Say good bye to stealther RvR

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ranged buffs so fg's can be buffed etc.

Say... a mob as hard as the dragon then has a chance to drop an item with a charge for a base dex and a spec dex BUT not as strong as normal buffs.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Arumos said:
and would u ever let a caster live solo? just to clarify something for me :)

PS: to save you the bother i answer the question myself, no u wouldn't

yus i would save caster that got a standard for not screwing up fg fights.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
yus i would save caster that got a standard for not screwing up fg fights.

So the caster has to have a reputation? Be rr 11, and widely known through the community?

To be honest -I think that if you steamrolled no soloers at all, you would be better off when it comes to adds, as the soloers would remember that YOU did'nt add/steamroll. After all, its easier for the soloer to remember you group, than for you to remember all the soloers.

In short, you piss more people off and get more adds if you steamroll everyone that does not have a reputation, than if you steamroll noone. So you policy makes no sense.

But you probably like to get adds, as long as you can kill them -Don't you?

=)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yet another example of people ticking choices on surveys without considering the consequences, how many of you stealthers ticked the box without thinking of the results.....woops.

While removing BBs is a semi-decent idea, 1 tank can run round with his BB on bodyguard, or an FG can hunt with 1 or 2 in group, while a stealther can ill afford such luxuries, especially hunters/scouts/rangers (who dont get the group stealth ability!), this will be the end of those classes, as they are not normally welcome in groups.

Lets not even mention anyone one else who god forbids, WANTS to solo.

If this does get implimented by GOA, I can see the server figures plumitting, something I never thought I would say before, and now I see having BBs as a reasonable thing. Leave this idea to the classic server, leave the rest alone, despite whinges, I think for the most things are working well.

Listerine

Fledgling Freddie
mids wont be able to run with 3 healers cuz they gonna need an extra shamen? :eek2:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Listerine said:
mids wont be able to run with 3 healers cuz they gonna need an extra shamen? :eek2:
Always one idiot who claims the other realms OPd rather than offer a decent discussion about an issue affecting everyone :wanker:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Vilje said:
So the caster has to have a reputation? Be rr 11, and widely known through the community?

To be honest -I think that if you steamrolled no soloers at all, you would be better off when it comes to adds, as the soloers would remember that YOU did'nt add/steamroll. After all, its easier for the soloer to remember you group, than for you to remember all the soloers.

In short, you piss more people off and get more adds if you steamroll everyone that does not have a reputation, than if you steamroll noone. So you policy makes no sense.

=)

Wooord.

Got nothing but steamrolled since ive been back to daoc. Just returning the favour as it is now :m00:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
yeah, true. but it would hurt soloers and stealthers to most. becouse gank squads have it all coverd. they dont need bbs.

So the problem actually is.. that you wont be able to leech as good on bigger grps and then run away? cuz you will have less hp and damage output?...

awww :(

Anduril

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I doubt Mythic wants to lose 20% of the subscriptions, or 10%, or whatever, it means losing money so it most likely wont happen.
So true mate, this will never happen! I do also believe its more than 20% tbh :drink:
ppl should go play classic servers instead of whining here imo. Iknow, I will :touch:

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Vilje said:

=)

well no tbh cuz i just kill em before fight :D means no add in fight an im happy. and no he dosent need to be rr11 or 10 or whatever but he needs to not add and have rep for that :)

old.Whoodoo said:
Always one idiot who claims the other realms OPd rather than offer a decent discussion about an issue affecting everyone :wanker:

well since i don't know much about shamans, i'm gonna wonder, how the fuck is a shaman meant to spec buff a whole group? :eek:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
remi said:
Wooord.

Got nothing but steamrolled since ive been back to daoc. Just returning the favour as it is now :m00:

/whine. Killed you 1vs1 on Vampiir and Nightshade. Tho I do hit like a steamroll, perhaps you're referring to that? :O

Calo

Part of the furniture
Hestethun said:
well no tbh cuz i just kill em before fight :D means no add in fight an im happy. and no he dosent need to be rr11 or 10 or whatever but he needs to not add and have rep for that :)

lets see it from the other side.

Newbie A dings 50 and wants to go out rvr ( you know back in the days when u started it was uber cool when you could just smash someone with your grey hammer) and runs out solo, your fg meets him and you kill him because as you said, he has no "non-add" reputation, Newbie A is now angry because you killed him 8vs1 and will add on your fights now.

basicly your whining on something that is your own fault. you kill solo ppl, they return the favour to you, do these solo ppl whine? no , does your fg rr8 ppl whine? yep they do.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
From an unbuffed stealther I welcome this loads.

Most of my fights are against other stealthers and i loose loads should i say 80% as im unbuffed. It will make my game better being a stealther as i cant afford 2 accounts,

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
/whine. Killed you 1vs1 on Vampiir and Nightshade. Tho I do hit like a steamroll, perhaps you're referring to that? :O

thought your friggin vampiir was your ranger....vs infil i got ld and no b0ffs xD
nerf similar names n looks!

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Removing buffbots from stealthers will remove the rest of the solo/duo'ing stealthers.. stealthers will be forced to grp up and camp bridges and milegates to be able to hide their bots.. (no.. not ALL stealthers are camping theese places atm) This would deffinatly make alot of stealthers stop playing..

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Indrid said:
ppl who play stealthers and cant play their bb's, makes ppl not wanne pay for their buffbot account, meaning: 30% of goa's/mythic's income is reduced..

+ all those players who play solo classes and dont like this changes.. 20% stops playing, too few players and more quit..

makes them loose 50% of their income, if not more, so they will prolly not do it :):touch:

I think you're way over counting. First up, what's the percentage of players that play solo often? 10%? 20%? Unless things have changed a lot while I've been away, most players solo only when they can't find a group/zerg.

Second, of those soloers, not all have buffbots. Most do - say 90%. So now you're talking about 18% of total population.

Next, you have the percentage who are stealthers, and thus can't /stick their bot on their behind. Say 80% of the remaining. So now you're down to about 14%.

Then there's the amount that would actually quit. Say half of those remaining. A total of 7% of the player base.

Of course only Mythic knows the real figure. But over 50% seems... excessive :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
^^ so your having a go at somones made up figures with your own made up figures? :)

MY GUESS IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUESS!

:fluffle:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
^^ so your having a go at somones made up figures with your own made up figures? :)

MY GUESS IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUESS!

:fluffle:

Yeah, but mine's an *educated* guess ;) :m00:

RaZieL SoulReaver

Fledgling Freddie
well im not one for getting rid of bb's but i would like to see for those people that dont want or carnt afford 2 accounts and 2 pc's to run the game , why couldnt they have a thing like the hastener in the frontier that gave purp buffs to those that dont have or cannot afford bb's for what ever reason, why those people which include myself have a fair chance in rvr with stealthers or any class for that matter against someone like a Vamp who doesnt need buffs or people that have bb's think its a logical soloution myself just wondered what everyone else thought must be a few people out there who dont own bb's
:drink:

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Well I got a buff bot and I am all for the removal of buff bots. I think it's stupid and overpowering for all the wrong reasons.

Just give us rangers a little tweak to the bow line to compensate. Let the bladeturn penetration (u get as u spec higher in bow) work on self casted bladeturns and remove brittles as well. Then no beef from me.

pip

Banned
If stealthers dont struggle enough to light tanks/tanks/casters
they going to do this
get a clue:twak:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
LoL this thread is longer in the tooth than my vamp!

Seriously though, BB limits would kill ToA servers, and I'd leave the game forever if they implemented such a change now.

The time for these change was 3 years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom