Better Savage spec? (H2H or 2H)

B

Brutalos

I have a savage, who i had specced with 2H axe (50-42-9), and respecced to h2h (50-42-9) for the back/side stun styles, and for the multiple hits chance (not fot the m.hits so much since i know that they dont happen often but they sure help when they happen). Anyone has any opinion after playing a 2H axe/sword/hammer savage and a h2h savage? Who is the most usefull/has good dmg deal?

I believe though that a h2h savage is much better since he hits much faster, has stun styles, has multiple hits chance....

Any post would help :>

K

kathal_tdd

I don't get it, but what the heck, as long as it helps.
I got a friend with a really cute cat.
Normally I hate cats, but this one is really cute.
I gave it some food and now we are good friends:)

V

vintervargen

Hmm, so you either want to be

1) uber
or
2) more uber

but dont know which spec is what? i feel sorry 4 u ;/

A

Arnor

I know this will come back and hit me in the face and/or back but here goes: most uber savage spec is 50sword, 42savagery, 8hth, 4 parry (thx hellige)

B

Brutalos

ermm sorry that i didnt mention, this thread is not for the mentally dead ppl.. any post would help ---> according to what i asked above...

Alderian, i want to create a character that will be usefull enough in RvR grps.

Arnor, 8h2h wont give any + to the savage, u can get double hits ONLY when u weild 2H after u pass 25h2h in skill.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Brutalos
Alderian, i want to create a character that will be usefull enough in RvR grps.

and of course your zerk will do less dmg then a pac specced healer after 1.62, right:confused:

B

Brutalos

And who mentioned that i will stop playing my zerker Alderi? The sc will soon finish on savage so i will play both, zerker will continue playing despite the upcoming nerf .. nerfs exist to make us have even better challenges. Hope we can have an encounter soon after patch to test it :x

V

vintervargen

sure, i'd love to see you evade my arrows as a troll zerk xD

O

osrim

2H hammah here

I wondered how troll 2h savage would work and did one, 15+ str, 10+ con from parents.

Ended up 44 hammer, 49 sav, 4 parry spec. Works very well when grped and hammer rocks against buffed stealthers, can take em once and while unbuffed and no ip used. :)

Savages have uber defence compared zerks, 25% melee resistance chants, 360 evade and evade parry boofs..<shrugs>.

50 weapon specs seems work well too, couple guildies went 50 sword.

Slash has advantage with armor tables but ppl seems tend to have less crush resistance than slash usually which evens that a bit.

P

PainLady

Re: 2H hammah here

Originally posted by osrim
I wondered how troll 2h savage would work and did one, 15+ str, 10+ con from parents.

Ended up 44 hammer, 49 sav, 4 parry spec. Works very well when grped and hammer rocks against buffed stealthers, can take em once and while unbuffed and no ip used. :)

Savages have uber defence compared zerks, 25% melee resistance chants, 360 evade and evade parry boofs..<shrugs>.

50 weapon specs seems work well too, couple guildies went 50 sword.

Slash has advantage with armor tables but ppl seems tend to have less crush resistance than slash usually which evens that a bit.

Hi Osril :) :) :)

B

Brutalos

Yeah sounds good, i've even tested 44/49 but its better to have higher ws & 50 weapon style than having red self buffs imho. Btw i still think that h2h has more advantages, although a 2H savage ends up really fast (for a 2H weilder, always talking with Sef buffs) and dealing high dmg...

Alderian i hope u are not one of the whiners for the nerf :x

O

osrim

Yeah sounds good, i've even tested 44/49 but its better to have higher ws & 50 weapon style than having red self buffs imho. Btw i still think that h2h has more advantages, although a 2H savage ends up really fast (for a 2H weilder, always talking with Sef buffs) and dealing high dmg...

Last dps boof raised my caps about 30 pts...does going weaponspec 44-50 do same? dunno, think not. imo

Atm i have 1349 ws with 44+15 hammer, 217str (unbuffed). 1659 ws buffed. Havent felt any problem with this ws.

Last savagery boofs are noticeable too.

I did char i wanted, so far im very satisfied cause took some time to lvl get gear to him etc.

Alderian i hope u are not one of the whiners for the nerf :x

Well, bonedancer > savage any day.

Heyy aarween :d

A

Arnor

8hth is for nothing else then the backstun, your chasing someone annoying, whip out h2h wpns, stun him, flick back 2h sword and ragnarok his ass back to jura.

alderian sold his zerker long ago :p

D

Driwen

Originally posted by osrim
Last dps boof raised my caps about 30 pts...does going weaponspec 44-50 do same? dunno, think not. imo

the 49 gives 4% more damage than the 39 buff. But it also takes 1% more hp though. So on 400 damage (savage is prolly hitting for less though) it would give you 16 points extra. I do think that 6 points put extra in weapon will raise your cap by more and it gives you the advantage of being parried/evaded/blocked less :).

Z

zmurf

I have a savage, who i had specced with 2H axe (50-42-9), and respecced to h2h (50-42-9) for the back/side stun styles, and for the multiple hits chance (not fot the m.hits so much since i know that they dont happen often but they sure help when they happen). Anyone has any opinion after playing a 2H axe/sword/hammer savage and a h2h savage? Who is the most usefull/has good dmg deal?

I believe though that a h2h savage is much better since he hits much faster, has stun styles, has multiple hits chance....

At rr <5 i'd say 2h is best but at rr 6< h2h is better cause u can afford dr3 / mopain 3 or even 4/4 which is the true dmg in h2h ... :/

B

belth

I think the real question here is...

How many buttons do you want to press?

With 2h you press less (shorter chains, if any).

K

katt!

i really doubt 44-50 weapon will increase dmg more than the last line of self buffs.

unless you need the lvl 50 style (ragnarok etc).

B

belth

I think you're going to "need" the additional Weapskill with H2H atleast, it being hybrid.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by belth
I think the real question here is...

How many buttons do you want to press?

With 2h you press less (shorter chains, if any).

[irony] Yea the real question is the amount of button's u wanna use, not if u like the char or if u wan't a specific skill for rvr ...[/irony]

Users who are viewing this thread