I didn't order any CE, and secondly it had just passed 10 days since i ordered.

So I mailed them back, and this time they wanted all sorts of info, Order number, order date, email, username, zip code and a copy of the confirmation mail I got when ordered.

I sent them that and now I got a response that they are sending me to a senior level support which will take between 24-48 hours for a response.

Seriously EA, they seem to have no clue what so ever what they are doing, keep giving everyone different answers. I'm worried headstart and retail codes won't come in time.
Is this the kind of procedure you need to go through to get what you have ordered?

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
This is what i had to do,

Customer 08/31/2008 10:19 AM
Hi I still have not had my beta keys, I would like to know when I am getting them? for the order below;

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number: *******
Order Date: 27 August 2008

ORDER SUMMARY
Product SKU: 70409
Product Name: Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Sat Sep 06 17:00:00 CDT 2008

Response (EARepVladimir) 08/31/2008 02:08 PM
Hello Antony,

Thank you for writing to Ea.com account services.

We apologized for the inconvenience, we have checked through the information provided by you. Your order has been placed properly. We would like to inform you that within 10 days of placing the order you will get beta code.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Vladimir
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer 09/02/2008 08:14 AM
Will that mean I will still get in the open beta? That is why I paid the extra on your site if this is not going to happen for me then I would like a refund instead and I will buy else where.

Response (EARepRaimi) 09/03/2008 01:11 AM
Greetings Antony,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Here are the codes for the game Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning purchased by you:

Beta Code: [**********]

Head Start Code: [**********]

Sincerely,

EARep Raimi
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Hope this helps..

Negura`

Fledgling Freddie
I've ordered with D2D 15 minutes ago and already have my OB key.

Thus I have just raised a new ticket with a cancellation request for EA Store. As it's not simple finding this info, here's the link with the info on how to cancel with EA:
EA Support

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
im going to abuse the other customer support line then.. the dutch one just wont respond, so im using support.ea.com now and place my questions there.. maby ill get lucky. rly need to be sure that i get my keys in time.

SB_Mackem

Loyal Freddie
So I mailed them back, and this time they wanted all sorts of info, Order number, order date, email, username, zip code and a copy of the confirmation mail I got when ordered.

I sent them that and now I got a response that they are sending me to a senior level support which will take between 24-48 hours for a response.

Seems we have been given copy and pasted replys. These are two replys I have received today also, pathetic. And they keep thinking Im already in the game, with lines like we aim to get you back into the game fast as possible etc

SB_Mackem

Loyal Freddie
Sorry for double post wont let me edit. I have also cancelled from EA and ordered from D2D. Have just received my OB key in less than 30 minutes of ordering! Only reason I cancelled was due to the stupid customer support answers today, as Im sure if just waited would still have the keys in time tomorrow or Sunday, but everything about EA STORE from its account page to this beta code issue, doubt ill ever use it again.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Im sending my cancellation ticket now, D2D gave me OB keys 1 minute after my order was placed, plus £5 cheaper.

shang

Fledgling Freddie
Yep. I too, sent a cancellation notice to EA Store and ordered from D2D.co.uk instead. Got the open beta keys immediately after the order confirmation. Everything about the EA Store was absolutely horrid. The page navigation, account management and not to mention the quality and speed of support. Also, D2D was over 10€ cheaper in the end.

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
Funny thing is NORMAL edition (not premium) from Webhallen.com (sweden) hands out 3 keys.. open beta, livegame headstart, and item code

and on top of that anyone can get open beta code it seems since they are handing out more open beta codes to randoms etc then the 55.000 EXCLUSIVE GUARAANTEED OPEN BETA ACCESS that Collectors had 6 months ago.

So I sure hope they reduce the price for collectors edition since we're only paying for mousemat, stupid figurine and 1 extra head graphic per race/gender, possibly the exp tome aswell?

The mousemat better be omgwtf nice and good :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
changed to D2D as well, not yet gotten my keys through (almost 3 hours), but not to bothered as I got called up and asked to take extra shift mon-wend so not really able to play loads during Open Beta anyway.

Price I had to pay at EA: £43.42
Price at D2D: £29.95
Saved: £13.47

Given I get a £19.32 an hour at work with 40% taxes thats over 1 hours work pay saved by switching shops and judging from what people say about D2D and my new gained experience with EA, it also saved me a lot of hassle to switch merchants

Negura`

Fledgling Freddie
Iceforge to get your D2D key go to your account page, then find Warhammer Online there and there are 2 buttons: "Download" and "Send info".
Press "Send Info" to get your key sent.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, just found out, Negura, but thanks anyway :D I was like "oh, I have to ask for them", had somehow gotten the impression D2D just send them by themselves...

But as said, not to bothered due to work, so can't really play until Monday afternoon and then I am probarly going to be too tired... my schedule is pretty much 12 hours work saturday, then the minimum 11 hours off before coming in again and work for 9 hours and 45 minuts sunday, then the minimum 11 hours off before coming in for 7½ hours on monday....

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
rofl, now I got the message congratulating me on buying Warhammer 3 times :p

Veq

Fledgling Freddie
So I received a new response, this is what I got:

Thank you for writing Electronic Arts Technical Support,

I do apologise for the inconvenience and for the delay. I would like to inform you that the beta codes will be sent out to customers a few days before the start of the beta promotion and based from our information, it would be sent out before or during the 7th of September. We do not have a definite time as to when the codes will be released. Nonetheless, if you preordered the game from EA Store, you will receive the beta code for the promotion. And for more information about the beta promotion, you can visit Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Online or Electronic Arts BV Online Store - Welcome.

Thank you for your patience understanding.

Paul C.
EA UK Technical Support

This is pretty strange since some people seem to get their codes by contacting them about it but this time he just give me sort of a date. Although too late to send them the last day imo.

Another thing is that he direct me to the US WAR site, and not the EU site which makes me worried they will send the wrong codes. Perhaps they mix it up and send US beta and headstart codes.

Oh well, don't feel like whining more to them now, lets just hope they can deliver on time. Last time I use the EA Store after this.

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
Such fun that every one is getting an different respond from EA.. responces from "here are ure keys" to "sorry u gotta wait till the keys are released" it realy shows how good the internal comunication is at there customer support.

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
Update:

Just recieved my OB keys from ea.. but only those.. wich is quite wierd i must say.. ill keep hammering till i got all ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom