GUIDE: Running DAOC on a netbook

Jeros

Part of the furniture
If your netbook has a odd widescreen size like mine of 1024 x 576 and you dont have a external montier to plug in, DAOC will have a renderer creation failed message when trying to load as it cannot do "full screen" with that res. But there is a solution!

Netbook Resolution Customizer Version 1.0 Beta2 - Eee PC / Desktop Software Downloads

This useful programme will let you set your screen to a res you should not be able to have, and you can then run daoc. See the notes below tho

Hang on!, i wont be able to the full screen then!
The mouse will scroll you when you move your pointer the top or bottom of the screen.

HELP! How do i get back to my normal res again?

(Intel 945 express chipsets, possible the GMA range?)

Close netbook resolution customiser, right click on your desktop, graphics properties, display settings, and then pick one of the options that comes up, and voila, your orginal res can be set agian (this may take a few attempts).

The other way:

Close netbook resolution customiser,right click on your desktop, properties, advanced, adapter, list all modes, select one there.

It is widescreen and i dont want it to be/Its not widescreen and i want it to be (Intel 945 express chipsets, possible the GMA range?):
If you like your game wide screened, or not as the case may be (it looks pretty fugly at 800x600) then you need to right click on you desktop, Graphics options, panel fit, and then select either "center desktop" or "full screen (no border) BEFORE you run the netbook res customiser

Disclamer:
I wont be held responsible if this messes up your netbook, i have no idea if this programme screws anything up inside your machine or not and the procedures above are what works for me using a Compaq mini 110c with a Intel 945 Express Chipset

Notes:
It seems to be best to set the desktop to the SAME res that daoc will run at on launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom