RvR on Pry = Dead

Vestax

Loyal Freddie
Example of last night,

Odins = 3 fgs Hibs camping amg, soon as my group gets near, PC lags and zerged to death. Guess Odins will be even more zergy in the future thanks to /level 30

Hadrians wall = Lots of albs roleplaying in chatgroups, basically an excuse for an alb zerg "Send 4 fgs to take out those 2 stealthers at the milegate kin!". cba with joining zergs and getting 2 rps per kill every 30 minutes.

Emain = l337 rr8 savage & chanter groups 4thewin OR mpk camped by albs

Such fun

Vae

Resident Freddy
The albs ended up in HW because they retook Eras from the mids. Then we had 4fg mids or more and 4fg hibs or so loose in HW so no wonder the albs all headed there. At one point the cg reported that probably 6-7fg Mids had come through MMG hence the above average response. However to those who claim alb was camping MMG for ages with 10fg that's just untrue. We had about 5 stealthers there and majority of the time there was no other albs in sight.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, so when lots of ppl are RvR'ing that = dead RvR? :confused:

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
slap the one who decided to give back /level 30 to hib
:touch:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I thought Vestax was ok - now it seems he's lost all ability for cognitive thought :rolleyes:

spook

Fledgling Freddie
many of the people out currently aren't from the recently /Level 30 (not what I see at least)

They're people that've been around for some time (possibly from last time we had /lvl 30 or before as regular xp'ers)

Have no idea why they're all suddenly venturing out, but guess they stick together because they know that's the only way they can fight the high rank opponents and earn some rps themselves. But anyways, this seems to be the way Mythic wants the game to be.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Vestax said:
Example of last night,

Odins = 3 fgs Hibs camping amg, soon as my group gets near, PC lags and zerged to death. Guess Odins will be even more zergy in the future thanks to /level 30

Hadrians wall = Lots of albs roleplaying in chatgroups, basically an excuse for an alb zerg "Send 4 fgs to take out those 2 stealthers at the milegate kin!". cba with joining zergs and getting 2 rps per kill every 30 minutes.

Emain = l337 rr8 savage & chanter groups 4thewin OR mpk camped by albs

Such fun
Odins was just silly. Soon as some albs/mids appeared the hibs that 'spread out' from amg all suddenly reappeared to add on every fight. Was the case of 3fg adds on a 1fg vs 1fg fight. All rez up, run off, soon as someone else appears ....

Was an ace hib guild in blue and white, saw 1fg albs coming through amg as they ran into amg, did a 180 and ran off the other way as fast as possible. Waited for some other hibs to attack them and suddenly came back and added :p

Aranor

Fledgling Freddie
Balanced alb groups can play very good. Stop complaining and start training. ;) Takes a lil effort but I'm guessing you cba with that :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
well dont go blaming albs fully..

went odins. Fight Mael, they call on their second group. still holding own so they call on a 3rd group, this time caster setup to add into it while we already weakened state. We die.
Go back.
2-3fg hibs zerg us. (maybe due to the mids adding?)
Go back.
2-3fg hibs zerg us
Go back
2-3fg mids zerg us. (this time i blame hibs for the mids)
Go HW.
4-5fg hibs camping mmg zerg us (basically hit 1 caster and 5 more appeared every time it seemed, only 2 albs up their previously, dunno about mids, zerg seemed un-necessary but severnace there so it explained :p )
Go Emain
kill 1fg mids as 2nd fg add, kill half them another fg add, still holding own and yet another fg add, and being EL not like we had much chance of holding our own with them + 2fgish more :(

Oh and in this time there was no alb zerg, especially odins till after my group died twice to zergs, after that some other alliance were there breifly with a few fg that i think hib zerg wiped out.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

aye and our random group met ur group at amg u 'held ur own' with the 5 assisting scouts almost insta killing our support. aim and co :m00:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

went odins. Fight Mael, they call on their second group. still holding own so they call on a 3rd group, this time caster setup to add into it while we already weakened state. We die.

pfffft!!114343 was a mg, and yea...awfully alot of mids in odins at that time. didnt cfh fyi :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
OK a few months ago it was Rvr = dead because no one ventured out Hibs had totally retreated into themselves with only a few dedicated rvr guilds going out rvring regulary.

Basically everyone else in the realm has been making alts either bm's or chanters etc. Everyone was running with FOTM gank squads then basically suddenly someone works out "hey they dont run with any casters" and then the casters come out too play again and it does get zergy its got nothing to do with the game its got everything to do with people are now ready they are prepared, they got drops they got spellcrafted gear they got the groups sorted.

ANd as soon as we start killing albs/mids people start complaining i can admit that last night the hibs were zerging around odins and having a lot of fun. Personally i very rarely see albs about and when they do show they get steamrollered. Its not zerg mentality its just that suddenly people have clicked how too rvr well. SInstead of the QUick run or omg they got det. We using the tools available too us.

If you think that makes RVR dead then get together with your realm work out where your going wrong and sort it out, if that means you all spend 2 weeks re rolling new toons farming drops then do it now before rvr does die too the toa pve that will be happening soon :)

Path

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say RvR sucks more due to the Alb pop, ~40 ALbs in emain a weekday afternoon and no Mids/hibs bar stealthers frankly sucks ^^ At this rate we'll have to log grps in DF to find anything to farm ;)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:

Go back.
2-3fg hibs zerg us. (maybe due to the mids adding?)
Go back.
2-3fg hibs zerg us
Go back
2-3fg mids zerg us. (this time i blame hibs for the mids)
Go HW.
4-5fg hibs camping mmg zerg us (basically hit 1 caster and 5 more appeared every time it seemed, only 2 albs up their previously, dunno about mids, zerg seemed un-necessary but severnace there so it explained :p )
Go Emain
kill 1fg mids as 2nd fg add, kill half them another fg add, still holding own and yet another fg add, and being EL not like we had much chance of holding our own with them + 2fgish more :(

Lol was a great evening yeah :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ncr said:
slap the one who decided to give back /level 30 to hib
:touch:

/level 30 on Hib was needed. Not for RvR; indeed. But for PvE. It is still very hard for Hibs to get groups in PvE. Small population so less chance to get a group going in PvE. Level 30 is put back so this would get easier.

However a tremendous % of Hibernians is active in RvR on Prydwen. Relative more Hibs RvR then Albs or Mids do. It might look to you /level 30 was not needed or stuff; and in terms of RvR I agree. In terms of PvE its very welcome tho. We (atleast I; I think the rest of Hibs will agree) hope that /level 30 will fix some of the population inbalance and make Hibernia/Prydwen abit more populated in PvE as well.

It is time for the Mids to get out of Malmo and go RvR too ;)

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
how bout a new kind of RvR? When you actually have to work with lots of other realm mates...like how the real wars were fought? think about that? maybe it will be lots more fun, having 3fg mids fighting 3fg albs. sure there will be less RP...but who loves an RP whore? dont complain and enjoy it. if other peopel zerg...why wont you?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
3 way zerg'a'thon is <yawn> as 95% of people don't have a PC that can cope and the realm point system punishes zergs by handing out crappy amounts of points just because another group got part of your kill. I can understand losing maybe half the points but when you kill someone and get 4rps it is really taking the piss :) fg v fg is a challenge and can be much more intense, just the way I like it, shame Mythic say the game was designed for zerging and yet the graphics/networking system can't cope and the kill payout system sucks. Apart that, life is great :p

Eroa

Banned
I tought people been saying that Prydwen RVR been dead the last year or so ^^

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Last night wasn't /level 30 in action, or can you not tell the difference between rr1 and rr5/6?

HDS had a caster group in HW, as did Severance (2 actualy) and there was another group floating about, made up of not necessarily randoms, but not of the same guild.

Yes, we did converge on mmgHW alot, but only when reports of Mid Zerg were heard over /send.

fyi, was a damn nice fight that time when the 2fg mids added onto us after the albs arrived at amg, we were stuck in the middle with 2fg, nice even fight, pity the mid support decided to sit right underneath the pbaoe casters....

Overall, I think RvR is actually getting better on Prydwen now, not only for 'random' groups but also for opted ones as well.

Hell, HDS even manages to beat EL sometimes now, figure that :s

Did get a little pissed off on Monday night though, with first Mid zergs in Odins, and then Alb zergs in HW (I don't really need to link to the .wmv now, do I?) which then caused HDS + Severance to run together for a bit in HW, splitting up afterwards.

Hopefully TOA will solve alot of the problem with PCs choking vs Teh Zerg™, and also when Mids and Hibs are there too ;)

I do love a good big fight, the one at hmgO last night (Tuesday) around 8.30pm GMT was great, 2-3fg Mids, vs HDS mages + AD group, with Albs adding in mid-way, nice 5-6 minute fight with all RAs blown and a good 5 pots used and 4k RP gained, those are the ones that really show me Prydwen RvR isn't dead.

Yes, running into an opted group with a group of randoms isn't very nice, and being on both the random and opted sides recently I can empathise with both parties, but it only makes people mprove, and as Aranor said, a little effort into groups can go a long way!

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd say RvR on prydwen isn't dying, its been growing of late, we're even experiencing shades of Excal with all the zerging going on. It's started to get very difficult to run a single FG and survive for any period of time, while this sucks for getting the fun opted FG vs. FG fights, it at least beats running around empty frontiers finding nothing to fight. :eek7:

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Did get a little pissed off on Monday night though, with first Mid zergs in Odins, and then Alb zergs in HW (I don't really need to link to the .wmv now, do I?)

please do

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
im sorry but i think RvR is more alive on pryd then it has been in a long while. yes its anoying being zerged but this to me is just the case of more and more peeps wanting to play and its hard to start out at low rr against these high rr opted fg vs fg grps. so u go strengt in numbers makes sence really. i enjoy watching some of the vids of fg vs fg fights and man some of u know your stuff but wouldnt the next lvl of development for fg vs fg groups be to figure out how to use those tactics against larger numbers while being assisted by other realm mates. so maybe 1 fg cant take out 6 fg but maybe 3 very well trained fg's could? and wouldnt the satisfaction of winning those fights be as good if not better? or if instead of 1 fg vs 1 fg opted grps..u would have 3 fg vs 3fg of opted grps fighting?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
yeh, some great fights in odin yesterday (was duoing with shani)

made 8-9K or so in 2 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom