Running daoc over a network

Jeros

Part of the furniture
odd problem here, im sharing my cable modem from windows xp to 98 over a crossover cable, now everthing works ok (IE:msn etc) and doac gets past the patcher on the 98 machine but when you login to the game it gets to two dots on loading and crashes out, i cheaked the connection as it was launching, there is no network activity when its trying to load up doac o_O.

Windows firewall is off and the xp machine has no firewall atm and thats the pc sharing the connection.

i seem to remeber a simler problem when i was sharing the net over a parrell cable to the 98 machine, but i seem to recall a reset fixed it.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
get a switch and use 2 normal RJ45 cables? :p works for me.

/Dracus

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dracus said:
get a switch and use 2 normal RJ45 cables? :p works for me.

/Dracus

but this is so much simpler and cheaper :D

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Bah :p cheap is for n0bs :clap: anyway, I cant see why this doesnt work. Its the same concept. I think :eek7:

/Dracus

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dracus said:
Bah :p cheap is for n0bs :clap: anyway, I cant see why this doesnt work. Its the same concept. I think :eek7:

/Dracus

i just plugged my two pcs into my router/hub/switch thing i have and everything worked same as before, but daoc still crashed at the same point.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Does the load screen come up? or does it crash before that? could be GFX related. or DX. doesnt have to be connection.

/Dracus

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dracus said:
Does the load screen come up? or does it crash before that? could be GFX related. or DX. doesnt have to be connection.

/Dracus
it gets to the loading daoc bit with the dots that go across, it worked fine a few weeks ago

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Start at the beginning and work back, plug directly to ensure DAOC does load up, then add the bits one by one till it fails, this is the simple and ONLY way to sort computer shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom