question about skalds (solo)

Chance

Loyal Freddie
how much charisma and dex?? should get +11 parry? +battlesongs??

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
I aim for having 250 dex buffed, no more than that. Parry if possible, got 8 in current suit iirc.

charisma, i tend to not have a lot of it, 30-40 only getting me to around 150, prefer resists, str, qui, con & hp to parry,char&dex. Get oop pve only and damage increase not so hot. With low utility items like PH, GoV, maddening & SoM in u tend to be stretched getting all things perfect.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
It depends... tbh how u plan to play it...

for a start if ure goin 50weapon and 43songs or 50songs 43weapon, there is no reason at all to have dex in your template , with 2 in parry , even 2+11 ure not gonna be parrying anyway unless your a kobold , all skald weps are str based so theres no reason to have dex, as all our spells are insta's.

I was told a while back that Dex affects your accuracy on weps, which is utter bollox, i hit the same and as well as i did with capped dex , then with the 15 odd dex i got now , dont know where they get this info from tbh lol..

As for charisma , well if u plan to solo a lot them DD's help out a ton so you'll preferebly want to get it near to cap , i wouldnt bother about overcappin as theyre not that much more powerful that way. As for Grouping, if ure plannin to fight other grps a lot then there really isnt much point, for powerpool wise your grp will probably have some sort of power regen for u or theres plenty of items or RA's , and vs other grps, there isnt a chance in hell they wont have body resists buffs up if theyre serious , and everyone caps bodys, ure dd's will prolly bounce off , so if u plan to run in a grp, charisma isnt that important.

Nor is +battlesongs , it only adds a tinybit more dmg to shouts and a tiny bit more duration to the pulse of songs when u switch to another one (bit like +spell duration) so u wont need +all magic lines from items..

As for the +11parry, again depends on spec, some go something like 44wep 46songs 17parry, in which case the +11 will affect u quite a bit (im assuming ure a norse) . Also a lot of people say never use a 1hander on skalds, while this is generally a good idea for hittin someone, theres times where ull find a 1hander is a lot more useful , like hittin people in the back to snare quicker, or breaking thru bladeturns. I personally have Bruiser for the seige dmg buff in mainhand and cyclops eye in the shield slot for stealth lore so i dont have to use SL from SoM :) , and if ure up against a lot of casters, cyclops has a lot of resists on it too.

2h im using my Champ wep atm, but i may change as i think the skalds champ wep is actually a bit shite, some would disagree with me there, but theres no procs and the /use charges arent that grt (well maybe the hp pow regen one but long timer) so i may switch it to malice. And lastly if u solo and ure not 50 wep, go hammer , sword endo usage sux even with the end redux chant up , and u wont want that up in melee ull want the ablative or piss poor dmg song , and axe styles suck :) Hammer lambast>provoke ftw ^^ , it also has a snare from both side and back

Some will argue my points here, but thats just my oppinion on skalds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom