Savage .. H2H or Axe?

F

friskyfox

I have a kobbie savage nearing lvl 40. I am not all that impressed with H2H and was thinking of respecing to Axe and would like a little advice to see if I am making the right decision?

S

svartmetall

Hmm...I have lvl20 Troll Savage (I know, I know, I've not bothered to update sig yet :p)and feels to me like it's all just starting to come together nicely, made HTH main stat.

TBH I don't see the point of playing a class that has HTH available as just another weapon-using class, we have a whole new way of doing dmg there so why not explore it to the fullest?

C

Carlos Bananos

i used to think h2h, till i rvr'd with Duva :l

2h is increidble with thier weaponskill + doublehits etc

S

scrow2

from my experience :

H2H can do heavy damage when u tripte/quad hit, but if your unlucky and only single hit you hit like a warrior
2H is more reliable damage.

Doesnt matter what you do, but at least spec 2H from 1->20. when I spec-ed h2h at lvl 5 I thought even my runemaster could melee a blue mob faster.

S

SevenSins

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
i used to think h2h, till i rvr'd with Duva :l

2h is increidble with thier weaponskill + doublehits etc

You can't double hit with 2h :p

T

tildson

No you cant doublehit with 2handers, though u can with 2 single axe's - Not with one 2hander

S

SevenSins

Originally posted by old.Flamin
Yes you can if your h2h-skill is high enough

You can only double hit with the following combos:

h2h + h2h

h2h + 1handed sword
h2h + 1handed hammer
h2h + 1handed axe

Left-hand usable axe + sword
Left-hand usable axe + hammer
Left-hand usable axe + axe
Left-hand usable axe + h2h

2h Weapons can not be double hitted with, not even with 50+20 h2h.

D

doodle

thanks for the tips guys (its Frisky here!!)... i have a suggested spec for my savage .. what do u think?

39 axe
34 H2H
39 Savagery
11 Parry

using: Left-hand usable axe + axe

Some people have told me that my chance of a 3-4 hit is very low if u use this spec is this true?

/Frisky

C

chosen

Originally posted by scrow2
from my experience :

H2H can do heavy damage when u tripte/quad hit, but if your unlucky and only single hit you hit like a warrior
2H is more reliable damage.

Doesnt matter what you do, but at least spec 2H from 1->20. when I spec-ed h2h at lvl 5 I thought even my runemaster could melee a blue mob faster.

maybe you hit like a warrior with 1hit but 10x faster

G

Garh Khartari

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=45244624&replies=156

Lots of good information there, if you have some patience you should definately skim through that thread.

Personally I decided on the following spec with my Savage:

39 Hammer (Provoke - low end usage anytime style owns as Savage)
39 H2H (good chance of quad hits w/+11 from items and RR5, esp with some dualist reflex levels)
35 Savagery (32% haste)
8 Parry

I'm not saying this one is the best there is, but I like it, and am sure I won't regret it.

C

Carlos Bananos

from savage FAQ done by savage TL

Can you hit 3 or 4 times when using non-HTH weapons? (two axes or a hammer/sword for instance)

Yes. You can even use non-HTH styles and still hit multiple times.

h2h skill just increases your chance to do such hits

G

Garh Khartari

Yes, but only when dual-wielding ofcourse. :)

O

old.m0000

u never double/tripple/quad hit with 2-h

only dual weild

O

old.Lythande

Carlos you misunderstand, you CAN double/triple/even quad hit(but you'd have to give up much weapon-spec to do it) when dual-wielding axes etc, not with a 2H-weapon.

G

Gekul

That FAQ answer isn't worded well :eek:

I can't really comment on split specs yet, another few levels before I start raising my h2h. Both h2h and 2h have been decent enough in my experience. Both tend to improve a lot at the higher levels, h2h because of increased multi-hits, 2h because of the better savagery buffs.

T

Tasans

Giv specs.
Imo split specs are weak so ill either go
2h savage:
50 axe
42 sav
9 parry

h2h savage:
44 h2h
45 sav
rest parry.

O

old.m0000

imo split specs seem to make you jack of all, master of none.

50 h2h, 42 sav, 9 parry (the one im going for with my norse savage) - (u get 21% resist buffs for all, 32% haste, and basicly 2nd best buffs for parry/evade etc - low parry yeah but with a 21% buff 9+11+rr aint that bad)

Split spec is like, why? - why spec h2h AND axe, so u can quad hit with axes? - it gimps both melee because they have to be low spec and you're never gonna quad hit really with 34 or 39 or something in h2h (50+11+rr for teh winn). By speccing axe AND h2h the h2h is just getting used for the chance to hit, which i think is pointless, not only because there are some great h2h styles but also because i just dont see why unless you REALLY like axe style for some unknown reason, anyone would WANT to use duel axes??

only viable specs are full h2h or full axe/hammer/sword, and use 2-h weps

T

Tasans

H2h doesnt really have great styles, unless you know how to play the class. If you are a doublefrost4tehwin type of player h2h is the worst line with an 8 lvl anytime taunt. The only problems with 2h is bt, but then again you can assist a zerker :p
Ill go 50 axe because it has 1 of the best style chains in mid (havoc-tyrs fury) and some nice back positional. Good back positionals is a must for a savage since most of the classes youll be facing will be running away from you, so hammer is out of the question. Sword might be nice but polar rift sucks as anytime :/

[edit]
low parry yeah but with a 21% buff 9+11+rr aint that bad)
Chose kobbie exactly for that reason. Ever seen parry rates with 300 dex? :p

G

Gekul

only viable specs are full h2h or full axe/hammer/sword, and use 2-h weps

Even with only 39 weapon, split specs have higher wepskill than a 50 h2h savage. Attacks per round from 39 +14 h2h and 50+13 h2h were very similar, the 50 base quad hit more, but the 39 tripled more so it balances out some. A split spec will not have the next set of buffs, but enough to make them unviable?
I want to try something a little different, should be fun :) I'll see how viable split specs are in a few levels.

A

Audhumla

split

Going 39 axe 38 hth 37 savagery, currently at 39/28/37 and liking it.

I dont play my savage to be uber, i play it to have fun, and i love a char with some variety:

2xCleaver + quadhit = cool
1xCleaver + 1 HTH weapon = axe styles plus hotkeyed second HTH for back-pos stun.
2H axe: for the big and fast hits.

Granted, i wont have the weaponskill of a 50 weaponspec savage, I wont have the same amount of quads as a full HTH savage (but pretty near with some DR), but i think i'll have fun.

We'll see in 3 levels how it turns out, so far I have fun which is most important to me.

EDIT: Did i forget to mention that savage is fun? ;)

G

Gorb

Originally posted by Tasans
Ill go 50 axe because it has 1 of the best style chains in mid (havoc-tyrs fury) and some nice back positional. Good back positionals is a must for a savage since most of the classes youll be facing will be running away from you, so hammer is out of the question.

Why is hammer out of question? Imo Conquer followed up by Sledgehammer is as good combo as Evernight-Arctic Rift. Provoke and Lambast are also good styles. I'd go for Split spec with hammer.

T

Tasans

Conquer is crap, i can do the same dmg with conquer as with provoke, the only good is the slowed thingie, which im not even sure it works.

G

Gorb

Originally posted by stunned
conquer has 0 to hit bonus.

Usually you don't need bonuses when hitting someone in the back (no shield/parry). Conquer has high damage bonus and does quite decent damage + the slow effect makes it even easier to hit with the follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread