Rust

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Unsure if anyone here plays this.

In a week or so I'm gathering a band of merry men to play some Rust, let me know if you fancy it!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I might be interested. A lad at work won't shut up about it.

Gwadien

I might be interested. A lad at work won't shut up about it.

Ya, tis pretty fun.

Basically if FPS shooters tend to be a bit dull for you then this will be your cup of tea.

Its like Minecraft but with a good FPS module, very competitive and you cry when you lose gear.

I won't sugar coat it though, clearly when there's an element of survival there's quite a bit of grind for the best loot and resources to build, but since you play Minecraft I'd imagine this won't be an issue.

Building bases and stuff is important since you go to sleep when you log out, so you can get killed by other players or eaten by the wildlife.

I have you on Steam don't I? I'll let you know when my bunch are going to give it a jab and I'll invite you.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Getting killed while logged off is a bit ouchy.

Gwadien

Kind of an element of the game really, survival game... Conversely, its a bit silly that you can log off and be absolutely safe.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But you dont have any control over anything when your not online. So i dont see why its fun to log in to find you been killed cause you had work in the morning and didnt have time to make some where safe.

Theres a level of reality you dont need to got i as long as you make logging take some time so you cant do it to avoid conflict for example.

Gwadien

Yeah...

It doesn't have cars or anything and you have a pretty largeish inventory space on you so in theory you could pretty much log off with all your valuables and then I'd anyone raided you they'd get absolutely nothing which totally defeats the purpose of the game.

There are mods and stuff which cater for the more casual player, which means you can get a base up in no time but as on any survival game people who play in groups will clearly still have a clear advantage over you.

Besides solo play isn't that bad.

If you get a base up which is resistant to everything but explosives and it remains relatively small then the people with explosives are more likely to avoid it, but you will get hit by the people who chance small amounts of explosives. If you focus on doing this and don't fuck around pvping and stuff you can do this within 2 hours.

However it's more fun to find people who have done the work for you and take der stoofz!

It's hard to explain really, but the offline sleeping does really kinda work, not having it would just kill the game really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom