Rvr

Calo

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
Seriously come and be a zombie vs a Lord room full of Warlocks/healers. Any stun or frog form and zombie is entirely negated. How you can think Heretic is better than Warlock in keeps is beyond me and lets not even get started on the Animist.

warlocks are fucked up, but heretics also, ur acting like its perfectly normal that u have a class that CAN INTERRUPT A WHOLE room? Its not.

but then again, the usual response will be " u have warlocks or , 50 000 years ago u had 3 relics so now its fair we have this! "

warlocks, heretics and animists should be removed from the game, and hib & midgard should be given a class like theurgs aka a petspamming class.

mixal

Banned
Calo said:
warlocks, heretics and animists should be removed from the game

Better nerf those classes. Reduce damage , reduce shroom numbers , reduce modes and reduce insta-cast :) :eek7:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
warlocks are fucked up, but heretics also, ur acting like its perfectly normal that u have a class that CAN INTERRUPT A WHOLE room? Its not.

but then again, the usual response will be " u have warlocks or , 50 000 years ago u had 3 relics so now its fair we have this! "

warlocks, heretics and animists should be removed from the game, and hib & midgard should be given a class like theurgs aka a petspamming class.

yeah!
i want a 2nd animist class!

and i thought midgard allready would be given this via thanes?

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:

thanes and valks - but how effective it will actually be remains to be seen.

it's not like we will be able to take down ml10 mobs with 5 thanes/valks, 2 healers and a shammy in 40 seconds anyway.

polza

Loyal Freddie
AngelHeal said:
yeah!
i want a 2nd animist class!

and i want u to learn how to read, his sayin remove animist and replace it with pet spammer similar to theug

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Yet again, Albs have steamrolled midgard and taken many keeps, killed all the porting, except Arvakr, just what is the point??
well maybe it was so that the mid's couldnt come back to eras so fast so alb's could actualy "zerg" the keep rather than being "outskilled" by the WL zerg...
not saying that i like'd that mid's couldnt port anywhere cos it ruin'd my rp earning's completely, but didnt bother to much about it as it help'd the realm :cheers:

[edit] we only had nottmore witch we couldnt port to and mid's had eras witch they couldnt port to either, ye ye many keep's

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
u can do better Javai...

lets say u rezz, u send monster in, at this time warlocks will have to use their so called moc4 wasting all their power just to get those monsters down who chain interrupt everyone.
And while our healers are completly interrupted tanks hp goes down from the 59999 dots they get...

yea i'd say they are the must fucked up char in keepfights, u won't notice because u always outnumber us anyway :)

we tried that we had 2-3 zombies going in a few times in a row - didn't make a dent in the lord room. If they're so overpowered how come we didn't manage to clear the lord room despite having 42 zombies?

Albion has always been underpowered when it comes to breaking into a lord room - before we had warlocks and heretics it was just spiritmasters standing in the corner spamming their pbaoe (which combined with lag made it impossible to get anything into the lord room to fight back) - not going to get into hibs ;) Zombies even things out.

At least you have classes that can nuke/pbaoe and even heal through banelord interrupts. Oh and more than one aoe damage class ;) (matter cabalist dots don't count, neither does aoe smite :p)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
we tried that we had 2-3 zombies going in a few times in a row - didn't make a dent in the lord room. If they're so overpowered how come we didn't manage to clear the lord room despite having 42 zombies?

Albion has always been underpowered when it comes to breaking into a lord room - before we had warlocks and heretics it was just spiritmasters standing in the corner spamming their pbaoe (which combined with lag made it impossible to get anything into the lord room to fight back) - not going to get into hibs ;) Zombies even things out.

At least you have classes that can nuke/pbaoe and even heal through banelord interrupts. Oh and more than one aoe damage class ;) (matter cabalist dots don't count, neither does aoe smite :p)

If skalds get TWF i will shut up and say heretics are underpowered ;)

Sos'ing into an alb zerg with phase shift and then *poef* TWF!

polza

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

aye i agree albs r seriously underpowered y ohw y didnt mythic giv them a pbaoe class, to pb at lords entrance..........

no wait they did. think ull find every single realm strugles to get past a few pbaoes at entrance to lords room.

Arepa

One of Freddy's beloved
polza said:
aye i agree albs r seriously underpowered y ohw y didnt mythic giv them a pbaoe class, to pb at lords entrance..........

no wait they did. think ull find every single realm strugles to get past a few pbaoes at entrance to lords room.

Hmmm what is Ice Wizz cant tha PBAE at entence?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
rvr been fun lately:) but could have been a whole lot more fun if you when you encounter 3+ warlocs could do anything to survive. Its just an insta death....
That might be the case when 3 tanks attack you at same time too..or other casters assist on you, but in the other cases you always have an opurtunity to stop or avoid it somehow^^
So that disapoint me abit..cause its just not fun:)
Other then that its been some great battles at times.

Thyre

Fledgling Freddie
soon as ppl (mostly albs when its happends) get they ass wipped/killed u whine like hell nerf that nerf that..

if u rush in to a pbaoe grp with strong healer support u are stupid i must say its a safe way to be killed.

when bd came all yelled nerf them they are op bla bla now day they easy get killd by a infil/ns whit ml9 abillity.

and yes wl was op before , after last patch i think not, if they are then u can nerf fw (nuked me for 1134 with 52% fire resist thats op)to and rest of all casters that do damage.

if ppl plays a class good and use it right they should have credit for it not a massive whine about op just face it this time u got beaten becuse some ppl played better and used class avantege better them u this time :cheers: tho those mids last night that did a great job

polza

Loyal Freddie
Thyre said:
soon as ppl (mostly albs when its happends) get they ass wipped/killed u whine like hell nerf that nerf that..

if u rush in to a pbaoe grp with strong healer support u are stupid i must say its a safe way to be killed.

when bd came all yelled nerf them they are op bla bla now day they easy get killd by a infil/ns whit ml9 abillity.

and yes wl was op before , after last patch i think not, if they are then u can nerf fw (nuked me for 1134 with 52% fire resist thats op)to and rest of all casters that do damage.

if ppl plays a class good and use it right they should have credit for it not a massive whine about op just face it this time u got beaten becuse some ppl played better and used class avantege better them u this time :cheers: tho those mids last night that did a great job

mostly thats tru tbh, but with warlock blue cons hittin u for 500dmg was stupid, btw warlock = matter dmg

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Thanes are much worse than heretics or warlocks,they can interrupt whole room with their aoe hammers!11

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Arepa said:
Hmmm what is Ice Wizz cant tha PBAE at entence?

Millions of them around... can't move for ice wizards... too many of them so they all think someone else will do the pbaoeing...

or possibly you just don't get ice wizards (something to do with them being a crap version of the other realms pbaoe)

Plus mid and hib have always had insta CC for countering campers - in old frontiers the few times I saw albs trying to camp the lord room they got insta mezzed or instastunned and wiped anyway.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Thyre said:

heh the whining started with a mid complaining about zombies ;)

anyway I'm not trying to whine :p (though I probably am whining ;)) just pointing out that zombies are there to balance things out a bit.

...Maybe if we made it so a warlock has to use the dead corpse of a realm mate to load their chambers...

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:

So that would be any class that can go banelord.
Any class with aoe dot/disease/damage.
Any class with aoe root/stun/mez.
Any class with aoe amnesia...

To be honest that's a really poor argument, it IS perfectly normal that a class can interrupt a whole room

I've read a hell of a lot of whining from Calo, but this one really takes the biscuit, Heretics are overpowered that's classic.

Let's point some basic facts out, I'll ignore the fact that when you say Heretics what you actually mean is monster rez for the moment and concentrate on that.

To be a monster you must have just died, this means all immunity timers are reset. While in monster form you cannot use any abilities, this means you cannot use purge if you have it up, All you can do is walk around while the aoe dot pulses. If you are mezzed/stunned the aoe pulse stops. The smarter people will have figured what's coming next but for the others I'll carry on. If a monster is mezzed, that's it, it's useless. If a monster is stunned it's as good as dead. Now here's the real clincher, Midgard has aoe stun as well as an instant aoe stun, this means any monster that appears in the Lord room should be instantly negated and subsequently point blanked to oblivion. But wait, that's not all, Mythic decided to introduced the most ludicrous class to Midgard in the warlock and while they were at it they saw fit to give it an ability that completely cancels a zombie \o/. Saying the Heretic/Monster rez is overpowered is like saying any class with aoe dot is overpowered, the only difference is you don't have to think about what to do when a cabalist appears at the doorway you just blindly carry on nuking.

So in conclusion, to Midgard a zombie should be nothing more serious than a cabalist appearing in the doorway, quick casting an aoe dot and running away.

If Heretics are so overpowered why did the albs have ~2 out of the ~75 strong zerg, while the mids with their so called inferior numbers have 5+ warlocks?

Talifer

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
polza said:
mostly thats tru tbh, but with warlock blue cons hittin u for 500dmg was stupid, btw warlock = matter dmg

only ones i hit for 500+ dmg are casters or stealthers when i use pbaoe
my dmg must suck then if a blue con hits that hard :/

Calo

Part of the furniture
Talifer said:

To be honest that's a really poor argument, it IS perfectly normal that a class can interrupt a whole room

I've read a hell of a lot of whining from Calo, but this one really takes the biscuit, Heretics are overpowered that's classic.

Let's point some basic facts out, I'll ignore the fact that when you say Heretics what you actually mean is monster rez for the moment and concentrate on that.

To be a monster you must have just died, this means all immunity timers are reset. While in monster form you cannot use any abilities, this means you cannot use purge if you have it up, All you can do is walk around while the aoe dot pulses. If you are mezzed/stunned the aoe pulse stops. The smarter people will have figured what's coming next but for the others I'll carry on. If a monster is mezzed, that's it, it's useless. If a monster is stunned it's as good as dead. Now here's the real clincher, Midgard has aoe stun as well as an instant aoe stun, this means any monster that appears in the Lord room should be instantly negated and subsequently point blanked to oblivion. But wait, that's not all, Mythic decided to introduced the most ludicrous class to Midgard in the warlock and while they were at it they saw fit to give it an ability that completely cancels a zombie \o/. Saying the Heretic/Monster rez is overpowered is like saying any class with aoe dot is overpowered, the only difference is you don't have to think about what to do when a cabalist appears at the doorway you just blindly carry on nuking.

So in conclusion, to Midgard a zombie should be nothing more serious than a cabalist appearing in the doorway, quick casting an aoe dot and running away.

If Heretics are so overpowered why did the albs have ~2 out of the ~75 strong zerg, while the mids with their so called inferior numbers have 5+ warlocks?

Talifer

not really no,

First i actually don't whine alot (plz quote all my whines about classes)
Then, the point is that heretics are not hugely OP like u think, i say they are fucked up, u know fucked up is not overpowered, i think those 2 words are different and have also a different meaning no? Yes warlocks are really overpowered.

A zombie is already dead so who fucking cares if he dies again? aslong as he can interrupt the mids it makes it alot easier for the other albs.

And wtf are you saying that every class with disease or mezz or stun can interrupt a whole room? cool so my skald can interrupt a whole room full with albs with a single mezz? should try that.

and the part that u THINK there are always +5 warlocks in every keepfight ( or what the hell u mean) is just bullshit cause Its just a wild guess.

Heretics are NOT OP , warlocks & animists are it, I just think heretics are the most annoying chars mids can encounter in a keepfight from albion.

polza

Loyal Freddie
Palemos said:
only ones i hit for 500+ dmg are casters or stealthers when i use pbaoe
my dmg must suck then if a blue con hits that hard :/

soz didnt mean with pbaoe i just meant with watever single dmg they have.

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:

Talifer said:
I've read a hell of a lot of whining from Calo...

I never mentioned anything about class whines.

Calo said:
Then, the point is that heretics are not hugely OP like u think, i say they are fucked up, u know fucked up is not overpowered, i think those 2 words are different and have also a different meaning no? Yes warlocks are really overpowered.

The wording is irrelevant to my argument, whatever word you use, you are suggesting that zombie gives some extreme advantage/disadvantage to the situation, while I don't believe this is the case, especially where Midgard is concerned.

Calo said:
A zombie is already dead so who fucking cares if he dies again? aslong as he can interrupt the mids it makes it alot easier for the other albs.

The albs don't care, the mids should. Again this really doesn't affect my argument in any way. A zombie shouldn't be able to interrupt the mids anymore than various other classes and banelords.

Calo said:
And wtf are you saying that every class with disease or mezz or stun can interrupt a whole room? cool so my skald can interrupt a whole room full with albs with a single mezz? should try that.

Talifer said:

You'll note in the above quote how I use the term aoe, this means area of effect. It's hard to debate if you don't read the posts

Calo said:
and the part that u THINK there are always +5 warlocks in every keepfight ( or what the hell u mean) is just bullshit cause Its just a wild guess.

No, I gave rough quotes for that particular fight that started this thread, in which I can name at least 5 of the Warlocks who were there and the Heretics also, so again your argument is going at a tangent.

Calo said:
Heretics are NOT OP , warlocks & animists are it, I just think heretics are the most annoying chars mids can encounter in a keepfight from albion.

And my point is that zombies are no more annoying than an aoe dot class, if a zombie gets off more than one dot pulse then you have only yourselves to blame for not putting it out of action. Nothing in your reply has really explained why my post is incorrect and why zombie is so "f****ed up".

Talifer

censi

Can't get enough of FH
warlocks are bad for the game.

Mythic were really cautious about insta damage prior to warlocks.

then all of a sudden the floodgates bust and they create a class that quite literally ownz.

This then pulls all the tards in to roll one and the unbalance is amplified via the sheer amount of the little bastereds running around.

no where near as bad as it used to be prior to nerf but still fooked up.

The other annoying thing is if you dont fancy a warlock mids have SM'd or BD's!!!

All I can say is its a good job they aren't the magic realm ;)

Kanim

Banned
censi said:
warlocks are bad for the game.

Mythic were really cautious about insta damage prior to warlocks.

then all of a sudden the floodgates bust and they create a class that quite literally ownz.

This then pulls all the tards in to roll one and the unbalance is amplified via the sheer amount of the little bastereds running around.

no where near as bad as it used to be prior to nerf but still fooked up.

The other annoying thing is if you dont fancy a warlock mids have SM'd or BD's!!!

All I can say is its a good job they aren't the magic realm ;)

midgard is underpowered and needs love.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
not really no,

Heretics are prolly the ONLY annoying alb class you can meet in a keepfight. ;)
Problem is, Heretic is not specially fun to play in RvR. the only really good thing you have is monsterrezz. But here is the surprise. Monsters give NO rps to the caster, making it not so fun to RvR with if thats all people want from you. ;) WHereas Warlocks or Banshees give themselves a lot of rps from their OP'edness. Hence everywhere I go I allways meet loads of banshees or warlocks. but whenever I really need a heretic there is no one around.

And yes you can be sure to meet at least 5 WL's at a keepfight, usually more. Thats a lot of insta uninteruptable PBAOE if you try to enter and yes it have wiped an alb zerg more than once. so yes. 4 WL's wiping 20 albs in 2 secs is wrong. Send a monster in wait 5 secs, send in tanks and what happens. they die to insta pbaoe anyway. ;)

Monsters is the ONLY semigood counter albs have, if there is even a heretic around and the clerics,palas,friars dont cast rezz as well and overwrite it. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mezz and stun do indeed work on zombies - however frogmode doesn't cancel it... it just turns you into an aoe dotting frog with serious absorb rather than an aoe dotting zombie...

Not done a scientific test but I'm pretty sure I was defending berkstead 3 with a frogified zombie :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
The monster res gets right on my tits :) Normally just root or mez them but there's always someone that tries to melee them :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom