Save Mordred Once & For All

KeepTake

Fledgling Freddie
Herald is bugged in regard to Mordred status for some reason.

Anyway a few months ago I started claiming 15 keeps myself. People would take the keeps back or I would. This helped people get geared, ML'd and even some RR's. Was fun and would be up for it if any one else is.

Stuff is so incredibly simple to do on Mordred and PvP/ganking is a non isue with so many zones etc...

Also necro's on Mordred are immune to any spells casted on it by mobs, makes some stuff EASY...

Lots of little tricks I learned I would like to try with a population. Using animists and a necro setup to drop lvl 65+++ mobs in SECONDS would be cool to try :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
pfft thats probably one of the reasons I wouldnt play if there's no challenge to it like that (maybe if they fixed the game it would be better), might aswell get pl'd and skip pve like a TOA server. And we all know what happens to a new playerbase when everyone starts doing that :/

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
pfft thats probably one of the reasons I wouldnt play if there's no challenge to it like that (maybe if they fixed the game it would be better), might aswell get pl'd and skip pve like a TOA server. And we all know what happens to a new playerbase when everyone starts doing that :/

Hence why I suggested a complete wipe and remove of /level for good. That way it at least encourages players to level a bit more and PvPers do their fair share ganking PLers ;p

Ideally they'd disable instance dungeons aswell, another pretty easy thing to do im sure..

H

Hollowdog

I think resetting is a good idea, only way to do something with server without it costing. i would def reactivating my 2 acc.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Also necro's on Mordred are immune to any spells casted on it by mobs, makes some stuff EASY...

Lots of little tricks I learned I would like to try with a population. Using animists and a necro setup to drop lvl 65+++ mobs in SECONDS would be cool to try :)

so in theory a necro can solo ml10??

Sounds like fun

Nibble

Part of the furniture
i miseed out ont eh PVP server types as when i started i was brought to play on Excal. which is a shame because i wanted to play on a PVP server for awhile now :p

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
i miseed out ont eh PVP server types as when i started i was brought to play on Excal. which is a shame because i wanted to play on a PVP server for awhile now :p

Tell your friends to post their support here :england:

PvP was the best time I had in DAoC by far!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Thanks for pming me the vw temp on vn scottius, hwo do you find the melee damage with bonuses so low ?

Nibble

Part of the furniture
well i looked at the temp n that was with leggie, so i use Spear of kings / Celerity weapon at times n as u no VW dps is silly

but if u want me to make u 1 lemmy know, i went with mien as HoT cloak / 10% peirce

then again jim VW temps are quite hard to make tbh n yeah caster Scalars sucks balls, oterhwise just check VN etc thats what i did n changed afew bits ets

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Melee bonuses are a wee bit low, i was really looking forward to the one i thought tags had made with 10/10/10 melee bonus :p

Its hilalrious tho i literally at 0 rps last night killed a thane and hunter who both got the jump on me in 5 swings

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
For anyone wondering, I run Faith PvP on DAoC Portal and PvP is far better than RvR for many, many reasons..

It would be great if someone lead a campaign like that of 2/3 years ago, it managed to get about 1-2k people back on Mordred for a few months and was great fun.

- English -

Resident Freddy
For anyone wondering, I run Faith PvP on DAoC Portal and PvP is far better than RvR for many, many reasons..

It would be great if someone lead a campaign like that of 2/3 years ago, it managed to get about 1-2k people back on Mordred for a few months and was great fun.

would be better if it wasnt i50, free rr7, free gear etc. Takes away the sense of acheivement with your character and bores fast ;p

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
would be better if it wasnt i50, free rr7, free gear etc. Takes away the sense of acheivement with your character and bores fast ;p

Hence why I proposed a server wipe and remove /level as the main fix!

If possible also;

1) Disable levelling instances.

With the amount of game content now levelling should be beyond easy...

- English -

Resident Freddy
Hence why I proposed a server wipe and remove /level as the main fix!

If possible also;

1) Disable levelling instances.

With the amount of game content now levelling should be beyond easy...

imo it would be better without all the TOA stuff. Perhaps SI but even then i think just classic would be better. Sadly it wont happen, and ill eat my words if it does - , the best bet is shards :)

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
imo it would be better without all the TOA stuff. Perhaps SI but even then i think just classic would be better. Sadly it wont happen, and ill eat my words if it does - , the best bet is shards :)

Classic PvP would be awesome... but can't see that happening anytime soon.

Best bet is a server re-set and removing /level... At this point im beginning to think there are no real human mythic mods though, rather a giant chimp at a keyboard looking confused at all the feedback he's receiving...

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at shards even those are few and far between at the moment. Uthgard and Faith pvp the only decent shards with any population.. Depressing to say the least. SORT OUT MORDRED!! :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Now you got the cold hard facts.. 2 people voted for the server reset and removal of the the /lvl 40, where I am guessing you were one of them? 56 people voted of which 48 people voted no. Mordred cannot be saved.

Saying you want to play Mordred again is like saying you wanna go up in WTC next time you visit New York, it's just not going to happen. Face it

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Currently 87% no.

Just give up.

Read my reply...

Posting a plain 'no' as an option is just an excuse for all the 'we hate mordred' club to vent their frustrations.

Fact is, NO isnt an option. One way or another something will be done to Morded:england:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
But no is an option and many people are selecting it by not logging on, this surely most be factored in when hoping for a revival ?

If you can't understand the problem then you will never find the solution tbh

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
But no is an option and many people are selecting it by not logging on, this surely most be factored in when hoping for a revival ?

If you can't understand the problem then you will never find the solution tbh

Why on earth would people log in with the state it's in currently? :eek:
How is this factored into the revival?

Why would I 'give up', it costs me nothing to campaign for something I miss a lot. Besides, im not a quitter.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ok let me be short and to the point.

You are acting like some EA conspiracy has locked away Mordred but the server is there and always has been, people just choose not to log on because atm with current playerbase a pvp ruleset server would be shit

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Right. Hence why i'm proposing a server-wipe, to fix the playerbase... So players do chose to log on...

To be honest if your gonna spam the same 'we don't care Mordred is dead let it rot' dont even bother. If you have no interest again don't bother. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just the general response of many on this post. The poll is concerned with those who still DO CARE about Mordred, no matter the number, and would like the chance to play it again. I will say one thing though, I wouldn't bash any sort of proposal to do with the improvment/overhaul of Ywain, which quite frankly bores the hell out of me, in fact i'd support it as I believe everybody is entitled to enjoy the game as they see fit and any attempt at maintaining DAoC should be encouraged not spat upon.

If nobody pays any interest to the poll then thats fair enough, I guess it's just me living in the past you say. But it sure as hell doesn't hurt to try.

KeepTake

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if some player run event would be a good idea?

Duels for items, scales, glass, ML's. First to kill X player in X zone... Quickest new 50 gets a free template. Something fun, IDK :p

Lawnmower

Fledgling Freddie
Keep, stuff like that is always good for a dieing server such as Mordred... When I have some more free time in a month i'l be renewing my acc with my free trial and going for some fun runs, so if nothing has happened before then i'd be interested in arranging some events with you!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom