Rules And Guidelines for My ML Raids.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Hello All,

Ill here type down my ML - Raid Rules, And guidelines to help you out.

Rules

* The raid will start at the time i give up, The raid will start on time. The only 1 that changes this hour i sme, and if i do that its with a reason, I dont wanne hear any complaints if i f.e. postpone it for 30 minutes (f.e. If ya need to wait for like 10+ ppl coming from another raid.(it only happened ones so far, but its apoint made)).

* When on a raid, i would like never to hear complaints about anything, Im the one leading the raid, u choose to join so u have to listen to me, If it takes to long, then next time dont join, Leading ML raids aren't always as easy as it might seem. (*)

* Never be AFK (*)

* When I say to do something then i want u to do that, If i ask u to unstick me, then don't stick me, If i ask u (not to/to) speak to a npc then do that, ect... (*)

* Have respect for fellow players (*)

(*) Every abuse on this rule will get u a warning and u will be stript of ure lotto rights, a second warning is equal to being kicked from BG.

With this said some guidelines.​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guidelines
Master Level = What master am i doing.
Presteps = What u need before joining the raid.
Presteps RL = If ill be hosting pre steps for that raid or not
Max Groups = The number i take with me (max) for pre steps.
BG Duration = How long the BG raid will take.
Pre Steps Explenation = Explenation of the pre steps what ya need to do.

Master Level 1:
Presteps: 1, 2, 4, 5
Presteps RL: Yes
Max groups: 3
BG steps Duration: 2-3 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

1) loc 40/22 Anatole.
3 mobs, Sun, Zop, Ait.
Attack Sun First, let a tank take aggro and kill it, Then move to the other side of the island. Ull c "purros" flames, pull them, do NOT attack zop. Pull the flames and kill them, pull them, then stun and then a pbaoe from a supp sm works wonders. when u did enough damage to the flames zop will die, Then same strategy as Sun for Ait.
Be aware, u got 10 minuts for this encounter before it despawns.

2) 27/25 meso
Dive, talk to a npc "Lornas"
U need to kill a thief named Borjan. She will say wher eu can find them, here are the locs.
"south and west of Mesothalassa", try at 24k, 44k Meso on a big rock. If you don't see them at first, wait and they will appear.
"west in the Skylok terrority", try 5k, 20k Meso on top of a rock
"north, near Kitra Sanctuary" try 27k, 6.5k Meso
"east in the Naxos territory" try 54k, 24k Meso near the large rock.

Easy as hell :D, just kill it

4) loc 27/31 Hesperos

Very easy, he has a respawn for about 20min to 1 hour.
Kill some adds around him, then attack the barrier, when the barrier is down, just kill him, not really any problem.

5) loc 50/36 Anatole

Just a solo mission, Bring a seer, to help u if needed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 2:
Presteps: 5, 7, 8
Max groups: 4
BG steps Duration: 3 -4 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

5) loc 24/9 Sob Et.

This is quite easy, u need the N hall key to get in here though.
Just pick a piece an d associate with it, a nice setting is this.

Set the KING to COMMAND, set the QUEEN to DRAIN, set the ROOK to DEFEND, set the BISHOP to HEAL, set the KNIGHT to WEAKEN, set the PAWNS to STUN.

7) loc 30/15 Sob Et

U need the cellar key for this.

U have the following options:
Fear: a path in the next room is opened underwater. If you can make it to the end (its filled with mobs) in the time limit, you get credit for the encounter. With stealth this is a joke. Anyone else will have to fight a lot of mobs on the way.

Terror: several red con croc-men spawn with smoke clouds in the room. Just pull everything in there and you get credit. This is the 1g step.

Horror: A high level NPC spawn, kill him. This is the BG encounter.

I highly suggest Horror, its easy and u can do it with up to 2 Full Groups. Not more!

8) loc 19/22 Sob Et
Solo Mission , easy nough, Take all ure arounr an dbuffs and weps oof, then speak with him, equip it all and move up while hugging the wall so u dont get aggro. if u can have a seer group u buff u and group heal ya , she can move a bit up with u for that, not to high though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 3:
Presteps: Some Items, c explination
BG steps Duration: 3 -6 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:
u need to do 4 things, Get an egg, a sword, a necklace and kill moughart.

First start by going to temple , befor eu go in look left, speak to the fish there :p. make sure u got the kepa, antioos quest in ure journal.

Go to the locs :
5/19 meso, ull find up to 3 triton shammys there (1 for a group)
and go to 2.6/21.4 For moughart. (bg get credit so u can take more than 1 group)
Both these locs are very close so easy enough.

the rest u can farm inside the temple, get a map here http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/img/totLathera.jpg
now u c in the first room where the cobras are, kill gorgon prowlers best for swords, and pregnant cobra for an egg, 1 egg for a whole grou, and 1 sword a player, so 8 swords for a flg. Takes some time but patients and smart pulling will get u tru this.
Master Level 4:
Presteps: 1, 3, 4
Presteps RL: No, due to respawn timer
Max groups: /
BG steps Duration: 3 - 4 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

1) Loc 3/17 Stygia, ull find more than 1 collosal there, u can also try just N of stygia heaven near the water.

3) loc Loa at 57/44
Just camp there, eventually ull c a named lion, Tutankhsekhmet. kill him, if he has been kille dbefore, he respawns each hour. When u kill him, run away fast for an aoe spell that will kill u, Also heale the 1 that picked up stone, he will have a dot on him not cureble.

4) Just roam Loa a bit to 1 of the many camps and kill a green con named, Miw-Shesekhmet . Ull also encounter ow and then a big zerg, some of those Miw-Shesekhmet walk with them, u can just kill em and run/wipe, but doesnt matter as long as u kill 1 of the green con.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 5:
Presteps: 1 - 8
Max groups: 2
BG steps Duration: 1 hour
Pre Steps Explenation:

Most are just melee and kill him, some tips for each mob are.

For happy, When he splits up, let the tanks hit each clone ones, and they will die fast after a while, if seers/casters have aggro kite aem around. Happy appears when clones are down.

For Imsety, Kill Him asap, after some time, adds will spawn, they are dangerous, mezz em or let casters take em out, ure choice, but i suggest full power on imsety when he dies, so will adds.

For Qeb, Fire resist

for duamutef, After some time he will split into scarabs, best way is to stay in room, and kill them fast, if u dont dua will regain his health, Best is a supp sm and a stunner for this. after three splits he wont split anymore.(if u stay in room that is)

for 5.5 before u enter temple go the left and right stairs, 1 croc there, just kill it , not hard at all.

For the last three, u need to kill purple mobs, do it slowly not more than 2 at once, and ull be fine :D.

Remember these are all Group steps, and i also suggest when u run around, choose left or right from the rooms, to clear mobs, so u dont get to much aggro, they are no pushovers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 6:
Presteps: 1, 5
Presteps RL: No
Max groups: 1
BG steps Duration: ?
Pre Steps Explenation:

5)
Location: Crazed Adventurer in Typhon's Reach, 18k, 28k, near edge of lava and Belderim.
- Ceelia and Spirithex

Spent a few hours PLing an alt, so killed tons of salamander hatchlings and turned in all the Frozen Cold Glands to the dorf guy (Crazed Adventurer). It is to your advantage to farm the hatchlings that are right by the pedestal, on the south side. That way there is less that agro.

Note about collecting Cold Glands: If you gather Cold Glands and leave the area, either walking, logging out or releasing after dieing, you will lose all the Cold Glands you have collected. On the other hand, if you happen to begin collecting the four parts and die before you get all four, those you have picked up remain with you and will not disappear. Jan 8
- Lachlan Mor

Turned in a ton (you need 20) and Crazed Adventurer said:

Crazed Adventurer says,"I hope you have your running boots on! Sixty seconds is not a very long."

You get a pop-up window saying you have 60 seconds and all the flames from the fountains disappear. You have 60 seconds from the time the pop-up box shows up to run to all the fountains. Warning: waiting to hit OK does not buy you more time! You have 60 seconds from the time the pop-up box popped. Nov 15 - Mystr Byrnz

I ran to each fountain and grabbed each of the 4 items (Cogwheel, Fastener, Handle, Lens). You can run to each fountain and do F7 grab, that works.
After obtaining the 4th this message appears:

The four items combine to make a Salamander Incinerator. You will need a large target to incinerate.

At this point, if you leave the zone for some reason, you will not lose the hammer. You can leave the zone and come back later.

Placed the hammer on my hotbar (you can't equip it), select the Livid Salamander, and "use" it like you use a water-breathing potion. Livid immediately died and I got the "You have completed the Flames quest." message.
Received Salamander Ash. Looks like a rock in the inventory

1) You need to kill a haje-uraei, a red con snake mob.

In Typhon's Reach, just take your group around and hug the lava. You'll eventually find the rare snake. Locations it has been spotted at:

16222, 19996 Typhons Reach
35k, 14k Typhons Reach
46k, 22k near this loc, along outskirts of this island - Gwenni
29600, 52900 Typhons Reach, easy spot no aggro - Joohl Ceers

We did not manage to find a snake. So we had a group member disband from the group and continuously commit suicide until a haje-uraei spawned from his corpse. You have to commit suicide to a mob, not the lava. Sometimes nothing spawned, sometimes a uraeus spawned, and finally, on his 6th or 7th death, a haje-uraei spawned.
The guy that was suiciding did not need credit for that trial. Which is good since there would be no way to get him back in the group before we had to kill the haje-uraei

But i think, u can invite ppl when in combat, at least now after the patch not 100% sure

Thats it, i hope this will help u do the steps ureself when u can't join mine.

greets Vavires
(this took me 1 hour 35 minutes to ty^pe out, at the ned i pasted some :p)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I hope u will sticky this for all my trouble tiping :)
At least till im done with all my raids ( thats 7 :p)

tx mods ;)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice summarison of them MLs, good work Vaviri :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Hello All,

Ill here type down my ML - Raid Rules, And guidelines to help you out.

Rules

* The raid will start at the time i give up, The raid will start on time. The only 1 that changes this hour i sme, and if i do that its with a reason, I dont wanne hear any complaints if i f.e. postpone it for 30 minutes (f.e. If ya need to wait for like 10+ ppl coming from another raid.(it only happened ones so far, but its apoint made)).

* When on a raid, i would like never to hear complaints about anything, Im the one leading the raid, u choose to join so u have to listen to me, If it takes to long, then next time dont join, Leading ML raids aren't always as easy as it might seem. (*)

* Never be AFK (*)

* When I say to do something then i want u to do that, If i ask u to unstick me, then don't stick me, If i ask u (not to/to) speak to a npc then do that, ect... (*)

* Have respect for fellow players (*)

(*) Every abuse on this rule will get u a warning and u will be stript of ure lotto rights, a second warning is equal to being kicked from BG.

* Each Raid ill Take 1 Scroll Or Item at my own choice for myself. Ill tell and show what item i have chosen. I think its not to much to take 1 S/I for myself.

With this said some guidelines.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guidelines
Master Level = What master am i doing.
Presteps = What u need before joining the raid.
Presteps RL = If ill be hosting pre steps for that raid or not
Max Groups = The number i take with me (max) for pre steps.
BG Duration = How long the BG raid will take.
Pre Steps Explenation = Explenation of the pre steps what ya need to do.

Master Level 1:
Presteps: 1, 2, 4, 5
BG steps Duration: 2-3 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

1) loc 40/22 Anatole.
3 mobs, Sun, Zop, Ait.
Attack Sun First, let a tank take aggro and kill it, Then move to the other side of the island. Ull c "purros" flames, pull them, do NOT attack zop. Pull the flames and kill them, pull them, then stun and then a pbaoe from a supp sm works wonders. when u did enough damage to the flames zop will die, Then same strategy as Sun for Ait.
Be aware, u got 10 minuts for this encounter before it despawns.

2) 27/25 meso
Dive, talk to a npc "Lornas"
U need to kill a thief named Borjan. She will say wher eu can find them, here are the locs.
"south and west of Mesothalassa", try at 24k, 44k Meso on a big rock. If you don't see them at first, wait and they will appear.
"west in the Skylok terrority", try 5k, 20k Meso on top of a rock
"north, near Kitra Sanctuary" try 27k, 6.5k Meso
"east in the Naxos territory" try 54k, 24k Meso near the large rock.

Easy as hell , just kill it

4) loc 27/31 Hesperos

Very easy, he has a respawn for about 20min to 1 hour.
Kill some adds around him, then attack the barrier, when the barrier is down, just kill him, not really any problem.

5) loc 50/36 Anatole

Just a solo mission, Bring a seer, to help u if needed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 2:
Presteps: 5, 7, 8
Max groups: 4
BG steps Duration: 3 -4 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

5) loc 24/9 Sob Et.

This is quite easy, u need the N hall key to get in here though.
Just pick a piece an d associate with it, a nice setting is this.

Set the KING to COMMAND, set the QUEEN to DRAIN, set the ROOK to DEFEND, set the BISHOP to HEAL, set the KNIGHT to WEAKEN, set the PAWNS to STUN.

7) loc 30/15 Sob Et

U need the cellar key for this.

U have the following options:
Fear: a path in the next room is opened underwater. If you can make it to the end (its filled with mobs) in the time limit, you get credit for the encounter. With stealth this is a joke. Anyone else will have to fight a lot of mobs on the way.

Terror: several red con croc-men spawn with smoke clouds in the room. Just pull everything in there and you get credit. This is the 1g step.

Horror: A high level NPC spawn, kill him. This is the BG encounter.

I highly suggest Horror, its easy and u can do it with up to 2 Full Groups. Not more!

8) loc 19/22 Sob Et
Solo Mission , easy nough, Take all ure arounr an dbuffs and weps oof, then speak with him, equip it all and move up while hugging the wall so u dont get aggro. if u can have a seer group u buff u and group heal ya , she can move a bit up with u for that, not to high though.
Master Level 3:
Presteps: Some Items, c explination
BG steps Duration: 3 -6 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:
u need to do 4 things, Get an egg, a sword, a necklace and kill moughart.

First start by going to temple , befor eu go in look left, speak to the fish there . make sure u got the kepa, antioos quest in ure journal.

Go to the locs :
5/19 meso, ull find up to 3 triton shammys there (1 for a group)
and go to 2.6/21.4 For moughart. (bg get credit so u can take more than 1 group)
Both these locs are very close so easy enough.

the rest u can farm inside the temple, get a map here http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/img/totLathera.jpg
now u c in the first room where the cobras are, kill gorgon prowlers best for swords, and pregnant cobra for an egg, 1 egg for a whole grou, and 1 sword a player, so 8 swords for a flg. Takes some time but patients and smart pulling will get u tru this.
Master Level 4:
Presteps: 1, 3, 4
Presteps RL: No, due to respawn timer
Max groups: /
BG steps Duration: 3 - 4 hours
Pre Steps Explenation:

1) Loc 3/17 Stygia, ull find more than 1 collosal there, u can also try just N of stygia heaven near the water.

3) loc Loa at 57/44
Just camp there, eventually ull c a named lion, Tutankhsekhmet. kill him, if he has been kille dbefore, he respawns each hour. When u kill him, run away fast for an aoe spell that will kill u, Also heale the 1 that picked up stone, he will have a dot on him not cureble.

4) Just roam Loa a bit to 1 of the many camps and kill a green con named, Miw-Shesekhmet . Ull also encounter ow and then a big zerg, some of those Miw-Shesekhmet walk with them, u can just kill em and run/wipe, but doesnt matter as long as u kill 1 of the green con.
Master Level 5:
Presteps: 1 - 8
Max groups: 2
BG steps Duration: 1 hour
Pre Steps Explenation:

Most are just melee and kill him, some tips for each mob are.

For happy, When he splits up, let the tanks hit each clone ones, and they will die fast after a while, if seers/casters have aggro kite aem around. Happy appears when clones are down.

For Imsety, Kill Him asap, after some time, adds will spawn, they are dangerous, mezz em or let casters take em out, ure choice, but i suggest full power on imsety when he dies, so will adds.

For Qeb, Fire resist

for duamutef, After some time he will split into scarabs, best way is to stay in room, and kill them fast, if u dont dua will regain his health, Best is a supp sm and a stunner for this. after three splits he wont split anymore.(if u stay in room that is)

for 5.5 before u enter temple go the left and right stairs, 1 croc there, just kill it , not hard at all.

For the last three, u need to kill purple mobs, do it slowly not more than 2 at once, and ull be fine .

Remember these are all Group steps, and i also suggest when u run around, choose left or right from the rooms, to clear mobs, so u dont get to much aggro, they are no pushovers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Level 6:
Presteps: 1, 5
Presteps RL: No
Max groups: 1
BG steps Duration: ?
Pre Steps Explenation:

5)
Location: Crazed Adventurer in Typhon's Reach, 18k, 28k, near edge of lava and Belderim.
- Ceelia and Spirithex

Spent a few hours PLing an alt, so killed tons of salamander hatchlings and turned in all the Frozen Cold Glands to the dorf guy (Crazed Adventurer). It is to your advantage to farm the hatchlings that are right by the pedestal, on the south side. That way there is less that agro.

Note about collecting Cold Glands: If you gather Cold Glands and leave the area, either walking, logging out or releasing after dieing, you will lose all the Cold Glands you have collected. On the other hand, if you happen to begin collecting the four parts and die before you get all four, those you have picked up remain with you and will not disappear. Jan 8
- Lachlan Mor

Turned in a ton (you need 20) and Crazed Adventurer said:

Crazed Adventurer says,"I hope you have your running boots on! Sixty seconds is not a very long."

You get a pop-up window saying you have 60 seconds and all the flames from the fountains disappear. You have 60 seconds from the time the pop-up box shows up to run to all the fountains. Warning: waiting to hit OK does not buy you more time! You have 60 seconds from the time the pop-up box popped. Nov 15 - Mystr Byrnz

I ran to each fountain and grabbed each of the 4 items (Cogwheel, Fastener, Handle, Lens). You can run to each fountain and do F7 grab, that works.
After obtaining the 4th this message appears:

The four items combine to make a Salamander Incinerator. You will need a large target to incinerate.

At this point, if you leave the zone for some reason, you will not lose the hammer. You can leave the zone and come back later.

Placed the hammer on my hotbar (you can't equip it), select the Livid Salamander, and "use" it like you use a water-breathing potion. Livid immediately died and I got the "You have completed the Flames quest." message.
Received Salamander Ash. Looks like a rock in the inventory

1) You need to kill a haje-uraei, a red con snake mob.

In Typhon's Reach, just take your group around and hug the lava. You'll eventually find the rare snake. Locations it has been spotted at:

16222, 19996 Typhons Reach
35k, 14k Typhons Reach
46k, 22k near this loc, along outskirts of this island - Gwenni
29600, 52900 Typhons Reach, easy spot no aggro - Joohl Ceers

We did not manage to find a snake. So we had a group member disband from the group and continuously commit suicide until a haje-uraei spawned from his corpse. You have to commit suicide to a mob, not the lava. Sometimes nothing spawned, sometimes a uraeus spawned, and finally, on his 6th or 7th death, a haje-uraei spawned.
The guy that was suiciding did not need credit for that trial. Which is good since there would be no way to get him back in the group before we had to kill the haje-uraei

But i think, u can invite ppl when in combat, at least now after the patch not 100% sure

Thats it, i hope this will help u do the steps ureself when u can't join mine.

greets Vavires
(this took me 1 hour 35 minutes to ty^pe out, at the ned i pasted some )

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
I added a * Rule about giving myself 1 item, each raid

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
nice. and how much time before you start an ml run did you post this?

...a few seconds beforehand.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
which item are you claiming from teh raids ? or does it depend on what drops at the very end and then you choose the item u like ?

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
If I'm not mistaken its what drops....not a pre-selected item.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Pfft.. Imo ppl's are joining your raids because there are too few alternatives.. You shout and scream at ppl's in the most unpleasant way, and threatens to kick someone on every single raid.. Maby you think you are a respected player, but imo you are tolerated, not respected.. and only because there are no alternatives to your raids.. Now you want to claim items from every raid and this has triggered a group of ppl's that are willing to lead raids in a positive tone without preclaimed items.. We didn't have much time to discuss this yet, but Danish Huscarls and Bragis Scorpions will now start working together in planning ML raids for ppl's that feel the same as us..

Preclaiming items are just abit too arrogant imo..

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
koxi said:
Pfft.. Imo ppl's are joining your raids because there are too few alternatives.. You shout and scream at ppl's in the most unpleasant way, and threatens to kick someone on every single raid.. Maby you think you are a respected player, but imo you are tolerated, not respected.. and only because there are no alternatives to your raids.. Now you want to claim items from every raid and this has triggered a group of ppl's that are willing to lead raids in a positive tone without preclaimed items.. We didn't have much time to discuss this yet, but Danish Huscarls and Bragis Scorpions will now start working together in planning ML raids for ppl's that feel the same as us..

very well said koxi i also note u discourage others from leading raids ..'its too hard for you this' or 'wait for my next set'..u disrespected gustavs raid on ml8 not only by spamming incessantly which u dont tolerate, but questioning every step even misnumbering then in an efort to criticise trying to make people look small etc..poor form.
Fair enough u lead raids but I think maybe many are seeing u lead them for urself as much if not more than midgard. I for one did not understand why when others volunteered/asked to take over an ml2 raid in ur place when u had pcs probs u discouraged them because it would mean one ur chars wouldnt get the ml... You went one and bold typed if u respect me at all u wont go ahead...well your one person if u respect your realm who are you to demand that up to 40+ppl shouldnt have gone ahead with a raid? or to predemand loot with little warning...

just my 2 cent

ps and yes i have lead many raid weather they be mls or otherwise and never claimed anything i didnt win by my roll

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed, yes raid leader job is frustrating but a raid leader doesn't solo the raid themself. Claiming taxes for leading raids is very poor form, Gus is right Clan Chaos will be able to help with future raid plans np :D

To the future then :drink:

Cider

Fledgling Freddie
I totaly agree with Koxi , Gustav, belxavier and Zedenz.

\Cider

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Kobbie Kobbie Kobbie
Kobbie raid service :cheers:

Will be more avilable for hosting in a few weeks :)

/Ovron

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Vavires, I must agree with above posters. U shouldn't (try) to guide nor comment other RL (expect when he/she) specifically asks for ur guidance in a raid where u participiate in.

And reserving right for any loot (and not stated even in the beginning of the raid) is low. Do it for a greater good, and not so selfishly focused to ur own personal gain.

You don't get most ppl respect if u fail in those two issues.

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
koxi said:

Hear hear! Delta 32, eventhough we're just two people (har har) totally aggree on this. Since Vavires posted this 'new rule' about 10 seconds before the ml4 raid started, we had no choice in this what soever. Therefor I can now say: That was the last Vavires raid I have been on. Shame realy, 'cause I got to know you as a nice guy, Vav... Thing is, lately you've grown too big for your shoes mate. You pretend you do all this for 'the realm', but hey, you said a few times already (even on FH) that basically you are doing this to get your own characters up the ML ladder.

That was already questionable, but sure, when people need the ML and nobody else organizes, they're forced to join your raid(s). Hell, I even hosted a ML8 pre-steps myself, eventhough I had only been on that once before and had no clue as to how to organize this. And if I had the patience then I would be in the organizing business myself. Not because I need the drops, but mainly to get people to ml10 without having to wait forever, resulting in raids with close to 200 people on it. We all know how that ends up.

By the way: big respect for you Gustav, 'cause I know it can't have been easy to do that ML8 raid with all the 'raid induced lag'. 119 people tend to do that...:)

So, Vavires.... grow up please, and put your feet back on the ground. You are NOT what everybody has been waiting for... Drop the arrogance and start doing ML's for the right reasons. And 'own gain' is not one of those reasons:)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Lilinallte said:
[...]that basically you are doing this to get your own characters up the ML ladder.

That was already questionable [...]

It's obviously quite alright to lead ML raids to get your own characters up. In fact, that's a very good reason to do it.

Leading ML raids to belive you are a big person and preclaim great loot is not a good reason.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I absolutely think its right that raidleaders who help everyone should have something extra for doing this with their time. I think people who joined raid after raid without offering the raidleaders this before should rethink maybe. These raids help the realm in whole and are not about farming items. farming items is done much more effective in small groups with chosen classes and can be done other times. one extra scoll or item is not a reason to spend hours helping with a raid but its something to show our gratitude, thats what i think.

/Narve

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
well i havent been on many ml raids lately or raids outside my alliance and im not sure how you others feel really but this is just how i see it. I think its great when people start doing raids and stuff. the more that try the better. im not sure i really think its right to critizise for trying. well at least we are still playing midgard and havent quit yet like those others did.

/Narve

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Farbaute2 said:
I absolutely think its right that raidleaders who help everyone should have something extra for doing this with their time. I think people who joined raid after raid without offering the raidleaders this before should rethink maybe. These raids help the realm in whole and are not about farming items. farming items is done much more effective in small groups with chosen classes and can be done other times. one extra scoll or item is not a reason to spend hours helping with a raid but its something to show our gratitude, thats what i think.

/Narve

He gets loot to salvage, the ml done (remember he needs it and without the zerg he wont get it), and the satifaction of helping the realm. I wouldnt mind if he had posted that he would pre name a drop from each raid before he started booking all the raids for the next month or so. But...he has changed his rules to suit himself, saying that he gets first pick of any drops? That is pure greed. And the fact is he has changed the rules after booking all those ml times. Even posting the rule minutes before the raid sets off.

If he continues in this direction I will run raids to coincide with his so midgardians get a choice. My rules are simple. Come along and have fun, I have never kicked anyone, I will not threaten to kick anyone, and I certainly will not claim an items after the raid is done.

Gustav

katjak

Fledgling Freddie
Farbaute2 said:

/Narve

Gustav said:
... I wouldnt mind if he had posted that he would pre name a drop from each raid before he started booking all the raids for the next month or so. ...

Raidleaders do a great job for the realm, no question about that. But pre-claiming items and scrolls, named or otherwise is bad.

Besides the already mentioned reasons, pre-claiming discourages people with higher master level from helping out, since they can't be sure to get a fair roll on the items they desire. This would especially be a problem on the higher levels, where many past raids have solely succeded because of people with credit helping out.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Regardless of what you think looks like you'll now get a choice, raids where all loot is in the pot and nobody gets kicked, or raids where potential phat lewts are snapped up before they even drop.

The choice as they say, is yours!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
vavires said:
* Each Raid ill Take 1 Scroll Or Item at my own choice for myself. Ill tell and show what item i have chosen. I think its not to much to take 1 S/I for myself.
How surprising, Vavires is now claiming any good item or scroll that drops--wow, I couldn't see this coming! Note, mind you, that he is not even pre-claiming a specific drop, he will give himself the opportunity to pick at every dropped item and scroll and select one after long deliberation.

Time for a reality check, Vavires. You are not God's gift to Midgard. What you are doing is not unique, there are others who are less greedy and equally (if not more) capable of leading ML raids as you. You are not widely "known" in Midgard, and you enjoy next to zero respect from a lot of people now after pulling off a stunt like this. Good job.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
belxavier said:
very well said koxi i also note u discourage others from leading raids ..'its too hard for you this' or 'wait for my next set'..u disrespected gustavs raid on ml8 not only by spamming incessantly which u dont tolerate, but questioning every step even misnumbering then in an efort to criticise trying to make people look small etc..poor form.
Fair enough u lead raids but I think maybe many are seeing u lead them for urself as much if not more than midgard. I for one did not understand why when others volunteered/asked to take over an ml2 raid in ur place when u had pcs probs u discouraged them because it would mean one ur chars wouldnt get the ml... You went one and bold typed if u respect me at all u wont go ahead...well your one person if u respect your realm who are you to demand that up to 40+ppl shouldnt have gone ahead with a raid? or to predemand loot with little warning...

just my 2 cent

ps and yes i have lead many raid weather they be mls or otherwise and never claimed anything i didnt win by my roll
well said belx :)

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
koxi said:

Well Vaviri has it really come to that, after having joined your raids many times, we have been shouted at like a bunch of russian prisoners of war in 1942, we are worth nothing, on your raids, you always talk in a negative way to the zerg = mob in your eyes. If you have such a view on life outside this game, im sure you will have problems in leading real people. Yes we have followed you, and yes we have obeyed, but i can tell you for a fact that most of the players i know from various guilds, amongst my own only have tolerated you because there was no easy alternative. Most ppl are optimists, and have thought you were getting better, you were getting happier but NO you are still a very negative leader, very much unlike Gustav and Ovron with whom ppl are very happy and loyal to follow on raids.

I can only say that we from DH will stand together with our dear neighbours from Bragi's Scorpions and well we will have to find some ones to do the raids instead of you. The tone we dont like, the attitude is bad. You have one of the biggest if not the biggest EGO of all DaoC players we have ever seen.

Best of luck IRL.

from Danish Huscarls

Vonwar
GM

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I've never preclaimed an item on anything I've arranged, not any of my DR's, arti hunts or anything - the reason I don't do this, and don't like when other people do it, is because it takes away the fun and excitement of doing the raid. When I join raids I do it for the reward, in most cases the ML. The drops are just that extra sugar for the cake, and by preclaiming an item you haven't even specified you're taking away that extra sugar for so many people. Of course you are the raid leader, but personally I wouldn't attend a raid where the RL claims an item no matter what raid it may be.

As someone said, leading a raid to achieve a big name and preclaim loot hardly is a good reason for doing so - where's the fun in that? Everyone get judged by their actions, good or bad - but if they are forced actions, then people will see through it and you'll wind up with nothing in the end.

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
So vonwar koxine etc bunch off ppl who said here now that they never liked ppl who claimed items on their raids etc ? howcome u dindt do all this posting about drugis claiming off stuff off his raids and so on all the times we did artifacts for durgi when passing the mobs with ml raids ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom