Berserker, weighted bearded axe or hand axe?

K

Kallio

Which one is the best offhand weapon?

The 16.5dps 2.9 speed Bearded axe

or

15.0 dps 2.4 speed hand axe?

edit: I was thinking of taking a hand axe because of faster speed

E

Einsi

imo 2cleavers :p

norse with 10qui fully capped / buffed with celerity etc will hit at capped speed with 2 cleavers :p naasty :p

K

Kindar

Originally posted by Kallio
Which one is the best offhand weapon?

The 16.5dps 2.9 speed Bearded axe

or

15.0 dps 2.4 speed hand axe?

edit: I was thinking of taking a hand axe because of faster speed

Well..my berz is using WBA as offhand atm. I think when the crafting skills are getting upped for the new items, we will see a lvl 51 handaxe. So far WBA is best for SC since it got more SC pts.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Einsi

norse with 10qui fully capped / buffed with celerity etc will hit at capped speed with 2 cleavers :p naasty :p

Youll need about 43% haste to accomplish that btw

W

Whisperess

scissored from old posts:

http://www.nukum.com/ra/Calc.html
use ( Speed(mainhand) + Speed(offhand) ) / 2 for the swing speed value. If you go below the swing speed hard cap you lose damage / swing and damage over time, so use slower axes.

You can also search BW for a full calc on damage/hit and damage over time posted by me and/or Slu.

( edit: http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=84604 a bit into the post, and: http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=87752 )

Most the stuff you need is in there. Some errors might exist, but you should get the basics anyway.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Arnor
Youll need about 43% haste to accomplish that btw

its possible with lvl 32 celerity and lvl 40 haste(dont know how high aug healers normally are though) and a buffbot that gives a 93 dex/quick buff. With 75 and no celerity you are swinging at 2.3 speed.
However it depends on your aug healer, as without celerity you dont swing at capped speed and you loose out on some damage that you would normally gain, because of the haste effect of LA (same styled bonus as if you would swing with 2 cleavers, but swinging at 3.45 instead of 4). But if you will be swinging near cap most of the fight then it might be worth it.

Also whisperess do you know if celerity and conc haste are added to eachother or are multiplied like all other haste modifiers are? If its added than lower amount of conc haste would suffice

Ow and WBA will always be the fastest crafted lefthand useable 16.5 dps axe.

B

Blazor Meneth

hope it won't be like the old days, zerks everywhere...

but use Handaxe imo :)

H

horil

rather zerker than savages ffs :D

ps. old good days berserkers didn't excist, there were only fotm thanes spamming mjollnir

B

bouh

i know only a few leet aug healers which can provide celerity almost 100% of time of the battle.

w/o a celerity im getting 1.8s/swing using 4.2+2.4 axes, with best haste (or tg proc from steinvor) and with maxed qui.
if i'd use 2.9 speed offhand it will be 1.95s/swing.

D

Denisée

Originally posted by Einsi

I wish you good luck in finding those healers who can provide you cele all the time, few can, but really comes down to the rest of the group ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by horil
Arnor got zerker sc template I can leech? ;)

sure, but its really crappy (my first) and its all mp

still want it?

N

Negura

Imo. you shouldn't make your template considering celerity.
Because of the crap range, h2h savages that dont need it, and the many other things healers have to do in a battle, you'll get celerity pretty rare.
You can count on healer buff haste though, at least until the healer dies. :)

So the best is 16.5/4.2 + 2.4 HA.

Users who are viewing this thread