RvR on Pry = Dead

Corran

Part of the furniture
Fadeh said:
Dont team up with other rvr groups. Its way to unfair vs the other people.

only time i see fit to team up with other RvR groups is if the enemy got ridiculous numbers. PE+Outcast in odins 1 night while back took out a load of hibs as 15men while PE rezz sick. it shows how overpowered the groups can be. Enemy want to run as 10fg dont see problem of 2fg rvr guild challenging them. TBH i think that be interesting for them as can be causing a little bit of havoc which each other and anything can happen (just as long as they aint 2fg of chanter grp's as they overpowered :p )

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
I said opt'd groups can run as they want and have said it many times ... the point i try to get across is that they seem to complain a lot about people adding/ zerging.

Where as I am not allowed to complain about opt'd groups but have to take thier comments about people zerging without batting an eye lid ?

The boards are about putting forward opinions I have stated mine .. you have stated yours. In my view they are elitest and out for themselves and in yours they are not. fair enough. You are bias'd by your experience in game and I am by mine both of which are different.

Those that have disagreed with me in the past have been from RvR guilds so you are voicing their opinion as you put it. And I am trying to put over the other side of the coin.

I never said ppl in RvR guilds were stupid ... i think i have said they are elitest and I think they are simply by the fact that they tend to seperate themselves from a lot of the rest of the game to be elite at RvR so where am i wrong ?

Never said I haven't whined I just pointed out the the whines might be going the other way now with the new systems put into the game to favour the large skirmishes over the fg setups.

I don't mean to come across superior as you put it just putting my point of view as you have done. Take it reply, to the arguement and the discussion goes on. I never found the term STFU to be a very valid argument. Pursued me / discuss with me your arguments and your views come across. Bring it to a personal level and you breed even more contempt.

My point is that you seem to whine about them whining more than they actually do whine themselves. BTW, when I say "them" I mean the miniscule percentage of all hardcore RvRs who actually feel the need to complain in the way that you claim most of us do.

Before you put forward a view about "them", define "them". By saying "RvR Guilds are elitist and out for themselves" you're tarring an awful lot of people with the same brush. I'm in an RvR guild, the only thing we do that's seperate from the realm is RvR and that's not 100% of the time. We PvE with, level with, relic raid with and occasionally RvR with other members of the realm. We prefer 1Fg combat with our guildies, we don't complain about people adding out of goodwill (we do complain about PEs stealth-add-squad but that's a different matter entirely). There are many guilds who seperate themselves from the realm in guild PvE hunts, guild exp sessions and guild events but does that make them elitist? No? All we do is PREFER to RvR as a guild, heck we don't even do that alot yet we're elitist?

Don't try and pass your previous whines off as innocent events, when you pointed out the whines may be going the other way you did so with relish. You don't make these comments innocently. You didn't just "point out", you did so in a condescending, patronising way.

STFU is a personal statement? Ha. Personal level? Get real...

My view on the subject was aired, I then aired my view on your comment. Quite simple.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Dont team up with other rvr groups. Its way to unfair vs the other people.
Play like U want, is not like edofire or steven gives a shit what we like, see the names of Steven or names from zergerances might asweel get 2fg and kill right away coz U know 3-5fg inc or camping.

I dont ask them to chance coz all have the right to play how they like, just dont expect me to do nothing. game changes change with it or die release all day.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Blame Mythic for the zergs as that is the only way the casual player can compete against a fully optimised group of high realm rank toons loaded with overpowered RAs. There is nothing fair about such a fg vs fg scrap. Ignoring that fact is to behave like an ostrich in the face of danger. Why should the casual players just go out in the frontiers to die to the teamfortress players providing fun only the second group? You dont need to be a rocket scientist to realise ALL players want to win. And with a rather badly designed realm abilities system achieving numerical superiority becomes a means to overcome losing all the time. That is a fact taht wont change with these whine threads. Trying to add a mental picture to the zerging opponent, and probably the main reason casual players dont get together with optimised groups is, first that they chose their class based on how much fun it sounded to play it, secondly you dont find out about the optimised concept until having leveled fairly high with the class they chose (game documentation actually gives you the impression all classes are viable in rvr, ack such innocence) and thirdly, it takes time to level a toon to 50 (and due to a rather shallow pve part of the game isnt very fun to repeat). So do you really think casual players have the time or will to go back to square 1 again when the harsh reality hits them in the face? Remember they spend a lot less time online than the rvr player normally. So what can they do to survive oin the battlefield then...?

Fadeh made a good summary of the challenge in killing low realm rank players, the only thing in a fgvsfg scrap for the rvrers are the realm points and at the end of the day the question arrives, what do you rvr for? Fun and challenging gameplay or high amounts of realm points?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
only time i see fit to team up with other RvR groups is if the enemy got ridiculous numbers. PE+Outcast in odins 1 night while back took out a load of hibs as 15men while PE rezz sick. it shows how overpowered the groups can be. Enemy want to run as 10fg dont see problem of 2fg rvr guild challenging them. TBH i think that be interesting for them as can be causing a little bit of havoc which each other and anything can happen (just as long as they aint 2fg of chanter grp's as they overpowered :p )

yea, you 2 guilds got a nice cg going imo, grats :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Pharaoh

Fledgling Freddie
pry rvr

tbh its a shit game, it has been for ages, but we still all play it
whine follows zerg follows whine......i beat u biggsy :)

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
Iceflower said:
And with a rather badly designed realm abilities system achieving numerical superiority becomes a means to overcome losing all the time.

I would make an interesting comparison to illustrate the matter, but you sum it up nicely!

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Pharaoh said:
tbh its a great game, it has been for ages, but you still play it because your a loser who dedicate so much of your time to something you dont like. Rather sad.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Pharaoh said:

its not really shit it just has some very painful imperfections and the lack of mythics will to fix them only adds to the annoyance they cause

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Korax, your avatar rocks and you're now my hero :m00:

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder who will say RvR is dead after tuesday ?

was over 200 in emain only hibs + mids , guard spam on crim said 98 and who emain gave 102. 10fg + albs reported in emain passing amg so RvR not dead at all.
Fun :eek6: having 1 LD every 3 min or lagging out seems to kill this kind of RvR :twak:

Goa fix the bloody servers .

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Have to say it's good news that the casual player will now get a lookin for RvR. Since I play at odd times in general (work) alot of nights not all (pub, cinema etc.) I'll never be part of regular opted group or anything but a casual player. To be fair I'm not sure I'd want to sacrifice my friends even if work didn't didn't get in the way :cheers:

I'm a casual UT player as well (and some other FPS's too) the difference being as a casual UT player I log into any game and give a decent account of myself and enjoy a good frag. I may not finish top but I know that I'll probably be mid-table due to my skill at the game. If I left the game for 3 or 4 months I'd still be good.

Most players *are* casual players and they are the ones who keep the game going with their subs money. They deserve the right to compete with everyone else. Sure this may mean they zerg but if that what it takes to win that's what they'll do.

Cause and effect. If all you ever meet is high RR opted groups you either log in frustration or bring more friends next time. I'd rather people brought more friends than logged tbh. It's only a matter of time before the frustration level causes them to leave the game and look for another game that's kinder to the casual player.

I think there's a realisation that alot of casual players are getting fed up with taking a beating constantly and that, to some extent at least, that ToA and the upcoming RvR patch will try to correct that. The alternatives to DaoC are going to increase in terms of MMRPGs soon (WoW, Warhammer Online etc.) and if the casual players aren't getting a fair bite of the cherry they'll be the first to jump ship since they have less to lose in the first place.

Feel free to disagree. I'm sure alot of folks will :)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfat said:
Feel free to disagree. I'm sure alot of folks will :)

Dont disagree but the server (or the game) just cant handel it. If the purpose is to have large batles then people shouldnt go LD or have 4 sec delay when 150 meet in a fight.

Just think what lets say 5 fg rvr groups runing as a zerg in Toa can do, will the casual player enjoy this ? they would have to bring a lot of friends. I will move with what the game gives, so if its gonna be people runing 3fg Iam up for it, just dont see this will improve rvr for the people that spend less time in game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom