ROTK-Cut in half

E

Embattle

15 minutes is a bit long, although I guess there might be a que at the bogs :)

T

Tom

I think thats a very good idea tbh. I'm sick of holding it in for 90 minutes.

R

Rekin

This is a good idea. More than 90 minutes of a Lord of the Rings film without a fag break is a little bit much.

T

Tenko

Actually as I'll be sat in my huge comfy seat on Wednesday night I think a 15 minute sojourn to the private bar would be lovely.

And I bet I'll need a piss as well.

E

ECA

tbh i'd be tempted for a fag break in a LOTR film, and i dont smoke and neither do i like gay handjobs.

Y

Yaka

nifty, saves me buying to large drinks before the film starts, didnt like it when i started the 2nd one with the ice melted

M

Meatballs

If they were showing the extended edition I might sympathise. But you ****s all sound like people who dont piss before a long journey and then nag at every service station, or keep repeating, "Are we there yet?".

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Meatballs
But you ****s all sound like people who dont piss before a long journey and then nag at every service station, or keep repeating, "Are we there yet?".

I hate those people. :(

L

leggy

Way too long to be sitting on your fat arses anyway. Personally i'm glad, as i'm seeing this tomorrow and was in a CBA mood about it. I get really fidgetty (with better spelling) after a couple of hours and will be glad to stretch the old leggys.

S

Swift^

It's incredible how few people have the attention span to sit down for 3 hours.

If the film's good you won't even think about needing the toilet, getting a drink or whatever.

Pity you're going to see a LoTR film then, cos there's no chance of gaining any anti-toilet distractions.

L

leggy

I have the attention span for something worthwhile but I also drink about 3 litres of water a day. So there is absolutely no chance of me making it through a 3 and a half hour film without needing a piss.

Attention span is rarely associated with movies anyway. It's usually the opposite. Someone with an active mind will find it hard to sit through a good dose of mindless drivel.

1tchy trigger

I find it hard to concentrate just posting in th....

S

Stazbumpa

I am hardcore my friends. I sat through the other LOTR's with no break, I sat through Private Ryan with no break coz to be honest I get engrossed in a film and don't like breaks for any reason.

However I am glad that my cinema is having a break with this film as I don't fancy sitting next to my girlfriend when she hasn't had a fag for 3 hours.

The words "Jeckyll" and "Hyde" spring to mind.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Stazbumpa
I am hardcore my friends. I sat through the other LOTR's with no break, I sat through Private Ryan with no break coz to be honest I get engrossed in a film and don't like breaks for any reason.

No not hardcore. Just not old/senial/Jupitus/DBs or Weak Bladdered.

*Delete as appropriate.

T

Tom

I always try to condition myself before the film. I buy a medium drink (which is always massive ffs), I take small sips at regular intervals, I have nothing to drink for hours beforehand, yet still, 90 minutes in, I need to pee.

I can never leave because I'm frightened of missing an important plot development.

S

stimpy

I can't be bothered trying to get past people to get to the toilets, then not being able to find my seat when I come back, I just stay in my seat and if I really need to go I pee in my friends bottle of coke*

*This may or may not be true.

S

Swift^

Jesus, you guys plan your cinema trips like you're making art or something.

It's quite simple: Pay. Sit down. Watch film. Leave.

I still don't understand why people have such difficulty in doing something so basic, especially something.

Primary school kids can sit down for longer than you guys it seems.

M

~Mobius~

Not to mention it ruins the atmosphere, when I watch Lotr at the cinema it is like a dream to me, as if I am actually in Middle Earth. Any distractions REALLY make me sad.

I am not a nerd.

L

leggy

Mobius you need help. Seriously.

Mobius: "Why can't I get women?"
Forum: "don't ask us for fucks sake"
Mobius: "I like pretending i'm a hobbit in middle earth"

!!!!

M

~Mobius~

I just thing it'd be cool to live in Middle Earth or the Starwars universe ... better than this crappy planet anyway. :(

L

leggy

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
I just thing it'd be cool to live in Middle Earth or the Starwars universe ... better than this crappy planet anyway. :(

I wouldn't like to have sex with small people with hairy feet or elves. I can't see the benefit of either really.

On topic though. I thought Sean bean died in the first one. Why is he making a reappearence?. Flash backs I presume? Or is he coming back army of darkness stylee.

W

Wij

He was in TTT:EE in quite a big flashback \o/

And judging by the film I'd quite like to see Arwen and Galadriel lezzin up at least. Might wanna refrain from boning cos they might have teeth up their arses or something for all I know. JRRT never ruled that out !!!!1

Users who are viewing this thread